The Skipper
Followers 11

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marcos Alonso to Hudson-Odoi: “Bayern Munich? We are Chelsea, another great team, the Premier League is the most competitive league in the world, I don’t know why someone would go to Bayern Munich” Ha

Callum Hudson-Odoi has more assists in 59 minutes than Willian has since October.

At last a manager speaking clearly, straight and not dodging questions.  

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

It's up to our club tbh. I think Callum is happy to stay but won't say no to listening to Bayern's offer. We need to be firm here either way. 

I don't get what's the play here, from both the club and CHO himself.

The club went through all the trouble last year to keep CHO and offer him a new contract but they are now just going to let him go?

And it seems like CHO isn't keen to leave at all but what makes him think that he will get more game time at Bayern than here? Is he going to be ahead of Sane, Coman and Gnabry? Is he going to feel valued as much as there as he does here at the club?

This drama feels so unnecessary after what has been a good transfer window for us. :doh: 

• Like 3
Just now, Jason said:

I don't get what's the play here, from both the club and CHO himself.

The club went through all the trouble last year to keep CHO and offer him a new contract but they are now just going to let him go?

And it seems like CHO isn't keen to leave at all but what makes him think that he will get more game time at Bayern than here? Is he going to be ahead of Sane, Coman and Gnabry? Is he going to feel valued as much as there as he does here at the club?

This drama feels so unnecessary after what has been a good transfer window for us. :doh: 

Think the club's interested possibly because of the money possibly involved. It stinks of Bayern doing their typical tapping up - don't understand why the club are entertaining this, we're not one of Bayern's German feeder clubs. 

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

Think the club's interested possibly because of the money possibly involved. It stinks of Bayern doing their typical tapping up - don't understand why the club are entertaining this, we're not one of Bayern's German feeder clubs. 

But we should be firm and decide what we want to do. Either we want to keep him and just turn down whatever the offer is from Bayern or we don't want to keep him and are looking to negotiate. Right now, it feels like we're caught between two minds. 

No reason to sell even if that purchase option is obligation, despite the money we won't be able to replace him so late in the window and we're already short one winger, two wingers short would be a disaster.

Unless there is a large financial incentive initially or the selling club wants rid, why would a selling club agree to an option to buy?

An option to buy only protects the buying club to give them the opportunity to buy a player if they perform for them without the selling club jacking up the value. 

If it was an obligation to buy then I think some serious thought should go into it because Bayern are paying almost entirely then for his potential. It's not like a Havertz situation where CHO has a large portfolio of success at first team level to go with his age.

But an option to buy just seems foolish to accept. If he struggles then we get him back next summer another year older and his potential possibly no closer to being realised. And if he excelled and, say put up Sancho like numbers over there, then we'd be selling him under market value (especially considering how much English players are valued).

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Yup, saw him mention this earlier. Fucking tapping up player in the public. Fucking classless! 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Exactly.

For this reason alone, we should tell them to fuck off.

and apparently we did.

if they had offered that 77m € upfront i probably would have takenit but option to buy they would never take it. they just would try to loan him another year. bayern are cheap fuckers, always trying to loan first and then lowball you for an extension or a purchase.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

and apparently we did.

if they had offered that 77m € upfront i probably would have takenit but option to buy they would never take it. they just would try to loan him another year. bayern are cheap fuckers, always trying to loan first and then lowball you for an extension or a purchase.

I do not want to sell but if it is true that it is €77m then I could understand the club taking it. However, it needs to be obligation to buy or Bayern can f*ck off. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

and apparently we did.

I'm pretty sure their plan is to use him in the same way they loaned Coutinho from Barca.

A cheap way to add a squad player. No transfer fee involved. 

from marina perspective, i predict she would start to negotiatie only for 77m € upfront + 20m € add ons (10m for Bundes champs + 10m for CL champs). we can keep that cash for next summer and battle for Sancho or even Mbappe.....:cig:

If we are going to sell him because the bid is too good to turn down.. then it is what it is but not to those cheeky wankers Byern. They look down there noses at us. Fuck them.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, communicate said:

CHO has been very good for us so far, but honestly it is no brainer. You can't play football with no width. 

Thats why we've scored more with his introduction in the second half against westbrom and four goals against palace. Width is important

• Like 2

https://theathletic.com/2112592/2020/10/04/chelsea-callum-hudson-odoi-bayern-munich/?source=user_shared_article

According to the latest from The Athletic, Bayern are planning another offer for CHO but the club are expected to turn it down no matter what. Lampard and the club don't want to let him go and there are no suggestions that CHO will force the move.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://theathletic.com/2112592/2020/10/04/chelsea-callum-hudson-odoi-bayern-munich/?source=user_shared_article

According to the latest from The Athletic, Bayern are planning another offer for CHO but the club are expected to turn it down no matter what. Lampard and the club don't want to let him go and there are no suggestions that CHO will force the move.

Sensible move, we don't have enough time to find a replacement anyway.