Mason Mount

the wes

16 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Mason mount is a team fixer.

he makes the team more competitive, which in turn makes it more likely to win silverware.

some folks don’t like that and prefer flashier players, but consider that if it’s not mason it’d have to be another player like him elsewhere. I reckon he’s one of the best at what he does.

we don’t have Messi, Neymar, mbappe… we are not a powerhouse. If we play as equals with them, will lose more often than not. We can level the playing field with intensity, tactics, and smarts -and Mason mount helps with all that.

I agree, not a flashy player but a good players that brings a good balance to the team. 

Reminds me of Damien Duff. He was not as flashy as your Robben back then, but like Mount he had a tenacity and gave us a good balance. 

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

Not with Mason Mount.

Mount had the privilege of featuring in 5 finals in the past two years, and only won once.

That reminds me of when Klopp was a bad manager because he lost a few finals.

Good times!

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Not with Mason Mount.

Mount had the privilege of featuring in 5 finals in the past two years, and only won once.

Causality is misrepresented here.

he did not "have the privilege" but rather took different teams to those finals. Winning the most important of them all? 😄

He made England more competitive in my view. How do you know England would've even made to the PKs without him? England played a far superior team, and were able to shut them down for the most part (with mount's help). You see the problem here? He did play in the final, so (mentally) removing him from the game goes into what ifs.

It is very likely Mount will start for Chelsea for the next 10 years. So, suggest getting used to him and appreciate what he brings to the team.

Edited by robsblubot

18 hours ago, Mana said:

Not with Mason Mount.

This is a slightly illogical argument. As what does that mean for all the players not to have made a final/as many finals? Isn't better to make the final and lose, rather than go out earlier? 

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

What about the others who also played the FA cup final this season, last season or the UEFA Super Cup etc? Or the rest of the Derby team who lost the playoff final also when he was there? Or the rest of the England team who lost the Euros final? You calling them all not capable of being part of trophy winning teams too?

Or are you just going after our player of the year for the sakes of being controversial or edgy over a forum which I think the Mount critics are more than anything now because even when he was playing well last season, it was still reoccurring. Same with Jorginho. Its kinda embarrassing.

And “privilege of featuring in”, honestly what the fuck are you on about haha. I mean you saying he shouldn’t have made 5 finals? And even more ironic, wouldn’t playing in 5 finals in 2 years for club and country not indicate he’s doing something right no???? Theres a reason he’s playing in all these big finals. No doubt he has a quiet Euros but jesus christ, you’d think it was a criminal offence

(and its not because he has dirt on all these managers or are their sons etc, despite the conspiracy theories)

Take a bow sir!

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Mário César said:

he lost a supercup

he lost 2 fa cup finals

and he lost 1 euro final

so sad....

He has a CL medal, I think the only thing more reputable is a world Cup... Maybe its coming home in 2 years.

29 minutes ago, Mário César said:

he lost a supercup

he lost 2 fa cup finals

and he lost 1 euro final

so sad....

On the flip side one of the best young prospects in world football, how about that?

31 minutes ago, Mário César said:

he lost a supercup

he lost 2 fa cup finals

and he lost 1 euro final

so sad....

He is a Champions League winner at the age of 22. How about that.

• 2 weeks later...