Mason Mount

the wes

Jesus. 22 year old who isn’t consistent gets slaughtered after a team loss.

Yet again, insufferable reading some of the absolute pish against some of our players by the usuals who say fuck all when hes doing well and only ever seem to care when this team is losing games so they can bitch about certain players.

“Ridiculous choice for POTY”, ok..... 

Yes there are other players who could have got it, maybe so, but isnt that the same with POTY every season more or less? Theres usually 2/3 players people think aye he could get it. 

hace 4 minutos, Mana dijo:

I always found Mount to be a bog standard/average player. Never saw why people love Mount so much. I kept quiet a lot about this player because he has been "alright" with a sprinkle of good performances (like Real Madrid).

It boggles the mind how he's the player of the season. He's hardly been consistent. Has everyone forgotten about Mendy? Silva? These players have been more consistent with their performances than Mount. He is the most frustrating (regular) youth in the squad. Firing blanks, losing the ball...

My POTY goes to Mendy, not Mount. The only thing I can say about Mount is...he is the BEST out of the bad bunch of the attacking players.

Mendy and Silva maybe can be up there no doubt, 100% but Silva hasn’t not exactly had some bad games/moments plus people tend to forget how bad our defence was with Frank where Silva played and made high profile mistakes/bad games.

Mendy or Mount would of been my shout and luckily nobody had said about Werner being POTY in which I think I would delete my account if I had seen anyone put it...

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

Just look at the contrast from pages 63-65 to now. I don't like the term 'plastic' fans but sometimes I think I agree when I see fans sail like the wind after a little dip in form. Unbelievable. LOL.

Just check the Tuchel thread...

I will sum up his season with some stats and numbers 😀

If you take away relegated teams and set pieces he has 1 goals and 0 assists this season. 

4 of his 6 goals this season in PL came against 3 relegated teams. Plus one penalty. So only goal at Anfield is significant. 

5 assists but 4 from set pieces (and if last 3 games are anything to go by he is taken off from taking any). So next season I wont have to say he has 1 or 2 open play assists, I will just say he has 1 or 2 assists.

He cannot justify his status in team with numbers like this. It would be ok if he is CM but he is basically playing now Willian position, and no doubt Willian would get a lot of shit from our fans if he put numbers like this. They are not different at all. Mount 1 goal last 13 games for example. He also scored against 4th division team, made one of his 3 open play assists this season against Championship team...

I see a lot of talk how he improved a lot this season but numbers do not show it:

Last season when Mount played almost full season as CM or number 8 he produced better numbers then this season when he is much more attacking player.

19/20 season:

7 goals 5 assists - 2874 mins. But goals scored against some good teams like LC, Wolves... And 2 open play assists.

20/21:

6 goals 5 assists 2893 mins.  But one pen, 4 goals against relegated teams and just one open play assists against Fulham. Again, he is much more offensive this season.

Dont get me wrong, Mount had better season in my book then Kai, Hakim and Puli because they underperformed but he played to his best abilities and did expected.

But still goals get you wins, and even those underperforming players are likely to do something in the final 3rd. 

11 easiest games he played this season are against 3 relegated teams x2 plus Krasnodar, Luton, Barnsley, Morecambe and SU in Cup. So in other 42 he played he has 3 goals and 1 open play assist.

Shots this season in PL:

Mount 82

Werner 79

Pulisic 43

Ziyech 35

James 34

Havertz 33...

He did not missed big chances like others but he is wasteful a lot because he shots a lot from situations where he should find better solution.

Another reason why he has just 3 open play assists in PL in almost 6000mins as AM/winger for top team. CHO has 8 last 2 season in less than 2000mins. Kai, Timo, Puli, Hakim, CHO, Ben, Azpi are all better in this department a lot.

2 hours ago, R2D2 said:

This guy winning the player of the year is seriously the most laughable thing I've seen in our history, he can't shoot to save his life, has minimal influence in games, compare this guy to Mendy, Rudiger and Kante, complete laughing stock to say at least he won it above those 3.

Definitely but was expected. We have 2nd best defense in the league while 8th best attack. Mount has worst g/a per minute in that attack and he is our POTY. Zero sense. 

Some of the games without him starting:

Chelsea: Palace 4:0

Krasnodar:Chelsea 0:4

Sevilla:Chelsea 0:4

Chelsea: Everton 2:0

Chelsea:Atletico 2:0

City:Chelsea 1:2

Wolves at home was the game where we had most possession this season 79%. So nothing suggest he is important for us that much.

Can I say it this way... I rate him a bit, but I rate Timo, Kai, Puli more. Even CHO I would say in terms of future and input in the final 3rd. Plus almost 2 years younger.

But I did not change my mind about him at all last 18 months. When pundits or some legends speak of him so highly I dont know on what is that based? Willock in around 1000 mins for Newcastle did more that Mount full season. And he is definitely overrated a lot by our fans. I saw some being surprised he is not in someones team of the year?!

Please do not start him TT in the final. 

11 minutes ago, Stats said:

Just look at the contrast from pages 63-65 to now. I don't like the term 'plastic' fans but sometimes I think I agree when I see fans sail like the wind after a little dip in form. Unbelievable. LOL.

This. I mean, I do understand that people are upset after a loss, but to single out mount? Really?

Absolutely loathe some of what is written. Look at what @NikkiCFC wrote. It's just abhorring. It's like people made up their minds last season, and now every time the kid has a poor game, they would be here to say "I told you so". Fucking hell, I have seen messi have stinkers. Did anyone watch the semis in 2012 against Barca. Absolute stinkers. 

WE have such an amazing talent in our ranks and some "fans" (the word is used very lightly here) would rather bitch and moan about him because they stupidly would have said something about the player an year ago, and now rather than accept their mistake, need to inflate their egos by coming on here and saying "I told you so". Absolutely vile and pathetic. I would love to see some of such fans at the bridge trying to boo and bad mouth mount. Would be set in their place within a bloody minute

Justo ahora, Mana dijo:

Silva only had like 2 bad games. Both are West Brom. Mendy had poor games under Lamps when the whole team was being poor INCLUDING Mount.

I just don't think Mount is POTY material.

Well I suppose all the fans who voted him POTY are wrong then? When hes probably been our most vital player under Tuchel... if you like him or not, the difference with him and without is huge.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well I suppose all the fans who voted him POTY are wrong then? When hes probably been our most vital player under Tuchel... if you like him or not, the difference with him and without is huge.

Not really, we played better in games he has not played. Twice against City for example

5 minutes ago, Randomshit said:

This. I mean, I do understand that people are upset after a loss, but to single out mount? Really?

Absolutely loathe some of what is written. Look at what @NikkiCFC wrote. It's just abhorring. It's like people made up their minds last season, and now every time the kid has a poor game, they would be here to say "I told you so". Fucking hell, I have seen messi have stinkers. Did anyone watch the semis in 2012 against Barca. Absolute stinkers. 

WE have such an amazing talent in our ranks and some "fans" (the word is used very lightly here) would rather bitch and moan about him because they stupidly would have said something about the player an year ago, and now rather than accept their mistake, need to inflate their egos by coming on here and saying "I told you so". Absolutely vile and pathetic. I would love to see some of such fans at the bridge trying to boo and bad mouth mount. Would be set in their place within a bloody minute

Look guys @Puliiszola is back with different account. 

hace 6 minutos, Vybz Kartel dijo:

Not really, we played better in games he has not played. Twice against City for example

2 games? Over the course of a season? Really? When he’s played over 50 games. When he was very good v Real Madrid in both legs which was our best performance arguably with Tuchel? No?

hace 5 minutos, Mana dijo:

The fans voted for him because he was in Chelsea since he was 7.

These are the same fans who wanted to keep Lampard until the end of the season when things were going bad.

Maybe but you’d think he was a league 1 player by the surprise he was even in the running for POTY and the general response on him when the results don’t go our way is baffling and ridiculously naive 75% of the time. I mean did anyone expect him not to be? Really?

Edited by OneMoSalah

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I also voted for Mount, but his competition apart from Silva and Mendy was pretty bad. Silva obviously is on another level, but defenders rarely win such things. Willian also won POTY and he was never a WC player

hace 6 minutos, Jas dijo:

Just curious, how are you judging this exactly? 

By watching the games.

Dont start with this you spent about half a season defending someone who couldn’t control a football or score in a barrell full of fannies, so this is a bit bold from you 😂

Although I would say, ironically, without Mount we are probably similar to how we look without playing Werner under Tuchel in recent times.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

By watching the games.

Dont start with this you spent about half a season defending someone who couldn’t control a football or score in a barrell full of fannies, so this is a bit bold from you 😂

Although I would say, ironically, without Mount we are probably similar to how we look without playing Werner under Tuchel in recent times.

No no. Just curious. Thought if you're bring the stats, I have some to throw at you too! lol

And couldn't control a ball? Sure looks that way of late...

Mount has improved for me. In that green patch we had he was our best player but he's still sub par in the final third. His finishing is consistently quite poor. 

However his passing and dribbling have improved. I think playing a little further back is his best position. Think of the FA Cup semi final when he played through Werner who got the assist. The assist for the assist. 

If he continues to improve his passing and shooting in the final third he's golden. 

7 minutes ago, Randomshit said:

Why? Did he also call you out on your asenine agenda too?

No aganda. I praised him when needed. I put stats above and I never saw counterarguments. I am really open for debate about Mount, I want someone to change my mind but I see nothing. I tried so hard to like him.

Btw why you call yourself in 3rd person singular form? 😂

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

No aganda. I praised him when needed. I put stats above and I never saw counterarguments. I am really open for debate about Mount, I want someone to change my mind but I see nothing. I tried so hard to like him.

Btw why you call yourself in 3rd person singular form? 😂

Here is a stat for you, we scored 58 PL games in 38 PL games. 

That's not a typo. That's the truth. All of those stats are meaningless because we as a team have failed to score and convert chances. Put in haaland instead of Werner and mount would have atleast 5-10 more assists. In top 10, only arsenal scored fewer. 

Those 6 goals are more than 10% of our PL goals, understand? You are trying to take away shit from him because he scored againat relegated teams, yet we dropped 5 points to wba. 5!!!! Someone else scores those "Apparently" pointless goals against Wba and we would not have needed help from spurs to get CL.

The fact that a very high majority of fans think he was our best player of the season should be indicative of the kid's quality. Not some random poster trying to boost his ego. 

The stats you posted are pointless given how poor our attack and specially goal scoring all aroind has been. Look at the % of goals he has scored and assisted and you get far better picture of reality.

3 hours ago, Randomshit said:

Here is a stat for you, we scored 58 PL games in 38 PL games. 

That's not a typo. That's the truth. All of those stats are meaningless because we as a team have failed to score and convert chances. Put in haaland instead of Werner and mount would have atleast 5-10 more assists. In top 10, only arsenal scored fewer. 

Those 6 goals are more than 10% of our PL goals, understand? You are trying to take away shit from him because he scored againat relegated teams, yet we dropped 5 points to wba. 5!!!! Someone else scores those "Apparently" pointless goals against Wba and we would not have needed help from spurs to get CL.

The fact that a very high majority of fans think he was our best player of the season should be indicative of the kid's quality. Not some random poster trying to boost his ego. 

The stats you posted are pointless given how poor our attack and specially goal scoring all aroind has been. Look at the % of goals he has scored and assisted and you get far better picture of reality.

You could not pick better name for yourself 😂

You are making it as he is some creative force and put all the blame on Timo. 10 more assists? Lol. Go watch Werner compilation of misses and of 20+ big chances he missed you will see just 2 passes coming from Mount.

Yes, Timo stole so many assists from our players but Mount does not deserve special mention there.

Through balls are great indicator of players creativity. 

Last 2 season in PL:

KDB 45

Maddison 25

Tielemans 24

Jorginho 20

Kovacic 17

Buendia 17 (just one season)

Kane 19

Salah 23

Pogba 14

Bruno 20 (season and a half)

David Luiz for example had 12 just last season.

Zieych has 5 in 1177 mins this season.

Caballos has 13 while not being regular for Arsenal last 2 seasons. Ndombele and James Rodriguez 8 just this season in very limited time.

Many, many other players with double digits here... I got tired of writing...

Do you know how many through balls Mount has while playing AM for top4 team in around 6000mins last 2 seasons? 

6! Six! 3 last season, 3 this season. So one through ball every 1000mins (around 11 games).

You can blame others all you want but 8 different players have more open play assists in our squad this season ahead of MM. 

Last season 10 players.

This season he had just one open play assist in the league. Same as 2 GKs!

Overall one open play assist in 2000 mins and one through ball in 1000mins. Yes, great creativity!

Again, MM name is not important, but considering his position and minutes played that player in Chelsea squad should be there in top3, top4 players in the league. Which KDB, Bruno, Maddison, Salah are...

Mount? Not in top100! Do you see the difference? 

@NikkiCFC can you please stop cherry picking stats to support your agenda? Through balls, really? Kovacic/Jorgi up there, i guess they're highly creative players then.

Just to add my grain of salt to this debate, which i am not sure why we're having in the first place but moving on.

To the people who don't rate Mount, i am just going to say this. Forget about our opinion of Mount as fan, forget about the POTY. How do you explain ALL his coaches rate him so much? Lampard, Tuchel, Southgate, all the pundits, undroppable in their eyes, why is that? Undroppable in the eyes of the people who know about this game.

Please go ahead and explain why that is.