Mason Mount

the wes

En 19/5/2021 a las 15:19, NikkiCFC dijo:

I think, against SU in 4:1 win at home Mount and Reece played short play after corner and after that Ziyech received the ball, and after cross Chilwell scored. Only with counting goals like that number can be 10. 

They wouldn’t count as corners then would they?

This guy winning the player of the year is seriously the most laughable thing I've seen in our history, he can't shoot to save his life, has minimal influence in games, compare this guy to Mendy, Rudiger and Kante, complete laughing stock to say at least he won it above those 3.

Edited by R2D2

6 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

This guy winning the player of the year is seriously the most laughable thing I've seen in our history, he can't shoot to save his life, has minimal influence in games, compare this guy to Mendy, Rudiger and Kante, complete laughing stock to say at least he won it above those 3.

He is English man that's why

As long every ball go to him we aren't going to be champion 

1 minute ago, Jas said:

Not sure if Mount is the main man for that under Tuchel but if he's not playing as an attacker, then what is he supposed to do? What is his role in this team?

The one thing I'd say is Mount gets away with A LOT of things on the pitch with the fans (more pertinent elsewhere), because he came from the academy. If he misses a chance, fluffs a final ball, makes poor decisions etc (and they have happened a lot), not many fans will complain at all. But if it's Werner, Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech etc, there will be outrage among the fans. Sure, people will argue that Mount cost nothing while the others cost a lot of money but screw that. If people are gonna hold the others to high standards, top level standards, then it should be the same with Mount as well. 

He has been shit for a few weeks now too, he needs to be held to the same standards as everyone else.

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

Not sure if Mount is the main man for that under Tuchel but if he's not playing as an attacker, then what is he supposed to do? What is his role in this team?

The one thing I'd say is Mount gets away with A LOT of things on the pitch with the fans (more pertinent elsewhere), because he came from the academy. If he misses a chance, fluffs a final ball, makes poor decisions etc (and they have happened a lot), not many fans will complain at all. But if it's Werner, Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech etc, there will be outrage among the fans. Sure, people will argue that Mount cost nothing while the others cost a lot of money but screw that. If people are gonna hold the others to high standards, top level standards, then it should be the same with Mount as well. 

Just another reason why I want to steer away from the 343 being a permanent formation/system next season. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Just another reason why I want to steer away from the 343 being a permanent formation/system next season. 

If we go to a back 4, then the only position I see Mount is suitable for is a B2B midfielder in a 4-3-3. Tuchel already said he's not good in the pivot while he's not creative enough to be the #10 in a 4-2-3-1. 

2 minutes ago, Jas said:

If we go to a back 4, then the only position I see Mount is suitable for is a B2B midfielder in a 4-3-3. Tuchel already said he's not good in the pivot while he's not creative enough to be the #10 in a 4-2-3-1. 

When did Tuchel say that Mount is not good enough in a pivot? 

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

When did Tuchel say that Mount is not good enough in a pivot? 

"He has played the last few games in a double six role, which I don’t think is the best position for him..."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/thomas-tuchel-Chelsea-fc-mason-mount-b935514.html

Nice to finally see people who agree with me. People say it is double standard but I have a theory why he is so regular under Tuchel and I explained it on Tuchel thread last night. He is one of 3 attackers but expectations are different from him. He now has 4 horrible games in a row and he will still start in the final. This is not the case with every other player. And is it coincidence that he did not play against City we put great offensive performance with 2 goals, 3 disallowed goals and other chances... He is back and this shit for 4 games. Basically today only open play goal in this period of 360mins.

Basically like Belgium last World Cup always plays 433 but for big games like semi final against France they added extra midfielder for Mertens and KDB was most attacking player after Lukaku and Hazard. It is all Tuchels pragmatism.

Mount has worst g/a per minute ratio of all our attacking players even if you count all his set pieces but he played like 1500-2000mins more than Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO. 

If someone puts gun on my head and says your life depends on guessing it right and asks Mount plays next 5 games 90mins what will he do? I would say 0g 0a or 1g 0a and I would survive, for all other mentioned players I would say bigger numbers.

17 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Nice to finally see people who agree with me. People say it is double standard but I have a theory why he is so regular under Tuchel and I explained it on Tuchel thread last night. He is one of 3 attackers but expectations are different from him. He now has 4 horrible games in a row and he will still start in the final. This is not the case with every other player. And is it coincidence that he did not play against City we put great offensive performance with 2 goals, 3 disallowed goals and other chances... He is back and this shit for 4 games. Basically today only open play goal in this period of 360mins.

Basically like Belgium last World Cup always plays 433 but for big games like semi final against France they added extra midfielder for Mertens and KDB was most attacking player after Lukaku and Hazard. It is all Tuchels pragmatism.

Mount has worst g/a per minute ratio of all our attacking players even if you count all his set pieces but he played like 1500-2000mins more than Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO. 

If someone puts gun on my head and says your life depends on guessing it right and asks Mount plays next 5 games 90mins what will he do? I would say 0g 0a or 1g 0a and I would survive, for all other mentioned players I would say bigger numbers.

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahhahaha. This is the single post pathetic, sad and asenine shit I have read on the internet ever. And the internet is filled with sad, pathetic and asenine shits.

2 hours ago, R2D2 said:

Wow. Talk about knee jerk reaction. Ridiculous post. Rudiger wasn't even in the team for first few months. It is funny because rewind this few weeks ago against Real Madrid, he was getting so much praise. Few bad games which is normal for any 22 year old. The posts which criticize him for needing to do a bit more, that is fair, but suggesting he is a ridiculous choice of POTY is ridiculous.

Edited by Stats

7 minutes ago, Stats said:

Wow. Talk about knee jerk reaction. Ridiculous post. Rudiger wasn't even in the team for first few months. It is funny because rewind this few weeks ago against Real Madrid, he was getting so much praise. Few bad games which is normal for any 22 year old. The posts which criticize him for needing to do a bit more, that is far, but suggesting he is a ridiculous choice of POTY is ridiculous.

He is a ridiculous POTY winner without any shadow of a doubt, who cares he had a few good matches, Kante, Rudiger and Mendy all bossed it in almost every single games they started, this guy strotted in at least half of the matches he started doing feck all, he misses all kind of shots and even some passes, we went out against Tottenham in the Cup only because of him and his inability to hit one of the easiest pass in history and after proceeded to miss the penalty, he really shouldn't be winning the award, yet again this award started to be a joke anyways the moment Willian won it.

Edited by R2D2