Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

I think Frank wants players who are gonna work super hard and give it all and CHO hasn't seemed to do that recently and he wants players that's gonna press hard and track back.

But he's still super young for someone who's been around the squad for a while.

But I do agree I'd like to see him get some more game time especially with players are out as he has so much talent.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I said earlier he seems the type to need his ego fluffing and arm on shoulder and just saw this. But it does at least sound like summets happened Who knows eh!.

Ive got the old girls Twitter log in hahaha

I genuinely don't believe Frank here. 

This is exactly the same bullshit Jose came out with regarding KDB about how he doesn't train well. I'm pretty sure CHO actually came back early for training this season too. 

The only chance CHO has is if FL starts him now before the likes of Pulisic get back fit and Ziyech, unless he stays on the bench most of the season and TBH putting my cards on the table I don't not trust him and don't think he is good enough to be a regular starter here.

Just now, Special Juan said:

The only chance CHO has is if FL starts him now before the likes of Pulisic get back fit and Ziyech, unless he stays on the bench most of the season and TBH putting my cards on the table I don't not trust him and don't think he is good enough to be a regular starter here.

To me this smells like KDB 2.0 mate. I remember a lot on here including myself believing this sort of rhetoric with Kevin and now he's arguably the best player in the league. I think it'd be a huge mistake to let him go, he's destined to flourish somewhere else where he actually gets consistent game time. 

I honestly dont know what to think. I do think FL is stubborn but I need to see more of CHO play to make my mind up on him. Right now the kid looks as broken as RLC. But age is on his side.

He should get loaned out for a year. Everton etc would have done him good.

This is exactly the same bullshit Jose came out with regarding KDB about how he doesn't train well. I'm pretty sure CHO actually came back early for training this season too. 
What reason would he have to do it then?
I don't see how anyone can think Frank has some sort of vendetta against any players. Sure he has his favourites and CHO may not be one of them but I'm sure theres a reason for it and it's most likely down to training or style. But as I said hopefully we will see him start tommorrow.

He hasn't taken any of the chances given to him by Frank yet so when he gets one he needs to take it

10 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

But on the flip side wasn't he saying similar about Pulisic this time last year? and look at him now.

I think it's a lot different to the KDB situation. Firstly KDB was not getting game time at all, Odoi is, it may be pretty much exclusively off the bench at the minute but he's still appearing in pretty much every game, secondly a further two attacking midfielders were signed on top of Mazacar trio when we should have been giving KDB further exposure, on this occasion we've let two wingers go and only brought in one (although that maybe down to the fact we had more pressing needs in terms of strengthening).

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

But on the flip side wasn't he saying similar about Pulisic this time last year? and look at him now.

I think it's a lot different to the KDB situation. Firstly KDB was not getting game time at all, Odoi is, it may be pretty much exclusively off the bench at the minute but he's still appearing in pretty much every game, secondly a further two attacking midfielders were signed on top of Mazacar trio when we should have been giving KDB further exposure, on this occasion we've let two wingers go and only brought in one (although that maybe down to the fact we had more pressing needs in terms of strengthening).

Im still suprized why we didnt resign Boga. Thought he would been a good backup tool.

The KDB and CHO is a little bit similar in that regard that both Lampard and Mou have their favourites. Mou used to love Oscar, even though he was not a good player. Just like Lampard loves Mount so much, even though he is horrific in most areas of the game apart from shooting and pressing. CHO is million times better than Mount as a winger, but Lamps loves Mount too much, so CHO needs to leave

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Just now, Unionjack said:

Im still suprized why we didnt resign Boga. Thought he would been a good backup tool.

Being backup is why he left in the first place so I guess he did not want to return.

as for CHO those Mou kdb comparisons come easy. But let’s not forget KDB had years of experience under his belt impressing in Belgium and in Bundesliga. CHO has only impressed vs shit sides in cups and EL not So much vs quality  opposition. Also there were many observer praising kdb training effort. Independent of that Yossi Benayoun also was often referred to as the best player in training lol. 
now only bc Lampard also demands more of CHO in training the guy suddenly turns into kdb and Lamps into Mou? I don’t buy that. The base of this comparison is just paper thin. 

Lampard has reportedly been so good at selling 'the project'  to all the new signings but now he should sit down with CHO and do the same to him.

With two games a week for pretty much the rest of the year and a busy 2021 ahead there should be more than enough games for Callum too but only if Lampard starts actually playing him.

Lampard on whether CHO could leave in this transfer window...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/09/22/could-antonio-rudiger-callum-hudson-odoi-leave-chelsea-remains/

Asked directly whether either Rudiger or Hudson-Odoi could leave before the transfer window shuts, Lampard said: “I’m going to skirt around that question. It remains to be seen. 

“We’re not in a period where the transfer window or market is acting like it has done in recent years in terms of how players move or what level they move at. 

“Again, the competitive games have just started. I’m very open to those conversations with the players as the next couple of weeks go on. My priority will always be making sure I maintain and keep the strongest squad I can for this club but after that, of course, the individual conversations will happen within that. I will try and make sure I go into the season once the window shuts with the squad that I feel is competitive in a healthy way.”

Injuries to Christian Pulisic and Hakim Ziyech mean Lampard wants to see Hudson-Odoi stake his claim against Championship club Barnsley.

“We know in a Premier League squad and the number of games we’re going to play, we need competition in those areas, back-ups in those areas and players competing to make that position their own,” said Lampard.

“That’s where Callum is at and that’s why I keep saying he needs to train, he needs to show in training every day. And when he gets his opportunity in games, which he will have against Barnsley, he has to show in every minute, on and off the ball, what he can do for the team. He’s had an early breakthrough in his career because of his talent, he’s had an injury and now I want to see him flourish again.”