Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

15 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Needs to start against wolves.

Willian looks and feels like he is gassed. To be fair to him, I think he has started and played every minute since restart. It was bound to pile on

Of course not, such an important game I much rather start with willian and then get Callum as sub. 

But yes it's good to see Callum getting some match fitness back again. 

11 hours ago, DDA said:

Thought he looked alot more like his old self tonight when he came on. He is an intelligent player  if he knuckles down he could be a top player for us.

I think he's looked pretty decent every appearance he's made since SHU all things considered.

It's only the Watford one he looked shaky in.

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Of course not, such an important game I much rather start with willian and then get Callum as sub. 

But yes it's good to see Callum getting some match fitness back again. 

Agree to disagree. We need our best team out there, which neans players who have not run themselves into the ground in the last month. he can have a week off and then fa cup final.

CHO was impressive last night. He showed he still has a good level of pace, which I was worried about due to his injury, he showed good feet and he made the right decisions. I have always maintained that he was over hyped but he should be a good player if he buckles down. 

For me, next season is very important for him, he needs to at the very least get a good 20 starts and then start to push for a full time starting place by the end of the season/early 2021/22 season. The talent is there for him to be a top 4 club player (and maybe even more) but right now he needs to show the desire and consistency to show he can fulfil that potential. 

If we get Kai, thats a bye bye for CHO. He is never getting any regular playtime if there will be Kai, Ziyech, Werner and Pulisic in the squad.

Shame because he could be a super player like CHO.

Kai is great talent, but we have so many options, why dont we fix the defence first? LB, CB, GK and even DM are more important than another AM.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Trained on the squad's day off.

Doesn't give a fuck apparently!

Screenshot_20200725-063739.png

Good to see, as long as he doesn't over do it but I am sure he wont have. Shows commitment and the fact hes willing to put the extra yards in despite the talk of him wanting to go somewhere else for games. Which I think may be a bit exaggerated anyway.

11 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If we get Kai, thats a bye bye for CHO. He is never getting any regular playtime if there will be Kai, Ziyech, Werner and Pulisic in the squad.

Shame because he could be a super player like CHO.

Kai is great talent, but we have so many options, why dont we fix the defence first? LB, CB, GK and even DM are more important than another AM.

I see him as first backup for both LW and RW. And since Werner, Kai and Mount can all play wide I do not think we need another winger.

16 hours ago, Tomo said:

Not really, Kai will be playing in the middle and even with Ziyech signed he'll still be third choice winger at worst, which will lead to a lot of playing time when you consider the packed schedule and injury's. Furthermore, it's easy to forget now Puli's in the best form of his career but there were times last season CHO was outperforming him, infact this time last year he was considered the better prospect. It's also easy to forget he's still only 19, for perspective when Ziyech hits his 30's CHO will be 22 and still a good few years from his own prime. The notion his pathway is blocked couldn't be further from the truth.

Reason we're signing Havertz before defense is you don't say no when these talents become available, theoretically in 2012 we should have ignored Eden and focused on the pivot but i think we can all agree 12 months more of suffering with Rami, Obi and aged Lamps was worth it, we're not winning the league next season so if getting Kai in means we have to wait a year to really plough into the defense then so be it, furthermore if we can get an upgrade on Kepa (even just a quick fix who merely masters the basics) i think we'll be surprised at just how much better/less chaotic things look, even this season we've had many games where we've conceded next to no chances.

He will be in rotation maybe but it will be hard for him to be starter. 

IMO Ziyech and Kai will be prefered on wings in some games even if they are not naturaly a wingers. 

That leaves CHO getting some playtime but not enough. For him to improve, he needs to play regular footie. As for the age thing, now is the time to play plenty. It makes zero sense to say well in 3 years Ziyech will be 30 and CHO will have his chances. By the age 22, he might just not be that promising if he doesnt play regular football at top level. Just look at Musonda.

And in bottom line, it just makes no sense to bring another attacker where we are stacked, while having absolute dogshite defence. 

4 hours ago, DDA said:

I'm standing by Callum 100%. I think he will still come good. Next season is a big season for him. 

Agree. I think he was way over hyped but it needs to be remembered he is only 19 and he has just come off a really bad injury. 

I reckon next season we will see a lot more of him and he will prove himself to be a good squad player at the very least. 

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

And in bottom line, it just makes no sense to bring another attacker where we are stacked, while having absolute dogshite defence. 

If we were going for a title at all costs next season then maybe not but we're looking to build a dynasty. An elite midfielder for (hopefully) the next decade over signing an average CB (there's bugger all on the market atm, the only one that would drastically improve us who may be available is Giminez and he has injury issues, i think the issues are a lot with Kepa, if we don't replace him the issues like conceding from any clean shot will still be there) is a no brainer in my opinion.

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

hat leaves CHO getting some playtime but not enough. For him to improve, he needs to play regular footie. As for the age thing, now is the time to play plenty. It makes zero sense to say well in 3 years Ziyech will be 30 and CHO will have his chances. By the age 22, he might just not be that promising if he doesnt play regular football at top level. Just look at Musonda.

You're really underestimating just how much gametime 3rd choice wingers actually get. They're usually the first port of call to impact a game from the bench (especially player's with the explosive pace Cal has) and they still start their fair share due to wings being a demanding position.

For example Willian was behind Hazard and Pedro in Conte's title winning season yet he still appeared in all but 6 of our games that season (and most if not all of them he didn't feature were due to him being on compassionate leave), this isn't a Musonda situation, there's plenty of minutes there for him.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

You're really underestimating just how much gametime 3rd choice wingers actually get. They're usually the first port of call to impact a game from the bench (especially player's with the explosive pace Cal has) and they still start their fair share due to wings being a demanding position.

For example Willian was behind Hazard and Pedro in Conte's title winning season yet he still appeared in all but 6 of our games that season (and most if not all of them he didn't feature were due to him being on compassionate leave), this isn't a Musonda situation, there's plenty of minutes there for him.

Yep. Overall this season the wingers have played roughly this much across all comps:

Pulisic 2200 mins

Pedro 1200 mins

Willian 3400 mins

CHO 1400 mins

Total amount: 8200 mins. 

So that's around 4600 minutes gone with Willian/Pedro and Ziyech alone can't claim all of that. Pulisic game time should increase next season with him being on fire at the moment so let's say he gets 3000 minutes, assuming he stays fit that is. Ziyech should also be looking at 2500-3000 minutes, depending on how he settles in.

With CHO the next in line to take the winger spots he should still be getting like 2000-2500 minutes next season. Let's not forget he'd already have hit +2000 if he wasn't injured so much.

On 26/07/2020 at 6:22 AM, Tomo said:

An elite midfielder for (hopefully) the next decade over signing an average CB (there's bugger all on the market atm, the only one that would drastically improve us who may be available is Giminez and he has injury issues

disagree

Klostermann and Milenkovic would be massive

here is what is out there from my viewpoint

world class

Raphaël Varane  (do not say never until we dangle Kante + something)
José Giménez (he is recovered physically now, see below at bottom)
Matthijs de Ligt  (we do not know until we dangle Kante + Emerson)
Marquinhos (would have to involve Kante)
Milan Skriniar (he is only 25 still, and is better in a back 2, not a 3 like Conte plays)
Kalidou Koulibaly    (too old now unless we got a superb deal, which isnt going to happen)
Alessio Romagnoli  (probably impossible as I doubt he leaves Italy) left-footed (3rd best left-footed CB on the planet after Laporte and Lucas Hernandez)

just slightly below and the first two have huge upsides (I would do a dance if we got them both)

Lukas Klostermann (has been super all year since he went to CB from RB for Leipzig, 1.89m motor from hell, pretty pacy, just turned 24yo)
Nikola Milenkovic (1.95m 22yo Serbian beast, already a 3 and half year starter)

Diego Carlos   
Stefan de Vrij   

solid veterans and/ or EPL proven

Nico Elvedi
Caglar Söyüncü (almost impossible pull though atm)    
Matthias Ginter 
Lewis Dunk   
Stefan Savic (29yo though, 30 in January)  
Malang Sarr  (is a free agent, only 21yo but has a 4 year starter for Nice already)   left-footed

young with great upsides

Ibrahima Konaté   (just turned 21, huge, 1.95m, just depends on how he recovers from a long term hip flexor injury, insane upside if he recovers oki, which he should, vastly more potential than his teammate Upmecano IMHO)
Edmond Tapsoba   
Mohammed Salisu  left-footed (SOTON just bought him though I think)
Evan N'Dicka    left-footed
Pau Torres        left-footed
Ozan Kabak  
Merih Demiral   
Marash Kumbulla 
Dan-Axel Zagadou   left-footed
Jules Koundé 
Boubacar Kamara    
Duje Caleta-Car  
Gabriel Magalhães     left-footed   
Luiz Felipe   

true youth

Strahinja Pavlovic (19yo beast, 1.94m, left footed, my father loves him at Monanco)  
Benoît Badiashile (another 19yo left footer at Monaco, 1.92m)
Ronald Araújo (21yo, 1.91m, Uruguyan on Barca B most of the season, now promoted)
Zinho Vanheusden (20yo Beligian, Inter may buy him back for €20m from Standard Liège)  
Wesley Fofana (19yo 1.91m on Saint-Étienne, was partnered with Saliba of Arsenal)

José Giménez

3a4fbbfd9ada055c18e0aab19ac4b1e2.png

disagree
Klostermann and Milenkovic would be massive
world class
Raphaël Varane  (do not say never until we dangle Kante + something)
José Giménez (he is recovered physically now, see below at bottom)
Matthijs de Ligt  (we do not know until we dangle Kante + Emerson)
Marquinhos (would have to involve Kante)
Milan Skriniar (he is only 25 still, and is better ina back 2, not a 3 like Conte plays)
Kalidou Koulibaly    (too old now unless we got a superb deal, which isnt going to happen)
Alessio Romagnoli  (probably impossible as I doubt he leaves Italy) left-footed (3rd best left-footed CB on the planet after Laporte and Lucas Hernandez)

just slightly below and the first two have huge upsides (I would do a dance if we got them both)
Lukas Klostermann (has been super all year since he went to CB from RB for Leipzig, 1.89m motor from hell, pretty pacy, just turned 24yo)
Nikola Milenkovic (1.95m 22yo Serbian beast, already a 3 and half year starter)

Diego Carlos   
Stefan de Vrij   
solid veterans and/ or EPL proven
Nico Elvedi
Caglar Söyüncü (almost impossible pull though atm)    
Matthias Ginter 
Lewis Dunk   
Stefan Savic (29yo though, 30 in January)  
Malang Sarr  (is a free agent, only 21yo but has a 4 year starter for Nice already)   left-footed

young with great upsides
Ibrahima Konaté   (just turned 21, huge, 1.95m, just depends on how he recovers from a long term hip flexor injury, insane upside if he recovers oki, which he should, vastly more potential than his teammate Upmecano IMHO)
Edmond Tapsoba   
Mohammed Salisu  left-footed (SOTON just bought him though I think)
Evan N'Dicka    left-footed
Pau Torres        left-footed
Ozan Kabak  
Merih Demiral   
Marash Kumbulla 
Dan-Axel Zagadou   left-footed
Jules Koundé 
Boubacar Kamara    
Duje Caleta-Car  
Gabriel Magalhães     left-footed
Robin Koch    
Luiz Felipe   

true youth

Strahinja Pavlovic (19yo beast, 1.94m, left footed, my father loves him at Monanco)  
Benoît Badiashile (another 19yo left footer at Monaco, 1.92m)
Ronald Araújo (21yo, 1.91m, Uruguyan on Barca B most of the season, now promoted)
Zinho Vanheusden (20yo Beligian, Inter may buy him back for €20m from Standard Liège)  
Wesley Fofana (19yo 1.91m on Saint-Étienne, was partnered with Saliba of Arsenal)

José Giménez
3a4fbbfd9ada055c18e0aab19ac4b1e2.png

Gimenez will cost us at least 100 mio. EUROS. And only because he did not receive any injury the last two months, that does not mean he solved his injury problems. He usually misses half of the season or at least if feels like that.

I would go for Milenkovic. Will cost 40 mio. EUROS and he does not get injured.

And I would not go for De Ligt. He clearly is still not settled at Juventus.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

If we were going for a title at all costs next season then maybe not but we're looking to build a dynasty. An elite midfielder for (hopefully) the next decade over signing an average CB (there's bugger all on the market atm, the only one that would drastically improve us who may be available is Giminez and he has injury issues, i think the issues are a lot with Kepa, if we don't replace him the issues like conceding from any clean shot will still be there) is a no brainer in my opinion.

Well yes, I meant defence as a whole. Rather see us spend on reliable GK like Kepa rather than Havertz for example. It might not be as exciting signing, but way more important. Then there is also Koulibaly who might be on the move etc. 

Given Werner, Ziyech, Pulisic, Mount, RLC, Havertz are all versatile and can play on wings, CHO will have limited minutes. Unless he realy performs great in given time, I dont think all of them will get enough of playtime. Sure he will get lets say cup games and odd PL game here and there, but that cant be compared to be in the first 11. If we want him to be one of the best, he has to play as firsz choice which he clearly wont with all these new players around. Look at Sancho and wonders of playing week in week out.

Also for a solid team, you need a standard 11 with some quality subs. Thats why Liverpool has CL and City doesnt. Because Pep rotates his entire front line and you cant expect consistency and extra motivation from there, knowing he will bench you the next game.