Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

4-6 months injury according to Google. At worst case he'll be back in November so he won't miss much. Hazard/Pepe - Pulisic starters next season. 

Hazard is 110% off. Regardless of CL or not. As for Pepe? Transfer ban? 

Hopefully it is only 5 or 6 months instead of 9 months like they can be but regardless, hopefully he gets a good recovery and can come into contention some point next season.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hazard is 110% off. Regardless of CL or not. As for Pepe? Transfer ban? 

Hopefully it is only 5 or 6 months instead of 9 months like they can be but regardless, hopefully he gets a good recovery and can come into contention some point next season.

His youth will help him have a speedy recovery. This injury can really be a dangerous one at senior level, but Odoi will recover.

Time for the club to show commitment and get him a long term deal. 

Perhaps the player and his father/agent will have a difference appreciation for what can happen in a footballers career. Just a minor silver lining.

Im gutted. 

You are forgetting this is Chelsea. He will recover around November, but by then the club will completely forget about him like they did with Zouma. Maybe a bit part here and there, but the manager will keep saying he isnt ready after such injury. Eventualy he will get a loan to get his fitness back and maybe return if he delivers. 

How much worse can this season get? 

The one thing I was looking forward was Odoi developing next season if Hazard realy leaves and the ban stands. Now its going be another wasted season with Pedro and Willian. Or Pulisic. 

We still have RLC and James hopefuly but this season is realy turning into absolute shit.

17 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Im gutted. 

You are forgetting this is Chelsea. He will recover around November, but by then the club will completely forget about him like they did with Zouma. Maybe a bit part here and there, but the manager will keep saying he isnt ready after such injury. Eventualy he will get a loan to get his fitness back and maybe return if he delivers. 

How much worse can this season get? 

The one thing I was looking forward was Odoi developing next season if Hazard realy leaves and the ban stands. Now its going be another wasted season with Pedro and Willian. Or Pulisic

We still have RLC and James hopefuly but this season is realy turning into absolute shit.

Writing off Pulisic before hes even pulled on the shirt is typical Chelsea isnt it? 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Writing off Pulisic before hes even pulled on the shirt is typical Chelsea isnt it? 

I rate the players based on what I see from their games. 

Pulisic didnt show anything to be worth 40m, nevermind 60m. He isnt top level talent mate or better yet his performances havent proven that.

He will likely get bullied in PL, he has a poor shot, something that will hurt our already shit finishing abilities and he has recently been injured alot. I certainly dont count on him turning the league around. He is nothing but a raw talent and needs alot of development, something unlikely to recieve here.

I will however support him and gladly eat my words if he actualy delivers. But I wont just blindly believe he is going to be great for us because he cost 60m and media hyping him in the air. 

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

I rate the players based on what I see from their games. 

Pulisic didnt show anything to be worth 40m, nevermind 60m. He isnt top level talent mate or better yet his performances havent proven that.

He will likely get bullied in PL, he has a poor shot, something that will hurt our already shit finishing abilities and he has recently been injured alot. I certainly dont count on him turning the league around. He is nothing but a raw talent and needs alot of development, something unlikely to recieve here.

I will however support him and gladly eat my words if he actualy delivers. But I wont just blindly believe he is going to be great for us because he cost 60m and media hyping him in the air. 

Hasnt shown anything this season yes but watch the other seasons he played for Dortmund there is definitely something there that with a bit of work could be a very good player. Yes 60m is an inflated fee but what isnt these days? Way I look at him is, Sterling cost City 49m and that raised a lot of eyebrows despite him being a better level than Pulisic. The fee wound people up even more so after his first season at City which was very poor, you need to wait and give these young players time. He has potential, not the level of Sterling but its just a comparison in regards to how his first season panned out at City in comparison to now where hes arguably the best goalscoring winger in the PL alongside Salah and Mane. Pulisic could come here do decent then properly kick on the next year. Realistically talking thats like Eden under RDM and Benitez, first season here was probably inconsistently below what he and many of us would of liked considering his reputation/talent but few seasons later and boom (again Pulisic will never be Eden level but in terms of progression even the Sterlings and Hazards can need a year or two to grow). People are also getting far too caught up with Jadon Sancho at BVB and the fact Pulisic hasnt played as regularly this season, it will be interesting how both of them do next season. A lot can change, as Pulisic probably didnt expect 2 seasons ago when he was playing regularly to now be a bench player for a season.... dont think its fair to judge him on a season where he was in a contract dispute and signed with a new team midway through the season. If hed played every week and done poorly fair enough but he hasnt and with previous seasons showing promise (end product needs work) it could turn out a decent move still. 60m is a lot but thats modern day football. Lukaku cost 75m. Alexis Sanchez makes 500k a week. PSG bought Neymar for 220m. Any deal can be looked at as ludicrous.

25 minutes ago, Strike said:

Gutted for him.

He will be back leading the team I'm sure when Pulisic has cooled down by November

Leading the team? He's been worse than Pedro and Willian. Gutted for the 35 millions we could've got for him if anything.

2 minutes ago, Hazardinho Gaucho said:

Feel sorry for the kid of course. But in the case of the English nt they have far better wingers in Sterling and Sancho.

yes, bt he was a good squad option, ironically in case of injuries

and yes, both of those too are STREETS beyond CHO atm

too bad we couldn't convince Son to switch citizenship when he was staring down barrel of 2 or 3 years mandatory SoKo military duty 2 years back (they won Asian Cup so he was exempted)

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hasnt shown anything this season yes but watch the other seasons he played for Dortmund there is definitely something there that with a bit of work could be a very good player. Yes 60m is an inflated fee but what isnt these days? Way I look at him is, Sterling cost City 49m and that raised a lot of eyebrows despite him being a better level than Pulisic. The fee wound people up even more so after his first season at City which was very poor, you need to wait and give these young players time. He has potential, not the level of Sterling but its just a comparison in regards to how his first season panned out at City in comparison to now where hes arguably the best goalscoring winger in the PL alongside Salah and Mane. Pulisic could come here do decent then properly kick on the next year. Realistically talking thats like Eden under RDM and Benitez, first season here was probably inconsistently below what he and many of us would of liked considering his reputation/talent but few seasons later and boom (again Pulisic will never be Eden level but in terms of progression even the Sterlings and Hazards can need a year or two to grow). People are also getting far too caught up with Jadon Sancho at BVB and the fact Pulisic hasnt played as regularly this season, it will be interesting how both of them do next season. A lot can change, as Pulisic probably didnt expect 2 seasons ago when he was playing regularly to now be a bench player for a season.... dont think its fair to judge him on a season where he was in a contract dispute and signed with a new team midway through the season. If hed played every week and done poorly fair enough but he hasnt and with previous seasons showing promise (end product needs work) it could turn out a decent move still. 60m is a lot but thats modern day football. Lukaku cost 75m. Alexis Sanchez makes 500k a week. PSG bought Neymar for 220m. Any deal can be looked at as ludicrous.

I really don't get why people feel the need to go for the kill on Pulisic before he has even played for us. Maybe it's the accumulation of buying average players over the years. Maybe people have been spoiled by Sancho, Mbappe etc doing the bits in their teens and they expect everyone else to be the same or otherwise, they are rubbish but as you alluded to, Pulisic is still young and has shown promise in previous Dortmund seasons. Just because he isn't doing well now, just because he has lost his way a little bit, it doesn't mean it will remain that way and likewise, just because someone is doing well right now, it doesn't mean it will remain that way. Pulisic is only 20 and has plenty of room to grow.