Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

At some point he'll be one of the best full backs in the world for a while. I think the best player to compare him to in both play style and ability is Marcelo. Main difference being Marcelo has far superior technique where Emerson's is average. I think Emerson could become our 2nd best ever left back if given the chance. He's just productive. He goes forward like a champion. 

I think his only (major) fault is acting like 'the job is done' too early when he gets forward - staying forward when he should quickly track back.
I imagine if we swap Alonso for Emerson, we lose heading ability, & we lose free-kick ability. We gain pace, & we gain more dangerous forward runs (for both teams).
There's a big upgrade in mentality, too; it's clear Emerson wants to be great.

I'd be excited about this; he just needs to mature. Maybe improve tackling.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Then i hope we sign a RB and put Azpi next to Christensen.

Emerson  can play both sides like Dave.

1 hour ago, DYC. said:

And Christensen-Azpilicueta is a combo that can be bullied by power and aggression

I'd still like us to get a defender with some  presence and agression you could just say 'sick em' and they would be rolling on the floor in agony.

And if they were a good hoofer and able tohold the ball and dribble that would be a plus lol

Like a morph of Filipe Luis and Bane!

8 hours ago, Artandur said:

Apparently he already played in a Serie A match on 01.12.2017, but didnt get any minutes since then ? Does anybody have some insights about whats going on here ?

First game back since his injury. Kolarov is on form so there’s no need to rush him in. 

4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Is he registered as part of the Roma Champions League team?

I do not think he is. Would not make sense for them given they can reregister in for the ko stage. Also does bot matter as lonh as he has not played right?

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

Azpi next to Christensen.

Thing that worries me about Luiz tho is hes just so haphazzard at times. You would think with his experience he would be so calm and got his act together plus he doesnt keep his form. He goes from 2 pretty bad games at Athleico and Palace to having 2 good games against Roma and Watford then back to rubbish again against Roma.

I like Luiz and I'd like us to use him instead of Baks.

7 hours ago, The Skipper said:

First game back since his injury. Kolarov is on form so there’s no need to rush him in. 

Not a single minute in nearly 2 months after apparently being fit enough to play still seems weird to me.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Great talent, but big gamble after his injury. 

Either we will have top quality fullback or the agony of search for new LB will continue for couple more seasons. 

That's not how we do it though.  He's our FB for the next few years.  He's either quality, or an ongoing project.

Man City go out and buy a GK for 30M, doesn't work, go out the next summer and spend another 30 for a different one.  We don't really do that, we stick with a player long after it's obvious that they wont work (except Baba, that's an odd one).

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Great talent, but big gamble after his injury. 

Either we will have top quality fullback or the agony of search for new LB will continue for couple more seasons. 

Azpilicueta also tore his acl at Marseille but at Chelsea he plays 50-60 matches every season, his knees are fine. Emerson is young, Roma didn’t force his comeback so he might be completely over that injury. 

17 hours ago, Artandur said:

Not a single minute in nearly 2 months after apparently being fit enough to play still seems weird to me.

I think it’s like Zouma’s case. Need time to get back on horse.