• Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

8 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

Not sure about giroud his pace might be hindrance to our counter attack

Why are people worried about this? It's not like our counter-attacks have been threatening with pacey players to say the least, we still looked clueless and technically lacking. At least now we can hope for Giroud to make some knock-downs to on-running players, this has worked wonders for us in the past with a certain Drogba. If anything he will help our counter-attacks by actually creating some with hold-up and link-up play. Great line-up, exactly what I would have posted.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fuck it. It'll be 0-0 till the 92nd minute and Giroud will score for the 1-0 win!

I like the sound of that but I think it would be more fitting if Morata scored why? you know kind of like what Torres did the last time we where here...

Making up for his price tag to some extent.

3 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

I like the sound of that but I think it would be more fitting if Morata scored why? you know kind of like what Torres did the last time we where here...

Making up for his price tag to some extent.

For Morata it would be even more special because he is from Real Madrid.

Expect Barca to be much more aggressive and forceful from the start here. Especially with Dembele. They'll be eager to try to put us away as soon as they can because they know our history with comebacks. 

Biggest worry is of course our midfield. Kante and Cesc will have to play perfect games as well as our 3 CB's.

Please avoid playing overly defensive to be eventually defeated. Barca is 90% likely to go through because they are just better than us. We have to go. Do no play same awful defensive tactics like ManU yesterday. It would mean exit of CL and angry from fans. 

Conte has picked up the best team.

Fair for me to get out of CL: Barca is just better than we are.

But please, fight to death on the pitch and attack whenever possible!

OK seen the formation disappointed Alonso has started ahead of Emerson, but hey let's go for it.

Let's disappoint North London, Scouse, and Mancs plus the rest of Europe, and turn over Barca, want to see all of them pissed off by our win.

KTBFFH

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Expect Barca to be much more aggressive and forceful from the start here. Especially with Dembele. They'll be eager to try to put us away as soon as they can because they know our history with comebacks. 

Biggest worry is of course our midfield. Kante and Cesc will have to play perfect games as well as our 3 CB's.

Yeah, I'm not pleased to see Dembele in the Barca line-up; he's exactly the sort of player that tends to shred our defence (think Wilfried Zaha for instance). It's going to be really tough, and I'm not convinced that we can do this, but I want to see us give it the best we've got and avoid going out with a whimper (at the least).

If we go up first, I think Conte will take off Willian or Giroud. Because no matter how great the team is I can't ever see anyone scoring two against Chelsea when they set up to defend, atleast this Barca Side who is not even close to the top side they once were

Just now, cfcs most wanted said:

If we go up first, I think Conte will take off Willian or Giroud. Because no matter how great the team is I can't ever see anyone scoring two against Chelsea when they set up to defend, atleast this Barca Side who is not even close to the top side they once were

Nah, this Barcelona team are very good, just different to what they were before. They are great at grinding out results, and have defeated both Madrid sides + Juventus (3-0 no less) this season.

Tactics and starting xi aside...I hope we go there with winning mentality...even if we lose I won't be disappointed.. Agree with others this is the best possible xi under circumstances... Let's go Chelsea...