Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

It will be interesting to see how this situation develops over the next 2 weeks, especially after Sarri got so much stick for almost forcing CHO out...
At this point, Sarri seems to be a CHO lover compared to Lampard.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

At this point, Sarri seems to be a CHO lover compared to Lampard.

Oh, it would be so interesting to see the contrasting reactions if we have Sarri in Lampard's place right now...

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oh, it would be so interesting to see the contrasting reactions if we have Sarri in Lampard's place right now...

Sarri was actually great with youth. RLC was amazing, CHO great and he knew when to play him, even Ampadu got fair amount of chances. If he stayed I could see him using James and Tomori but not Mount and Abraham.

Mount will be our no. BU as a winger anyway. CHO needs to leave, if he wants to have a good career. At Chelsea, he will not get a fair treatment

You definitely have a contract stating you have to mention mount in any comment regardless of the thread. [emoji23]

If everyone was fit and he wasn't in the short term plans I'd love to see him get a prem loan and get a lot of minutes to see what he can do with a long spell in the team. From what we have seen of him over the last few years he has struggled to make an impact with 20/30 mins here and there and the odd cup game. And with the signings I don't think we will have the time to give him that.

Bit like Ruben. He needs a lot of minutes to see where he is at and if he can get back to where he is and he probably isn't gonna get it.

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Tbh i don't get the English obsession with making teenagers starters or you're "ruining" them, we hear the same nonsense with Pep re Foden. Main case in points is Barca, with the odd exceptions like Messi and Fati they don't tend to look at bedding in their La Masia products until they're in their 20's and it works.

Ofcourse not saying it's a bad thing to blood players as teenagers but the idea they're being treated like shit if their integration is staggered over a period of 3-4 years is hilarious. 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Tbh i don't get the English obsession with making teenagers starters or you're "ruining" them, we hear the same nonsense with Pep re Foden. Main case in points is Barca, with the odd exceptions like Messi and Fati they don't tend to look at bedding in their La Masia products until they're in their 20's and, it works.

Ofcourse not saying it's a bad thing to blood players as teenagers but the idea they're being treated like shit if their integration is staggered over a period of 3-4 years is hilarious. 

From the fans' perspective, think the annoyance is coming from the fact that we have played a player out of position instead of using the one and only wide player we have now in CHO. If he cannot even get opportunities now to show his worth with Pulisic and Ziyech out, how many will he get when both are back? On top of that, you have noises coming out of CHO's camp that he may leave while Lampard is seemingly leaving the door open for him to do so. 

Just now, Jason said:

From the fans' perspective, think the annoyance is coming from the fact that we have played a player out of position instead of using the one and only wide player we have now in CHO. If he cannot even get opportunities now to show his worth with Pulisic and Ziyech out, how many will he get when both are back? On top of that, you have noises coming out of CHO's camp that he may leave while Lampard is seemingly leaving the door open for him to do so. 

Tbh i more had the Sarri example in my head while typing that. When he hinted at a 2-3 year slow integration of CHO people flew of the handle and acted like he was Satan :lol:

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Tbh i more had the Sarri example in my head while typing that. When he hinted at a 2-3 year slow integration of CHO people flew of the handle and acted like he was Satan :lol:

That is why the reaction would be interesting to see if CHO does end up leaving under Lampard's watch. 

Have seen lots of Chelsea fans elsewhere comparing this situation to Pulisic's last season. Do not know if they are just trying to convince themselves or what but there were some differences between the two.

Wish this guy would just stop and put the hard yards in. If he is good enough, works hard he will play regardless of who is in the squad. Linked with leaving now for what the third time in two or three seasons as he is said to be “considering his future”, even more ridiculous after the shit show prior getting 120k a week on a 5 year deal when Lampard came in after making maybe 20 first team appearances. Spoilt brat if you ask me. Yes we’ve signed some top players but that is how top clubs progress and how top players improve, with competition. If he wants to go let him go, I dont see him ever eclipsing Pulisic or Havertz at all. He would only get better here I think playing with the various types of attacking players we have also. 

Plus Bayern links? He doesnt start ahead of Muller, Coman, Gnabry or Sane in any of those attacking positions. So a waste.

Also the KDB comparison? Their situations are different because De Bruyne had 100 games in Belgium, a season in Germany, played for his NT regularly before we sold him. He was further along in his development and needed regular games to push from a talented player at an established level who was also pretty experienced for his age to progress to the player he was for Wolfsburg for 18 months before he left. I dont think Callums got that level of experience or consistency yet where hes waiting to bridge that gap and go from a talented player at an established to a top top player like Kevin did in 18 months (although he is a surprising example). In fact none of our academy players are at that level where they are a season or 18 months off turning into that sort of top top level players unfortunately but they have time still and it doesn’t necessarily take 1, 2 or 3 seasons.

Best place for him and us if we get rid is without a doubt Dortmund, Sancho is leaving next season 100%, maybe we should attempt to swap deal + money but not sure Lampard and the board would spend more money on attack. I have this theory Havertz will be used a second striker in case Werner is out next season and we sell Tammy. That way we could get Sancho for CHO + Tammy money whereas improving massively in attack even more with another versatile player.

We would have Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech and Sancho fighting for 4 spots which is perfect especially with Pulisic's injury record.

The likeliness is next summer we will buy a CB which can be funded by selling some fringe players and one of our centre backs. A DM which will be entirely covered by Kante and Jorginho, with Gallagher coming in as well, so Sancho is more than realistically if you think about it, might even hit net spend zero even if he costs 120-140 millions considering how many we need to sell and get some money off.

6 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Prime Britney,  the good old days 

this prime Britney, not when she was in her 30's like that song (its a good song though)

Label:
Jive ‎– 9252752, Jive ‎– (7)9252752733
Format:
CD, Single
Europe
Released:
Genre:
Hip Hop, Pop
Style:
RnB/Swing

https://www.thecut.com/2019/03/i-think-about-britney-spearss-2001-vma-performance-a-lot.html

I Think About This a Lot: Britney Spears’s 2001 VMA Performance

Britney Spears and Banana the snake performing at the 2001 Video Music Awards.

V.M.A.S

The Snake from Britney Spears’s 2001 V.M.A.s Performance Is Alive, Well, and Much Bigger Now

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/08/britney-spears-2001-vmas-snake-alive

download (for free) a shedload of remixes here

https://www.britneyremixed.com/home/im-a-slave-4-u-the-remixes

Has Hudson-Odoi’s career reached another crossroads?

https://theathletic.com/2081646/2020/09/22/callum-hudson-odoi-chelsea-lampard-future/

Callum-Hudson-Odoi-Chelsea-1024x656.jpg

Chelsea’s season is only two games old and the statistics make grim reading for Callum Hudson-Odoi already.

The England international has played just 10 minutes for the first team — as a late substitute at Brighton & Hove Albion — and speculation over his future at Stamford Bridge is mounting once again. Only last week, Bayern Munich, the club who tried to lure him away from Chelsea last year, were linked with a loan move.

Normally, any concerns over a lack of game time at this stage would be dismissed as being premature, yet not in Hudson-Odoi’s case. He has been on the fringes of the first team for three months now and it’s only natural for a player to worry.

At the beginning of the year, he started six matches in a row. It must feel like a distant memory now. A hamstring strain brought that run to an end and he has been in the first XI just once since the draw with Leicester City in February.

Another minor injury sustained before the 2019-20 season resumed in June didn’t help his cause. But out of the 1,350 minutes Chelsea have played after the restart, Hudson-Odoi has been on the pitch for just 203 of them — 90 of which came in the Champions League dead rubber against Bayern Munich last month (Chelsea went into the second leg of the last-16 tie with a three-goal deficit).

There might not be many people of a Chelsea persuasion looking forward to the Carabao Cup game at home to Championship side Barnsley on Wednesday night but you can be sure Hudson-Odoi is. It might give him a proper chance to impress from the outset, rather than just a brief cameo.

Even then, it might come too late. Sources have told The Athletic that his representatives are considering setting up a meeting with the club within the next week to discuss the winger’s situation and how much of a role he has.

Another has claimed that Chelsea are already in the process of arranging a loan elsewhere and things could be finalised by the weekend, although this has been denied by people close to Hudson-Odoi.

You can understand why his camp would want talks with the club. If Hudson-Odoi isn’t playing regularly while Hakim Ziyech and Christian Pulisic are injured, what chance will he get when the duo are fully fit? Hudson-Odoi’s hopes of representing England at the European Championships next summer are going to be affected by a lack of game time, too.

It’s not as if Chelsea have impressed in their first two outings, either. The 3-1 victory at Brighton was a good result but not a good performance. There were signs of encouragement during the 2-0 loss to Liverpool but once Andreas Christensen was sent off — a moment which didn’t help Hudson-Odoi’s chances of coming off the bench — the game swung against them.

The 19-year-old is desperate to prove himself in a Chelsea shirt. He is aware of the criticism from supporters since he signed a five-year deal 12 months ago — The Athletic wrote in December how he’d been speaking with team-mates about the abuse he was getting on social media.

During the brief break between the two seasons, he undertook private training sessions to get in even better shape. It looked to have paid off too, given the way he performed in Chelsea’s pre-season friendly against Brighton, plus the England Under-21s’ victories over Kosovo and Austria earlier this month.

It is fair to say his potential has yet to be fully realised. A serious achilles injury sustained in April 2019 didn’t help. But it is worth pointing out that the teenager already has a credible eight goals and 11 assists from 62 appearances. That means he is either finding the net or creating a strike for a team-mate at a rate of almost once every three matches.

That would explain why several clubs are currently monitoring Hudson-Odoi’s situation. Indeed, The Athletic has been told that a major club — not necessarily Bayern Munich — will make a big push to sign Hudson-Odoi this week.

So what does coach Frank Lampard do now and why is he using the youngster so sparingly? He was asked about it before the Liverpool game due to the reports emanating from Germany about Bayern’s renewed interest.

He said: “I’d be surprised if any player is not disappointed when they don’t play games. With Callum, he has to focus on the work he puts in on the training ground day in, day out. I’ve said it quite a few times. I have to think about how players trained, how they play within the team, how we work on the ball and how we work off the ball.

“I have no favourites. I don’t lean on people because I like them — I lean on people because I want them to be successful, which will hopefully make everybody here happy.

“Callum is a young developing player and a lot of talk has come his way because of the way his career has gone at a young age. The facts remain the same for all young players: they have to work every day to put themselves in the frame to start.”

It is understood that Lampard has pulled Hudson-Odoi aside for a talking-to — positive or otherwise — at the club’s training ground on a few occasions over the last 12 months to trigger an improvement.

Given his notoriously hard work rate during his playing days, that is going to be a characteristic Lampard will expect from every member of the squad now he is in charge.

Hudson-Odoi didn’t help his cause in May when he made front-page news following a rape accusation. The allegations were soon dropped but a meeting of some sort took place with an individual late at night when strict lockdown rules were in place.

Mason Mount also failed to follow the guidelines two months earlier and it didn’t affect his appearance record. However, Mount’s “crime” was having a kickabout with West Ham United’s Declan Rice. Hudson-Odoi and Mount were guilty of the same offence, but one might suggest Hudson-Odoi’s faux pas was more irresponsible.

By all accounts, Hudson-Odoi has been showing a lot of effort in training sessions. Perhaps it’s simply a case of winning Lampard’s trust back, on and off the pitch.

But it had better happen soon — or the possibility of Hudson-Odoi going elsewhere for the campaign might just become a reality.