Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

Sarri made the wrong call not starting him but taking Giroud on in second half ahead of Callum, for me, was the correct call. It wasnt nice and it was hugely lucky but we won. Not sure Sarri is gonna survive past the summer though, which is disappointing because I had hoped he would be given time but the fans were pretty clear at the game today, there is huge discontent regarding Sarri. I think its unfortunate because there are bigger issues than him, like the fact that at least 6 of the starting 11 needs replaced with geniune quality. Alonso, Luiz, Kovacic, Barkley, Willian and Pedro. Although Eden and Kante would normally start. Callum should have. Also its concerning me a loy that Higuain is cutting a disillusioned figure uptop, his movement is there but the ball rarely comes when it should. Its odd because you can see when he moves that he has got the experience and know how of making opportunities to be found but its our play is too slow and ponderous in the final third and doesnt happen.

Lots of negatives despite 3 points. I think Callum is still off come the summer too, think his mind was made up in January.

Still dont think if he had started 25-30 games this season it would make a huge difference to where we are in the table and the run of form we've had but like I mentioned before, he needs to play to the end of the season. Hes definitely off in the summer or he will run down his contract for the next summer and leave for free. 100%

Sarri looks even fucking dafter now after the comments in January when Bayern came knocking.

Imagine being sat on that bench watching Pedro and Willian offering fuck all every game and the manager still not even giving you a chance.

14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Still dont think if he had started 25-30 games this season it would make a huge difference to where we are in the table and the run of form we've had but like I mentioned before, he needs to play to the end of the season. Hes definitely off in the summer or he will run down his contract for the next summer and leave for free. 100%

Nahhh but least made more use of the talent we have. Rather then watching them go off.  No reason why he couldn't have started some game. There's no logic in this madness 

20 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Agreed. Also, imo the problem wasn’t that he did not play enough, but that he played too much given his contractual situation.

had he been under the radar, there would be no England, no Bayern, and he’d be far more willing to sign a new deal.

imo the fuckup wasn’t the lack of minutes.

Do that with the other youngsters and watch them all go or cost a fortune to renew. It’s a no-win situation for the club: player does well, attracts buyers, making hard to renew; player does poorly and is willing to renew no prob yay!

3 hours ago, Robchels said:

Agreed. Also, imo the problem wasn’t that he did not play enough, but that he played too much given his contractual situation.

had he been under the radar, there would be no England, no Bayern, and he’d be far more willing to sign a new deal.

Hudson-Odoi played only 35 minutes before those Bayern rumours started.

1 hour ago, pHaRaOn said:

Hudson-Odoi played only 35 minutes before those Bayern rumours started.

Bayern saw him play somewhere did they not? Or was it just agent talk?

when a young player does not have much time left, it is very common practice to remove him from rotation in all fronts.

thats literally the only power the clubs have these days, with the scale tipped heavily towards players and agents.

Trusting loyalty or that he will sign a new deal if given enough minutes is naive at best imo.

5 hours ago, Robchels said:

thats just dead wrong

he had not played for shit when Bayern came sniffing around, starting in November or so in the press

35 minutes in the Europa league

NONE in the EPL

NONE in the FA cup

60 in the community shield <<<< LOLOLOL as if that matters, fucking DRINKWATER played in that

if you take it up to the window opening on Jan 1

add 180 more for the EL

42 in the EPL

thats IT

LOL at we played him too much

you must be having a laugh

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

thats just dead wrong

he had not played for shit when Bayern came sniffing around, starting in November or so in the press

35 minutes in the Europa league

NONE in the EPL

NONE in the FA cup

60 in the community shield <<<< LOLOLOL as if that matters, fucking DRINKWATER played in that

if you take it up to the window opening on Jan 1

add 180 more for the EL

42 in the EPL

thats IT

LOL at we played him too much

you must be having a laugh

So, I ask again, if Bayern did not see him enough, why do they want him? For his nice smile? Because Odoi's agent convinced Bayern that Odoi is the next messi? Come on! :) 

They want him because Bayern scouts saw him play (senior and youth levels) and liked what they saw. My point remains that the club has control over that and could have made his appearances more difficult until he signed a new deal.

While I know it has happened before, the players rarely stays once he hands in a transfer request. The relationship between player/agent and club becomes more difficult than before.

You may have your opinion and I have mine: trusting that he will become happy with more appearances is naive. There is no guarantees and the club should not bend backwards for this little shit.

14 minutes ago, Robchels said:

My point remains that the club has control over that and could have made his appearances more difficult until he signed a new deal.

bollocks, not even worth a full response, but I will give one anyway

admit you were wrong

because you are just digging yourself deeper into a hole

I already showed you how little he played, it was ludicrously low levels

following your logic,

maybe we should have just locked him up in a dog cage until he put pen to paper:o

bottom line

Sarri is a cunt and probably cost us CHO

the board are bigger cunts for hiring that fucker and destroying our team's elite level and breaking laws of football to a point where we have a ruinous 2 window ban

the club needs to be sold before even more damage is done

at what point will people wake up?

we STILL do not have a goddamn DoF ffs

and they are in no hurry to get one

Marina is insanely bad at the football part of her job

Marina is Roman's puppet

the buck stops with Abramovich

sell the bloody club

he is taking us straight down the shitter

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

bollocks, not even worth a full response, but I will give one anyway

admit you were wrong

because you are just digging yourself deeper into a hole

I already showed you how little he played, it was ludicrously low levels

maybe we should have just locked him up in a dog cage until he put pen to paper:o

bottom line

Sarri is a cunt and probably cost us CHO

the board are bigger cunts for hiring that fucker and destroying our team's elite level and breaking laws of football to a point where we have a ruinous 2 window ban

the club needs to be sold before even more damage is done

at what point will people wake up?

we STILL do not have a goddamn DoF ffs

and they are in no hurry to get one

Marina is insanely bad at the football part of her job

Marina is Roman's puppet

the buck stops with Abramovich

sell the bloody club

he is taking us straight down the shitter

Now you understand, thank you:

I admit that you very wrong. :) 

Wrong... I mean he may be a bad manager, but I do not believe a different manager, in his first season at the club, would've given Odoi much more playing time. That's reality...

While I agree with the other points you made, they point to the mismanagement in Odoi's contract, which I happen to believe is the root cause that he will leave.

3 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Now you understand, thank you:

I admit that you very wrong. :) 

Wrong... I mean he may be a bad manager, but I do not believe a different manager, in his first season at the club, would've given Odoi much more playing time. That's reality...

While I agree with the other points you made, they point to the mismanagement in Odoi's contract, which I happen to believe is the root cause that he will leave.

naw mate

and with that

I am done with this

as we are just never going to agree

31 minutes ago, Robchels said:

This is so spot on I don't understand how can anyone be in total denial. Mourinho and Conte wouldn't have played him any more than Sarri did. Most overrated player I've ever seen, shown so little and is compared to Messi according to some of our fans. I already started to dislike the bloke with that transfer request but the more I read this thread the more I start to hate this kid the way some think Sarri is to blame for him refusing to sign is hilarious.

I read some days ago from someone saying Sarri is an asshole because he didn't talk to CHO about the racism remarks that happened during the Montenegro match, imagine the absolute state of this place when this isn't even the responsibility of the coach to do this especially in that match that had no business with him.