Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

2 hours ago, the wes said:

According to BBC sport we are in talks with CHO over a new contract 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46921275

70k a week is not bad for 18 year old to earn 

Apparently, he is on £22k p/w right now. That is not bloody bad either. At 18!!!

While I think the money is way too much what we are offering, if that is what it takes to keep him, then so be it. We need to show how much we want the player. Hopefully the money offered is backed up by the playing time too.

31 minutes ago, Stats said:

Apparently, he is on £22k p/w right now. That is not bloody bad either. At 18!!!

While I think the money is way too much what we are offering, if that is what it takes to keep him, then so be it. We need to show how much we want the player. Hopefully the money offered is backed up by the playing time too.

Humiliating Bayern after they whored themselves in public to get him is worth the 70k pw alone😋

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Humiliating Bayern after they whored themselves in public to get him is worth the 70k pw alone😋

You can't tell me they don't bear us some ill feelings still after 2012 and would love to get one over on us.

I know I would if I was them.

As for RM wanting to beat us up over Eden - they're just cunts!.

5 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

70k for a 18 year old is ridiculous. These kids get paid too much way too early. Some kind of American style wage cap should be introduced

I don't disagree but there's a flip side as well.  If we're telling him he's on the same level as Willian and Pedro and he's just as important, he's going to want to paid like them as well.

1 hour ago, kc_blue said:

I don't disagree but there's a flip side as well.  If we're telling him he's on the same level as Willian and Pedro and he's just as important, he's going to want to paid like them as well.

the market in football is very competitive and players usually do "deserve" their wages. Maybe the word is valuation instead, but I digress. The moment bayern became interested, CHO's valuation clearly increased, which forces our hand into at the very least matching what he would've gotten there.

Aren't Willian and Pedro are on higher wages than 70K?

CHO better turn out to be at least a Douglas Costa. Anything else than that and we will have to call him a flop - one of those many prospects that never were.

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

It's the DailyMail quoting The Sun, in other words fake news.

3 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Statsbomb article on the situation:

https://statsbomb.com/2019/01/callum-hudson-odoi-and-the-challenges-of-developing-possible-stars/

Not your usual xG Statsbomb article.

Thanks for sharing that article.  It was very informative.

On 1/18/2019 at 9:02 AM, kc_blue said:

I get this feeling but let's be honest, CHO needs to man up and realize he's not going to just be handed a starting spot.  He's going to have to compete and show he's the best option.  And that's how it'll be wherever he goes.  And that's how it'll be for as long as he plays.  He just turned 18 and he's getting time in the first team.  I don't think he should be expecting a lot more then he's had so far.  Personally I would have played him more but I understand not wanting to rush him.  Everyone just needs a little more patience.

The issue is struggling players like Willian is playing ahead of him games in and games out. That is why he is every right to be upset and demand more playing time, knowing you are superior to the player ahead of you and deserve more playing time only leads to contempt and discouragement at the club. 

26 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

The issue is struggling players like Willian is playing ahead of him games in and games out. That is why he is every right to be upset and demand more playing time, knowing you are superior to the player ahead of you and deserve more playing time only leads to contempt and discouragement at the club. 

I agree with you.  But I also go back to the more patience thing.  He will get ahead of Willian at some point.  Should he be ahead of him already?  From my post at my computer I would say yes but Sarri has a lot of issues to factor in, highest profile job, board with a reputation for little patience, veteran players who from the outside appear to have turned on their previous manager, and he needs to get the blend just right.  I can understand why people are frustrated with him not changing things faster but I also definitely understand why he's been pretty cautious with it.  

I honestly think a lot of the playing time issue has been over magnifies and blown out of proportion.  I think CHO probably wants playing time and to be integrated and made to feel he has a path into the first team which is what's been happening but I also feel he's looking for a nice pay packet on this new contract.  I doubt he's calling to be a starter right now.  

Once again bench. Sarri will not change his mind. He always sticks to the same lineup.
he is going to the Bayern.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6611295/Callum-Hudson-Odoi-TURN-Chelseas-offer-85-000-week-wait-Bayern-Munich-move.html

6 minutes ago, Robchels said:

He’s not patient enough and I am disappointed he’s is allegedly forcing his exit.

you asked. ;)

I would rather he is impatient than watching the piss poor willian serving the entire team every week..