Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

19. Mason Mount

the wes
Followers 5

Chelsea’s Mason Mount to have scan on right ankle after ‘hurting ligaments’ during Club World Cup final

https://theathletic.com/news/chelseas-mason-mount-to-have-scan-on-right-ankle-after-hurting-ligaments-during-club-world-cup-final/FDgkLtL70tPJ/

Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount will have a scan on his right ankle after “hurting his ligaments badly” during the Club World Cup final in Abu Dhabi.

Mount was forced off the pitch in the 31st minute after a Palmeiras player fell on his ankle. He was replaced by Christian Pulisic.

The England international left the Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium on crutches. He was seen with a bandage and strapping on his right foot during Chelsea’s post-match celebrations following their 2-1 extra-time win.

Chelsea head coach Thomas Tuchel said: “Mason was injured, in one of the very first scenes where he made a run to the far post with Azpi.

“They both fell and his opponent fell on his ankle and he hurt his ligaments badly, so we have to see.

“He came straight to me and said he does not feel good, it felt painful.”

Chelsea striker Kai Havertz, who also scored the Champions League winning goal, converted from the penalty spot in the 117th minute to seal a historic victory. The west London club have now won every possible trophy under owner Roman Abramovich.

This is Tuchel’s third major trophy during his Chelsea reign, having won the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and now the Club World Cup.

Chelsea, making only their second appearance in the final, become the third English side to be crowned champions of the tournament following Manchester United’s and Liverpool’s success in 2008 and 2019 respectively.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is 2020 and people still think Barkley will become good...

Scored a hattrick tonight and made an assist for Vitesse in their Europa League playoff match against Ado Den Haag. What a season this lad is having. I think that is double figures for both goals and

Posted Images

So he will miss just 3 games. It is great that he will be back against teams of level he only delivers: Luton, Burnley, Newcastle, Norwich, Brentford.

On 15/02/2022 at 10:12, NikkiCFC said:

So he will miss just 3 games. It is great that he will be back against teams of level he only delivers: Luton, Burnley, Newcastle, Norwich, Brentford.

Didn't he deliver against City in the Champions league final? 

Or was that Mormon Mount.

22 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Didn't he deliver against City in the Champions league final? 

Or was that Mormon Mount.

If we are cherry picking I can help you. Liverpool last season and West Ham this season.

Not counting teams in relegation battle and set pieces he has 2g (two mentioned games) and 1 assist (Arsenal) from the beginning of last season in the league.

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

If we are cherry picking I can help you. Liverpool last season and West Ham this season.

Not counting teams in relegation battle and set pieces he has 2g (two mentioned games) and 1 assist (Arsenal) from the beginning of last season in the league.

You seemed to be singling out Mount for lack of big game performances, hence why I asked. It's not that he can't perform in big games. Maybe he hasn't consistently delivered. 

But that's the case with the entire team. The fact is we don't have consistent big game performers in the remaining attacking players. Maybe Havertz and Pulisic have slightly better stats. But I wouldn't call those earth shattering when compared to Mount.

Edited by Blue Armour
  • Like 1

I disagree that he has not delivered big game performances, but I think my expectations are vastly different from others here.

Delivering big game performances is simply quality: skillful, technique, mentality, the whole package.

We have a quality team, but less quality than the teams we compete against in both PL and CL. So how do we compete if we have less quality and can't compete with them when signing new talent?

By employing players with strong mentality, tactical discipline, who can disrupt more skillful players and teams. That's how we won and how we can win again. Lukaku weakens our tactical discipline. Mount strengthens it.

That's the type off player he is; the fact he can deliver an assist, a goal, is just the icing on the cake and makes him better in the *role* he plays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can’t wait to see him in the Reds mix with the winners medal. He is the major reason Liverpool won the cup.

• Like 1

Blaming Kepa over him is absurd. And I'm one of Kepa's biggest critics along with being one of Mount's biggest defenders. 

Genuinely hope he realises his position is sooooooo at stake. 

• Like 1

He also eliminated us in last seasons Carabao Cup against Spurs.

last 58 games he played for Chelsea (48) and England (10) in almost 11 months:

Scored in 6: 

Tap in against Real

3 goals against Norwich (2 against ten men - retaken pen and tap in)

WH great goal

And tap ins against Leeds, Everton and Watford.

So to sum up: He barely scores and when he does it is a tap in against relegation fodder.

My fear is we get Rice. Because I can assure you if Rice and Mount two best buddies are 2 of 3 starting MFs in the next decade we will not win the title in next 10 years.

1 hour ago, Milan said:

But first he will touch his haircut a milion times.

I do not care that I was wrong about that offisde call, I never claimed to be perfect, and as soon as I saw I was wrong, I fully admitted it

but you are an obsessive Mount hater

it's sad really

• Haha 1