Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

33. Emerson Palmieri


Jas
 Share
Followers 4

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't like him.  Created too much. Was always in position. Tracked back too well. Crosses were too threatening. Haven't seen him take one, but I know his free kicks can't be that good.  Bac

I think he will explode into one of best fullbacks in the league, just like he had the potential back then in serie a. 

Really good, solid performance in his first league start tonight. Solid defensively and dangerous in attack. Liked the way he delivers the crosses into the box. Conte needs to be questioned on why he

Posted Images

3 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

Lol... Conte will not try him from the start just to fuck the board cos he is not Sandro... When he is absolutely thousand miles better than snailonso

I don't think it has to do with him flipping the bird to the board. Emerson has only played a handful of minutes when we require more attacking impetus, meaning he is considered a more attacking option than Alonso despite the latter having a decent scoring record. Behind the scenes I don't think Conte rates him defensively, and he is a defence first type of coach. Truth be told we don't know how he is defensively since he only plays when we need to pin teams back and he doesn't need to do much back there. He could be an absolute trainwreck, we don't know. But for fucks sake.. we have 3 CBs and Kante, he doesn't need to be Maldini, it's not like Alonso is either. First and foremost he needs to offer more going forward, because that is our real weakness atm. And seeing him play I have no doubt he has the ability to drive to the byline and create dangerous situations in the box.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, manpe said:

I don't think it has to do with him flipping the bird to the board. Emerson has only played a handful of minutes when we require more attacking impetus, meaning he is considered a more attacking option than Alonso despite the latter having a decent scoring record. Behind the scenes I don't think Conte rates him defensively, and he is a defence first type of coach. Truth be told we don't know how he is defensively since he only plays when we need to pin teams back and he doesn't need to do much back there. He could be an absolute trainwreck, we don't know. But for fucks sake.. we have 3 CBs and Kante, he doesn't need to be Maldini, it's not like Alonso is either. First and foremost he needs to offer more going forward, because that is our real weakness atm. And seeing him play I have no doubt he has the ability to drive to the byline and create dangerous situations in the box.

so you know... against spurs and several other games he has acres of space in wide areas to wreck havoc but when he is slower than snail...back to Emerson even coming back from a long term injury he has the basic qualities of a wing back great pace good dribbling ability in 1v1 situations and great crossing ability...have seen enough of Alonso to know he is not but a disaster... Can you imagine spurs third goal due his pathetic pace...who cares if we play 3 or 4 man defence... Snailonso is trash.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

so you know... against spurs and several other games he has acres of space in wide areas to wreck havoc but when he is slower than snail...back to Emerson even coming back from a long term injury he has the basic qualities of a wing back great pace good dribbling ability in 1v1 situations and great crossing ability...have seen enough of Alonso to know he is not but a disaster... Can you imagine spurs third goal due his pathetic pace...who cares if we play 3 or 4 man defence... Snailonso is trash.. 

Did I indicate the opposite in my post? It looks like you're trying to argue a point I didn't make.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, manpe said:

Did I indicate the opposite in my post? It looks like you're trying to argue a point I didn't make.

no...just butressing what u said cos I couldn't comprehend the reason conte keeps sidelining him... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Emerson was brought because he is a long term possibility, not instant impact. 

Obviously he wont excel in first match. He needs a run like Alonso did last summer. 

But Conte wont take the risk. Alonso is established and Emerson might have couple crappy games at first, but after two months, he could be twice the player Alonso is. 

However Conte has no courage to actualy test him. 

On other hand, If Emerson is so bad, why did we purchase him in first place? 

He was injured, but he was arguably best LB in serie a last season along Sandro. IMO his talent is there, but again our coaching staff has absolutely no idea how to handle him, like with Salah case and many others. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

He defo should of been given more chances. He typifies the qualities you want in a LWB. Fast, direct, strong, good defensively judging by tonight and ability to constantly make runs in behind. Thought he was very good tonight. I am a fan of Alonso but don't think he will be a miss. In open play, think Emerson gives us much more of an offensive threat. Especially if he can link up with Hazard.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Promising signs, and he can cross! Got an assist for Moses' goal too. It would be a travesty if Alonso just walked back in when he gets back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, manpe said:

Promising signs, and he can cross! Got an assist for Moses' goal too. It would be a travesty if Alonso just walked back in when he gets back.

Giroud's attempt to go for the scorpion goal again before the goal was :lol: though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ja1 said:

In about 2 starts he has as many assists that Alonso has managed in, what 32 league games?

Emerson has 2 assists in 4 games in all competitions (1 in the league). Alonso has 7 in all competitions since joining us (5 in the league - 2 this season).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was he actually that good last night? Or is the desperation to see Alonso dropped leading to exaggerations? (like the Ivan-Baba situation). I thought he was pretty quiet all be it made a vital contribution at the end to seal the points.

That said im by no means saying he isn't promosing and i do want to see more of him, but by the comments you'd think he unleashed his inner prime Ash last night.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...