Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

Good.If Hazard leaves in the summer, there is a good chance CHO will stay and be the  first choice  for the LW position next season.If Eden stays, then we will probably lose him but it won't be that painful. 

P. S. I was mad at the kiddo yesterday and insulted him  so i appologize. But the club should be respected and CHO is no exception. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

He was always gonna be playing those FA Cup ties against Championship level sides though, nothing to do with Bayern being interested that he did indeed play. Whether he starts to get more minutes in the league because the club are desperate is a completely different matter. 

Just now, Jype said:

He was always gonna be playing those FA Cup ties against Championship level sides though, nothing to do with Bayern being interested that he did indeed play. Whether he starts to get more minutes in the league because the club are desperate is a completely different matter. 

I was just gonna reply you on Twitter...!

Maybe but there's no way to be sure of that. I mean, Sarri went from 'he's not ready, he needs to improve' to 'he's ready, he's on the same level as Pedro/Willian' in like a month.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe but there's no way to be sure of that. I mean, Sarri went from 'he's not ready, he needs to improve' to 'he's ready, he's on the same level as Pedro/Willian' in like a month.

Something just clicked :D 

3 minutes ago, Jype said:

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

+ When we played a Championship side in Derby County in the League Cup earlier this season, CHO was left unused on the bench.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

+ When we played a Championship side in Derby County in the League Cup earlier this season, CHO was left unused on the bench.

True, but it was only really after the Derby County match that he even started playing minutes in the EL and played well in those games.

Also there's other factors too. In October things were still looking quite good in all competitions and Willian/Pedro were performing reasonably well and without injuries or fatigue. It was only around the hectic period around Christmas that their form dropped and both got some minor injuries too.

I really can't blame Sarri for not playing CHO much more in the first half of the season because the way I see it he's still gotten a decent amount of minutes for someone who was only 17 at the start of the season! For the first months under Sarri the team were flying and you don't make drastic changes to a winning lineup if nobody gets injured but when either of those things change it's time to try something different and it's natural that a player like CHO had to start getting some minutes, at least in the lesser competitions like the FA Cup and League Cup. Perform in those games like CHO has done and it gives Sarri a good reason to select him in more and more games. Now it's up to Sarri to do just that.

Or it's all only because Bayern started sniffing around, take your pick.

20 minutes ago, Jype said:

True, but it was only really after the Derby County match that he even started playing minutes in the EL and played well in those games.

Also there's other factors too. In October things were still looking quite good in all competitions and Willian/Pedro were performing reasonably well and without injuries or fatigue. It was only around the hectic period around Christmas that their form dropped and both got some minor injuries too.

I really can't blame Sarri for not playing CHO much more in the first half of the season because the way I see it he's still gotten a decent amount of minutes for someone who was only 17 at the start of the season! For the first months under Sarri the team were flying and you don't make drastic changes to a winning lineup if nobody gets injured but when either of those things change it's time to try something different and it's natural that a player like CHO had to start getting some minutes, at least in the lesser competitions like the FA Cup and League Cup. Perform in those games like CHO has done and it gives Sarri a good reason to select him in more and more games. Now it's up to Sarri to do just that.

I really dislike this line of thinking, that CHO has gotten decent amount of minutes at his age. Clearly CHO is not your ordinary 18 year old, it is not ordinary for one of the biggest club in the world to bid 40m for a player with very little senior experience. He is a special player, he has only played 61 minutes in PL action that is very little. 

34 minutes ago, Jype said:

Not rotating even when things were going well was exactly what landed us on the problems we faced last month - fatigue, injuries etc. And you missed out on the fact that when Sarri had a chance to rest the others and play CHO earlier on in the season, he chose to play Loftus-Cheek out wide instead. Are you telling me that CHO isn't good enough to have at least played more in the Europa League? CHO was basically the 5th choice in the winger position but has suddenly become 1st/2nd choice after Hazard in the space of a month. If you took note of Sarri's comments, he basically said CHO wasn't ready at the end of November but exactly a month later at the end of December, when Bayern made their interest known and submitted bids, Sarri suddenly said he's ready and considers CHO on the same level as Pedro and Willian. Clearly Bayern's strong interest made the club panic and pretty much forced Sarri to change his tune.

24 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

FA cup and injuries led to that more rhan anything. As well as poor form after the first 10 to 15 games under Sarri. Seasons only halfway through too...

This.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not rotating even when things were going well was exactly what landed us on the problems we faced last month - fatigue, injuries etc. And you missed out on the fact that when Sarri had a chance to rest the others and play CHO earlier on in the season, he chose to play Loftus-Cheek out wide instead. Are you telling me that CHO isn't good enough to have at least played more in the Europa League? CHO was basically the 5th choice in the winger position but has suddenly become 1st/2nd choice after Hazard in the space of a month. If you took note of Sarri's comments, he basically said CHO wasn't ready at the end of November but exactly a month later at the end of December, when Bayern made their interest known and submitted bids, Sarri suddenly said he's ready and considers CHO on the same level as Pedro and Willian. Clearly Bayern's strong interest made the club panic and pretty much forced Sarri to change his tune.

You must agree tho that when he HAS been given times this season he hasn't set the pitch alight.

Its only been in patches.

Sarri said that he needed to improve. Magic Box said the same.

He HAS got better as the seasons gone on after a very good pre season!

Maybe this has boosted his ego along with opened his mouth?

Would be interested to know from others, if you had to pick one of CHO and Hazard which would you keep.

Hypothetically end of the season you can get £80-100m for Hazard and £25-30m for CHO. 

The obvious choice on the face of things would be to keep Hazard who is proven and established. However at 28 and with the mileage he has on his body and the kicking's he has been given during his Chelsea career, how many more years will he perform realistically at the very top level? 4? The money received for Hazard would also be sufficient to reinvest in a top tier talent as a new talisman for the team, albeit not necessarily in the same position.

Whereas CHO is far more raw and still largely untapped potential. There have been plenty of players his age and similar hype that haven't developed to become the players they were expected to become, but 10 years younger than Hazard do you take the punt that he can develop into a top player who in theory could be the answer to that position for the next 12 years+?

28 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Would be interested to know from others, if you had to pick one of CHO and Hazard which would you keep.

Hypothetically end of the season you can get £80-100m for Hazard and £25-30m for CHO. 

Bloody tough one - the age old question. Experience over potential.

I'd go with keeping CHO.

But 2 things, 1 we have to have a replacement 2 we use all of Edens money on him and even putting more to it if need be.

Use CHO as back up for both wings and pushing Pully and new guy to keep them sharp.

That would still only 1 problem solved tho and we have a few more to sort out.

17 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Bloody tough one - the age old question. Experience over potential.

I'd go with keeping CHO.

But 2 things, 1 we have to have a replacement 2 we use all of Edens money on him and even putting more to it if need be.

Use CHO as back up for both wings and pushing Pully and new guy to keep them sharp.

That would still only 1 problem solved tho and we have a few more to sort out.

See for me if Hazard was to leave I think the player that comes into replace him is in a complete no win situation because of Hazard being held in such high regard by the fans at the club. Whether his Chelsea career finishes this summer or not, and whether he is considered in the same bracket as the likes of Drogba, Lampard & Terry, there's no question he'll be in the discussions as one of the very best Chelsea players of all time.

Someone coming in, expected to replace that will have so much pressure on their shoulders, especially if they come in with a huge price tag too.

So, would the better option be if we were to keep CHO, give him first chance at that role. I think the fans would be far more supportive and patience towards him then they would a new signing and as a result I think he'd have just as much, if not a better chance of succeeding where others being brought into the club may fail. The Hazard money then could theoretically be used on a world class striker or world class central midfielder to play alongside Kante and Jorginho.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

See for me if Hazard was to leave I think the player that comes into replace him is in a complete no win situation because of Hazard being held in such high regard by the fans at the club. Whether his Chelsea career finishes this summer or not, and whether he is considered in the same bracket as the likes of Drogba, Lampard & Terry, there's no question he'll be in the discussions as one of the very best Chelsea players of all time.

Someone coming in, expected to replace that will have so much pressure on their shoulders, especially if they come in with a huge price tag too.

So, would the better option be if we were to keep CHO, give him first chance at that role. I think the fans would be far more supportive and patience towards him then they would a new signing and as a result I think he'd have just as much, if not a better chance of succeeding where others being brought into the club may fail. The Hazard money then could theoretically be used on a world class striker or world class central midfielder to play alongside Kante and Jorginho.

I do get the point but its not like we haven't lost big nales before and lived to tell the tale.

WE are more concerned about losing 1 player and not thinking that JUST MAYBE it might change us for the better.

The biggest reason Ive got for him staying is not to be seen as a selling/losing player club. And I like to think he MIGHT act as an attractive plus to other potential upgrades coming in (HOPEFULLY)

Why shouldn't we be able to use Edens dosh as a replacement and pay up for a ST and AMC tpp?

17 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I do get the point but its not like we haven't lost big nales before and lived to tell the tale.

WE are more concerned about losing 1 player and not thinking that JUST MAYBE it might change us for the better.

The biggest reason Ive got for him staying is not to be seen as a selling/losing player club. And I like to think he MIGHT act as an attractive plus to other potential upgrades coming in (HOPEFULLY)

Why shouldn't we be able to use Edens dosh as a replacement and pay up for a ST and AMC tpp?

I think Hazard will be harder to replace to be honest. 

The old guard were all getting older and declining at the time they all left. The likes of Cech, Cole and Terry were phased out whilst still at the club. Lampard was also to a smaller degree.

I think Hazard leaving in or around his prime and viewed as one of the best players in Europe in his position makes him a harder proposition to replace successfully.

When we bought Hazard, he was a promising young player with bags of potential.  We were never able to buy players like he is now.  If we sell him, I'd expect us to replace him with a promising player with bags of potential.  Someone like a CHO.  Not only do I think that we can't sell CHO until the summer, but we can't sell him until we know what is going to happen with Hazard.