Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

19. Mason Mount

the wes
Followers 7

10 minutes ago, Mana said:

*Hopefully*

But I seriously doubt he will kick on from this. It's like saying hopefully CHO would kick on from this too. It's bloody Norwich. If Lukaku was playing, he would have had a field day today. All players except maybe Havertz were having a blast.

Mount is MOTM today, but remember no other team in the PL or CL plays and are as weak as Norwich.

You've still got to beat them.

As poor as they are, they don't concede 7 every week. 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is 2020 and people still think Barkley will become good...

Scored a hattrick tonight and made an assist for Vitesse in their Europa League playoff match against Ado Den Haag. What a season this lad is having. I think that is double figures for both goals and

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Beating them is the bare minimum. They haven't scored in 3 before today and yet to win. Drawing with Norwich today would rule us out of winning the title.

When you spend 200m in the past number of seasons, you should be beating Norwich comfortably like this. City got 5 past them.

Ofcourse but 7 isn't the norm no matter who we face.

To put into context, it's more than Liverpool managed vs them in two games this season.

• Thanks 2

As for Mount, remember when he was only playing cause he was sucking Lampard and Southgate off and would be dropped the minute a world class manager comes in?

Good times!

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

As for Mount, remember when he was only playing cause he was sucking Lampard and Southgate off and would be dropped the minute a world class manager comes in?

Good times!

I get the feeling that a handful will never be happy with him, regardless of what he does.

It is baffling when certain individuals sat championing Barkley’s first 3 or 4 games of his loan spell at Villa for instance 🤣 

Or sat going on about Grealish’s form playing in a free role for Villa (was a lazy comparison anyway considering he spent that long on the wing), when lets be honest now he’s at City, has he really done anything thats particularly good? Has he improved them? 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Mana said:

7 isn't the norm I agree (unless you're City) and well done to Mount and co. for achieving this feat. I'm not knocking down on their performance today. What I'm knocking down, is people now saying "CHO IS BACK! MOUNT IS BACK! XXX IS BACK! WE ARE NOW SUPER HOT!"

...like no, this isn't the game to say that they are back. It's like pro-FIFA player plays the game and choosing Chelsea over Norwich on very easy difficulty. You'll have to be messing about or us being down to 9 men for us to draw/lose.

Chelsea didn't break a sweat. It was like a training ground for us. Again, well done Mount - MOTM today and all the starting players (except Havertz - 7) gets a 9 or 10.

But any game against Norwich should be a write off on how good our players are performing. Like I said last month in a different thread, it BAFFLES me, one of the great mysteries how a terribad team who looks like they can't play football finished 1st in the Championship.

They were actually all right when they were last here. Okay their lack of quality told in the end but they had a style, were competive most weeks and claimed a few scalps along the way (beat City and Leicester at home, Everton away, drew to Arsenal, they also only lost to Liverpool at home by one and us by one both times and had a case for being the better side in two of them).

At a loss to work out what's happened to them this time, Buendia alone can't explain such a drop.

Credit where it's due, really happy for Mount but let's hope he does not go to sleep another 6 months now.

We should not get ahead ourselves. I don't resent Mount for a bit of stat-padding and his hunger to go for the 3rd was commendable but more will be asked of him in tighter matches.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Bless...that was me though less extreme lol.

I have never had dental surgery. No wisdom teeth. I was put under to pass a stone in my late 20s, My wife said I was rambling on about an alligator forever. I have never had any experience with alligators.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I have never had dental surgery. No wisdom teeth. I was put under to pass a stone in my late 20s, My wife said I was rambling on about an alligator forever. I have never had any experience with alligators.

Never had dental surgery nor experience with alligators? You have not lived lived life at its finest!

I had wisdom teeth removal, on the way home I stopped to buy groceries and my mouth was so numb that I only realised in my car that my face has salive all over, walked around like a lunatic in the store.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Was you a bit snappy tho😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Kai out, Werner and Lukaku not ready yet to start and he was still benched. Did it happened? Is he last in the packing order of all 7 attackers? 

Saul aside who played just 250-300 mins this season and is on loan, he has been most underwhelming player in the squad this season by far.

2 season ago only Azpi played more minutes, last season he was number one in minutes played but this season only 14/15th in the squad. 

He missed some games due injury but Lukaku/Werner/Pulisic/Ziyech were out even longer. Even RLC is ahead for AM role on merit this season.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Kai out, Werner and Lukaku not ready yet to start and he was still benched. Did it happened? Is he last in the packing order of all 7 attackers? 

Saul aside who played just 250-300 mins this season and is on loan, he has been most underwhelming player in the squad this season by far.

2 season ago only Azpi played more minutes, last season he was number one in minutes played but this season only 14/15th in the squad. 

He missed some games due injury but Lukaku/Werner/Pulisic/Ziyech were out even longer. Even RLC is ahead for AM role on merit this season.

The kid played something like 124+ appearances in two seasons prior to this and just had his wisdom teeth taken out. Looks more of a rest to me at the moment. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, King Kante said:

The kid played something like 124+ appearances in two seasons prior to this and just had his wisdom teeth taken out. Looks more of a rest to me at the moment. 

Yes he needs a rest and beside he was abit out of form. We have a lot of players in midfield who also require a fair share of match minutes. The best way to keep everyone fit and in good form is by rotating the team intelligently as Tuchel is doing. That is one of the secret of our consistent perfomance this season.