Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi


The Skipper
 Share
Followers 11

Recommended Posts

Benfica want to sign Chelsea youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi after his stand out season for the Blues at reserve level.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-wonderkid-callum-hudson-odoi-14621610

according to this source Benfica wants to buy him not loan him out 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marcos Alonso to Hudson-Odoi: “Bayern Munich? We are Chelsea, another great team, the Premier League is the most competitive league in the world, I don’t know why someone would go to Bayern Munich” Ha

Callum Hudson-Odoi has more assists in 59 minutes than Willian has since October.

At last a manager speaking clearly, straight and not dodging questions.  

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, the wes said:

Benfica want to sign Chelsea youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi after his stand out season for the Blues at reserve level.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-wonderkid-callum-hudson-odoi-14621610

according to this source Benfica wants to buy him not loan him out 

A link like that can turn a kids head.

We will have to be careful how we manage his next step.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea teenager Callum Hudson-Odoi is attracting attention from Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus following a string of impressive performances in the club’s youth team, according to Goal.

 

http://metro.co.uk/2018/05/06/barcelona-real-madrid-juventus-monitoring-chelseas-top-teenage-prospect-7525051/?ito=cbshare

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2018 at 0:45 AM, Dazzy_Vance said:

The overhyping of this kid is unbelievable. We saw it with Bamford, Musonda, Loftus-Cheek, Baker, Abraham, etc. yet none have made it here as of yet. Wouldn’t surprise me if Hudson-Odoi doesn’t either.

Bamford I wrote off the first time I saw him play for one of our development sides.

When people moaned about Charly being dropped for some 'big' academy games, I posted in support of those decisions. When he was being praised to the hilt for his performances in Spain I was posting to say that in fact, barring one outstanding display, he was not playing well and would be dropped unless he improved.

Five years ago I posted (elsewhere) to say that Ruben was a terrific prospect but that he needed a kick up the backside so that he'd learn to get more involved in games and make an impact. He's always shown flashes of brilliance which excites us all but then he strolls around or makes blind runs so that his effective contribution is close to zero. I watched one England age group game where he touched the ball only three times in a twenty minute spell.  Maybe he has cured that now. We'll see.

Baker I never believed in and said so.

Abraham I said I like the way he makes the most of his attributes but that I didn't see him as a player who is good enough for the team we want Chelsea to be.

You may read this as me trying to boast about getting things right but in fact I'm trying to suggest that I'm not susceptible to hype. About Callum I confidently say he is a terrific player who will make it somewhere. Possibly here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Bamford I wrote off the first time I saw him play for one of our development sides.

When people moaned about Charly being dropped for some 'big' academy games, I posted in support of those decisions. When he was being praised to the hilt for his performances in Spain I was posting to say that in fact, barring one outstanding display, he was not playing well and would be dropped unless he improved.

Five years ago I posted (elsewhere) to say that Ruben was a terrific prospect but that he needed a kick up the backside so that he'd learn to get more involved in games and make an impact. Maybe he has learned that now. We'll see.

Baker I never believed in and said so.

Abraham I said I like the way he makes the most of his attributes but that I didn't see him as a player who is good enough for the team we want Chelsea to be.

You may read this as me trying to boast about getting things right but in fact I'm trying to suggest that I'm not susceptible to hype. About Callum I confidently say he is a terrific player who will make it somewhere. Possibly here.

What do you think about Mount?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

With Lampard becoming manager at Derby and Jody Morris joining him as assistant manager, this may be a perfect loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi. Pretty sure Derby will line up 4-3-3 and with Morris managing Hudson-Odoi through his development stages and knowing how good he is, you would think this is a move that should happen and would be a brilliant loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi too. Maybe Mason Mount too. Lampard's and Morris appointment at Derby should hopefully see some of our exciting talents getting a loan opportunity there.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stats said:

With Lampard becoming manager at Derby and Jody Morris joining him as assistant manager, this may be a perfect loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi. Pretty sure Derby will line up 4-3-3 and with Morris managing Hudson-Odoi through his development stages and knowing how good he is, you would think this is a move that should happen and would be a brilliant loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi too. Maybe Mason Mount too. Lampard's and Morris appointment at Derby should hopefully see some of our exciting talents getting a loan opportunity there.

Would much rather see SOME of them get that opportunity here tho.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stats said:

With Lampard becoming manager at Derby and Jody Morris joining him as assistant manager, this may be a perfect loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi. Pretty sure Derby will line up 4-3-3 and with Morris managing Hudson-Odoi through his development stages and knowing how good he is, you would think this is a move that should happen and would be a brilliant loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi too. Maybe Mason Mount too. Lampard's and Morris appointment at Derby should hopefully see some of our exciting talents getting a loan opportunity there.

give Derby Charly Musonda Aswell 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Stats said:

With Lampard becoming manager at Derby and Jody Morris joining him as assistant manager, this may be a perfect loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi. Pretty sure Derby will line up 4-3-3 and with Morris managing Hudson-Odoi through his development stages and knowing how good he is, you would think this is a move that should happen and would be a brilliant loan opportunity for Hudson-Odoi too. Maybe Mason Mount too. Lampard's and Morris appointment at Derby should hopefully see some of our exciting talents getting a loan opportunity there.

If it was Jody Morris in charge I'd say there would be pretty good chance of that happening but Lampard will have his own ideas, want to stamp his authority on the squad. Don't think Frank will be as interested about tapping into the Chelsea reserves as much as Jody Morris would have been who worked hand in hand with these players for a good period of time. Can only hope but don't count on it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, OneMoSalah said:

If it was Jody Morris in charge I'd say there would be pretty good chance of that happening but Lampard will have his own ideas, want to stamp his authority on the squad. Don't think Frank will be as interested about tapping into the Chelsea reserves as much as Jody Morris would have been who worked hand in hand with these players for a good period of time. Can only hope but don't count on it. 

He will wants to have his own ideas however I am sure him choosing Morris as an assistant will mean he will take a lot of ideas from Morris. Especially as he has had so much success with the youth players. A lot fans would want to see Hudson-Odoi with the first team and so would I but if he goes to a Championship team that can develop him well, would not be a bad loan. Mount looks very probably as although he has a brilliant season with Vitesse, I still think he will go out on loan due to the amount of CM we have.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankie taking Morris has just put us deeper in the shit than we already was. Just another main piece of the puzzle we need to find.

7 weeks to go and not 1 piece of good news. Just bad on top of bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardly, as good as Morris did managing us at youth level is the equivalent of managing Celtic. The U16 boss will step up and everything will be tickety-boo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Fully expecting Callum to play a role this season. Especially after Sarri saying he wants to improve the players on the feild and doesn't care too much about transfers. He is ready.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018. 07. 18. at 9:27 PM, DDA said:

Fully expecting Callum to play a role this season. Especially after Sarri saying he wants to improve the players on the feild and doesn't care too much about transfers. He is ready.

It’s nice that we’ll play 6 Europa League matches and 2-3 Carabao Cup games against weaker sides this spring, I hope some youngsters will get some playing time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea have offered Callum Hudson-Odoi a lucrative five-year contract and promotion to Maurizio Sarri's first team next season,  Goal understands.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/chelsea-offer-hudson-odoi-new-contract-and-spot-in-sarris/1d1a5kpfh3yte1y2f6vsyi12zx

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El P. said:

That run when he shook off his marker, damn it boy. Fell in love a bit.

Hands off, he is mine! 💙

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El P. said:

That run when he shook off his marker, damn it boy. Fell in love a bit.

He's a stud. Strong, great dribbling ability, eye for goal, blistering pace, got decent vision too. One other thing he has as well which is in some ways important to be a top player, is he can be selfish when he gets a taste of goal. Most elite attackers are greedy too. That is something Hazard should be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...