Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

I predicted similar days ago, he wants to be starting at especially next season there is no guarantee at all, there is going to be serious competition and TBH I just cannot see him staying, whether it's sold or loaned.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/callum-hudson-odoi-chelsea-transfer-news-kai-havertz-frank-lampard-epl-a9628306.html

The report is somewhat contradicting. It says CHO may consider offers to leave but won't force a move. 

And it's from The Independent. So, taking it with a pinch of salt...

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Really good is a bit stronger than I'd go, but it was pleasing to see some positive glimpses from Callum on Sunday.

I know. But he looked like he wanted to prove a point. Defensively and Offensively. Point being, if that shot had gone in, we would be saying "really good". 

But do agree, it was pleasing to see the effort and some of the play.

46 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

But he looked like he wanted to prove a point.

This is an issue for CHO I think. I'm reading comments here about his passing not being good and/or that he's edgy and a bit too inclined to go for glory. These are symptoms of a lack of confidence. In development games, where it was clear to everyone, Callum included, that he was a standout, his passing was a big positive and his decision making was calm and cool eyed. He didn't need to prove that he belonged at that level and, as a result, he proved it all of the time.

Look, for example, at his pass for Tino's goal in the 2018 Youth Cup Final. I was behind the goal at the far end that night, but you could see from the moment Callum picked up the ball that he already knew the pass he was going to play 30 metres later. When the pass came, its timing, weight and angle were absolute perfection. Look too at his performance in the U17 World Cup Final earlier that season. Phil Foden scored twice and picked up man of the match, but it was Callum who produced the game's deciding performance.

46 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

if that shot had gone in, we would be saying "really good".

That was one of the moments I liked from him. He was decisive, sharp and the shot was well struck, just misdirected. It could be argued that he should have squared the ball, but going for goal was a perfectly reasonable option. The chance was there and he can't be blamed for taking a pop. It would have been spectacular if it had gone in.

9 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Callum Hudson-Odoi may consider offers to leave Chelsea in the summer transfer window over a lack of playing time. - Independent

sky sports also reporting it. 
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12033127/callum-hudson-odoi-unhappy-with-lack-of-game-time-at-chelsea

If he wants to he a midtable player let him go because right now I would say that is where he is at. Hasnt done anything of note bar the game v Newcastle this season. Loaning him probably best move for both parties, especially if Havertz signs. Cant see Bayern being interested anymore and with a 5 year deal signed we have all the power now in terms of negotiations.

Went a bit under the radar due to Pulisic's impact but I thought he was fantastic when he came on himself.

The way he found Pulisic for the third goal with the ball in the air and him running at speed was sensational, that's end product we simply do not see from Willian (and I'm far from a Willian basher).

He has to start with Pulisic Vs Wolves, even more so if we play 3atb again (as it will put less defensive emphasis on the wingers).

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Went a bit under the radar due to Pulisic's impact but I thought he was fantastic when he came on himself.

The way he found Pulisic for the third goal with the ball in the air and him running at speed was sensational, that's end product we simply do not see from Willian (and I'm far from a Willian basher).

He has to start with Pulisic Vs Wolves, even more so if we play 3atb again (as it will put less defensive emphasis on the wingers).

Have to agree. Or even those 2 wide in a 4231 with Willian, who can still offer something, as a 10 and push the wingers up on their right and left sided CBs.

I never criticized him before because I always thought there was a lot of potential.

And still I am ready to be patient a lot with him and James.

CHO makes things happen, he is creative player.

He is struggling this season but very solid stats.

In PL and CL he played only around 1000 minutes but has 6 assists.

Only Willian, Pulisic and Azpi have more in our team.

I want cho to start to see how he really fare. Quality sub change game big time in current situation and they tend to play very2 well. Short pre season, packed games, you can really tell most starter are exhausted in the end of game. We had ox and yarmalenko scored against us, both are late game sub