Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

58 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

he did get his minutes tho and will get them tomorrow too i guess.

he really is one impatient little rat. I think he good decent enough playing time so far and will get more and more. But for 35m which is 20m plus add-ons we should rather let him rot. Either bayern forks in 40m+ or he can kiss his career goodbye.

and i doubt we will see him at a rival club. Bayern don't sell and if they do only after they have made sure the player is washed up. 

He didnt get shit until Bayern wanted him, and soon as he committed to us Sarri would put him on the bench again behind willian and pedro because he knows if he doesnt win anything he will be sacked.

4 hours ago, DDA said:

Just get rid of the little prick. Sick to the stomach of reading this bullshit in the news. Go play for the Germans and let's sign Bailey or someone.

Tbh I get him. Sarri doesnt play him in single important match, then he says he is on par with Pedro and Willian (which was bs just to keep him here), plays him a game and then again drops him to the bench with 5min cameos if that. Meanwhile he plays Willian. 

Did anyone see just how shit Willian was vs spuds? Got to about 10 touches on the ball and fucked up every single time. Bad pass, dribbling and losing ball, shot in the stands.

But thing is its not that Cho didnt play much YET. Thing is he wont play for a long time. The club just loves crap "proven" players ahead of young, driven, exciting talents.

It will be massive shame and if it was another club, I would blame the player for not being loyal enough, but Chelsea and youth is one big bullshit. Cant blame him if he goes, he sees it like De Bruyne and Salah did (not our youth, but still young talents back then)

5 hours ago, Robchels said:

Back to youth team for a year and a half and move on. Use it as a deterrent for similar behavior in the future.

Don't get bullied by a kid, his agent, or another club.

Maybe we should start taking these kids seriously as part of the club future and not a fucking profit factory. 

MAYBE then they will give a shit.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Maybe we should start taking these kids seriously as part of the club future and not a fucking profit factory. 

MAYBE then they will give a shit.

Right, but we really can't. And it's not just the fact that all our managers are constantly under pressure.

The transition for 18yo players is very difficult at this level. That's why the vast majority of them make the jump from 18 to, well playable, in smaller teams and in weaker leagues.

The club certainly has some funny business model, prob attached to some very peculiar requirements, but this is one thing I find it hard to fault the club.

In all likelihood, Odoi is still a couple/few years away from actually being able to influence matches.

Either way, this ship has sailed. Now we can either take the (very little) money or make a point.

8 minutes ago, mccg said:

Sky Sports reporter delivers update on Callum Hudson-Odoi at Chelsea FC

https://www.thesportreview.com/2019/01/chelsea-fc-latest-news-callum-hudson-odoi-bayern-munich/

Post transfer request change-abouts are a tough slog.:(

I can understand the view that he should have been given more opportunities when players have under-performed, etc but as a just turned 18 year old playing for one of the top 10 teams in world football I actually think he has had sufficient minutes so far this season on the face of things. I'd be interested to know how many other players at his age at the top teams have played similar or more minutes.

I am also confident that if he stays here he would play a fair amount more minutes until the end of the season and could well at the end of the season be looking at 20-25 appearances across all competitions. For his age I think that's pretty damn good and shows a completely different position to Chelsea's way in the past.

IF this is purely about game time then I believe it is less risky for the club to keep him and prove to him that he can play here. It is becoming increasingly likely that Hazard will leave and CHO has the chance of taking that spot if he continues to establish himself amongst the team and squad this season. I'd have no problem lining up with CHO and Pulisic as our wide men next season if we're making a conscious effort to rebuild this team. Raw pace, raw talent, very direct style of play. If he is given increased playing time over the next 18 months and the opportunities to establish himself as first choice then I see no reason else why he would want to leave. 

Callum Hudson-Odoi set to start Chelsea's FA Cup tie with Sheffield Wednesday despite handing in transfer request as Bayern Munich and RB Leipzig make bids for teenager

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6637037/Callum-Hudson-Odoi-set-start-Chelseas-FA-Cup-tie-Sheffield-Wednesday.html

The biggest prospect wants to leave by any means same as the very best player Hazard. If CHO and Hazard has enough confidence in Chelsea and Sarri they would have already signed new contracts. Simple as.