Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

20 hours ago, Clockwork said:

It is absolutely Sarri fault, after the great pre season he had he placed Victor freaking Moses ahead of him. He showed no interest in playing him until Bayern came heavy for him. It was always the case with CHO that him signing a contract extension would depend on his playing time and faith of the manager. He didn't get much of that, and comes Bayern who are showing a lot of faith in his ability. 

Pre season don't mean much. How many players in the past done great in pre season to never feature. 

Sarri has done great in giving the time to Cho for his age. 

The problem is the board not the manager. You don't let contracts run down like this. 

50 minutes ago, Vesper said:

You have to take into account inflation or it is not a legit comparison at all. And your basic figures are wrong, irregardless of inflation.

The basic figures are at the best of my knowledge and from the sources I could find. I understand what you mean about inflation, but when people talk about some transfer record being broken, they just use the total amount without inflation.

Furthermore, CHO will turn 19 two and half months into next season, if you get him in the summer, so it's not worth splitting up teens. To start to toss around 2 and a half months as some sort of significant paradigm-shifting cleavage is to engage in pettifogging.

Bayern are bidding to take the played in January. If they fail, and come back to get him in summer instead, I bet you that the bid will be lower than the one they're making for January.

Your statement is simply wrong, as I just showed. It wasn't the 4th highest offer ever, you have to apply valid comparative metrics, and if you refuse, you then are choosing to enter the realm of sophistry, at which point I suggest no one take you for someone with honourable intentions.

As I said, when you talk about records, the tendency is to ignore inflation.

Finally, a nasty cheap shot from me, but a deserved one IMHO.

IF Eden leaves, and we buy no remotely adequate replacement (I doubt we will) and CHO STILL refuses to renew, even though he very well could be a semi-full time starter, then I hope we shut him down, mothball him, ban him from training until he leaves on a free, and I hope your club suffers all sorts of calamitous misfortune, and misery henceforth, really bad shit, up to and including ruinous injuries. I always was neutral about Bayern, and have called them, up intil this year, the best run club on the planet, along with Juventus. If this shit goes down in a bad way, I will hate 'em for life. I am haĺf Swedish, half-Bajan, two of the most grudge-for-life cultures. Add in being a born and raised London girl, and nope, will never give up the hate and ill wishes.

Book it.

Wow, showing your true colours are you? You are wishing incredibly bad things to several people and entities just because your board would have sold Hazard without getting an adequate replacement. Like that would be Bayern's or CHO's fault. Really, shame on you, your post is filthy and disgusting, and I won't discuss further things with you. These are the kind of posts that would get you banned on my forum, and we are a veeeery lenient forum. I really hope they're not tolerated here either.

10 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Is this a trick statement, or a serious one?

A serious one. It's a thin line between success and failure at such a precarious age. Look at Renato Sanches, he was playing regularly and performing well as an 18 year old for Benfica, and impressing in the Champions League and EURO 2016, but some matches on the bench for Bayern later and he flopped at Swansea. The 2016 Golden Boy Award winner. At Swansea.

Just now, MUTU said:

A serious one. It's a thin line between success and failure at such a precarious age. Look at Renato Sanches, he was playing regularly and performing well as an 18 year old for Benfica, but some matches on the bench for Bayern later and he flopped at Swansea. The 2016 Golden Boy Award winner. At Swansea.

So, the reason that Sanches didn't turn out the way everyone thought he would is because he wasn't playing enough for Bayern, not because he just wasn't good enough?  Right, like a whole host of "next big things", they always work out unless they were playing regularly (as in starting all the time)?  The list of players that disproves this is too long to post.  Some players don't hit their supposed heights, it happens.  That's why it's called potential and it's not fixed.

Okay.  I was going to just leave you alone, but when you condescend to UJ and take shots at Vesper, that's too far.  

On one hand you say:

If a player isn't playing regularly at 18, it could be the difference between being world class and a flop.  So, that's why CHO should move to Bayern. 

BUT, he gets loaned back to Chelsea where he wants to leave because he's not playing enough.  

Those don't add up.

I'm not surprised though because you also say that Bayern don't talk players in to running down their contracts so they can leave on the cheap from whatever club.  

BUT, at 40M or so, CHO would be one of your most expensive signings ever.

Can't you see how that's related?

I'm sure there's a whole host other things that I've skipped over from you, where you've directly contradicted yourself and other members that you've insulted and I'm sorry for those members that I haven't included examples of your trolling.  

Wow, showing your true colours are you?  Really, shame on you, I won't discuss further things with you. 

Look, I'm done here.

I was fine taking all the shit that's been thrown at me during my stay here, just because I support a different club than yours, because I could handle it. But being accused of the one being condescending and taking shots at Vesper, really? In my country, you say the things she said in public (including on a forum) gets you arrested and taken to court. And yes, I live in the EU. And no, I'm not kidding. But I'm the one taking the shots and being condescending. Right. Perhaps @Sideshow Luiz should rename himself to DoubleStandards Luiz.

For fucks sake how many times I have had to speak to people in here?

I'm telling you all now, if this continues past this page, and this goes for anyone who acts like a playground child, I will lock the thread and ban the culprits, end of.

It's your choice now.

4 minutes ago, MUTU said:

Look, I'm done here.

I was fine taking all the shit that's been thrown at me during my stay here, just because I support a different club than yours, because I could handle it. But being accused of the one being condescending and taking shots at Vesper, really? In my country, you say the things she said in public (including on a forum) gets you arrested and taken to court. And yes, I live in the EU. And no, I'm not kidding. But I'm the one taking the shots and being condescending. Right. Perhaps @Sideshow Luiz should rename himself to DoubleStandards Luiz.

Thank you for your stay in this forum :)
Having a different opinion opens up a conversation about things. And that is what a forum is for, to converse and share their opinion about the matters at hand. Sorry you feel like you were treated unfairly.

3 minutes ago, MUTU said:

Look, I'm done here.

Catch you later,

I'm sorry but coming to a Chelsea forum claiming we have to sell you our player or X will happen, your asking for it and you know it really. 

Your here to wind people up, no doubt you posted some good points but just as many that were asking for some of the stick you got, you have to realise we are a big club just like you and because you bid for our player and declared public interest does not give you any power unless we agree to something, the cards our all in our hand at the moment so unless something concrete happens it's probably best you take a back seat. 

Thank you for your input. 

23 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

Catch you later,

I'm sorry but coming to a Chelsea forum claiming we have to sell you our player or X will happen, your asking for it and you know it really. 

Your here to wind people up, no doubt you posted some good points but just as many that were asking for some of the stick you got, you have to realise we are a big club just like you and because you bid for our player and declared public interest does not give you any power unless we agree to something, the cards our all in our hand at the moment so unless something concrete happens it's probably best you take a back seat. 

Thank you for your input. 

If we can't accept another supporter coming on here, giving good debating points then there is something wrong. I'm not saying he was perfect and he was told about that, but we also need to look closer to home at some of the stick he was given by members here who weren't whiter than white.

Half the problem here is that peoples heckles are up because of CHO potentially being sold, but you cannot allow anger or annoyance that is not in your control to instigate out of control debate on a forum. Some of it was personal, that cannot be tolerated at all, certainly not on here on my watch.

On a forum where members are constantly asking why there isn't many people on here, this is a fine example. He won't be returning because he's had enough of been attacked, which is fucking sad really.

Now lets get back to CHO, the transfer, the yes or no on will he leave and start again. I'm not tolerating anymore rubbish.

SJ

Thought Mutu was pretty respectful. Made some decent enough points. Probably could’ve tread a bit more carefully on another club’s forum considering the circumstances so I understand why people were getting agitated.

Anyway...

9 hours ago, MUTU said:

Look, I'm done here.

I apologise about the injuries part, that was over the top, and not appropriate for here. Totally disagree it is illegal. I never made any statement of action from my part, made ZERO threats. Just a bitter comment I am now sincerely apologising for, but the authorities would laugh at trying to take legal action on that. This isn't Orwell's 1984, and I have heard and seen massively worse from punters at games themselves.

To round it off:

I apologise MUTU.

The stats part I am, however, correct in. Mbappe cost PSG wayyyyy over the figure you stated, £50m more, and inflation does matter. If the worlds most expensive car in 2001 was £1m, a car that in 2019 costs £1.2m is not a record breaker, as today that £1m 2001 car would cost £1.7m.

Chelsea go all in to keep Callum Hudson-Odoi: Club to offer teenager £70,000-a-week deal to tempt him to stay at Stamford Bridge

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6604295/Chelsea-Callum-Hudson-Odoi-70-000-week-deal.html

Chelsea are prepared to make Callum Hudson-Odoi one of world football’s best-paid teenagers to keep him at the club.

Bayern Munich have made their intention to sign the 18-year-old this month abundantly clear, the Germans’ latest offer worth in the region of £35million — an incredible fee considering Hudson-Odoi has not started a single Premier Leaguegame yet.

The teenager is understood to be keen on a switch to the Bundesliga because he feels Bayern are more likely to give him regular first-team opportunities.

snip

Money ain't the most important thing. He needs playing time.
Everything is useless if he sits on the bench in the next game. 
He won't change his mind if he doesn't get a chance right away.
Willian's goal was probably the worse thing for me. I don't expect him to play until next Sunday & this is precisely why he's keeping his options open.