Mason Mount

the wes

46 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

lol Willian was absolutely dreadful 😂

At least we can agree on that haha 😂. Cheers!

And for @NikkiCFC. Ok thanks for your answer, but all this tells us is that he took 126 corners; nothing else. How many assists did Ward-prowse get from his 156 corners for ex?

And you cannot compare stats such as big chances conversion and number of corners taken. The first really tells you something while you can't really draw any conclusion from the second.  

i think it is time to move Mr untouchable at bench for next game .. he simply cant afford anything  

im sure he lose more possession than enter team and slow down game with jorginho 

Edited by Kunka21

19 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Whoscored stats dispossessed:

Chelsea:

Mount 5

Ziyech 2

Alonso 2

5 other players once. 

Not a bad stat for an attacking minded mid. His job is not spin around 5 times like Eden used to do for the delight of many here. He's very direct, and I like that about him.

Edited by robsblubot

On 14/05/2021 at 19:06, Simon1991 said:

For me, just looks like the anti-mount brigade is trying to find new things to pin on Mount. No surprise it's Nikki, you and killer.. His last two corners against Arsenal were bad; no denying, but you guys are now clutching at straws to try and make him look like a bad corner shooter, that's ridiculous.

Clearly Tuchel noticed something just like me because Mount who was regular corner taker did not took any corners last 2 games. 

And you saw the result today. Rudiger goal, Werner disallowed goal, Silva big chance in first half... All came after corners. Other corners were also good from Ben and Reece. Today we had just 6 corners and look how important they were. Just like I said, every goal is important and without this change today we would most likely draw another game and miss out on CL. 

So if TT is reading this forum, you are welcome, I accept all the credit...

Edited by NikkiCFC

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Clearly Tuchel noticed something just like me because Mount who was regular corner taker did not took any corners last 2 games. 

And you saw the result today. Rudiger goal, Werner disallowed goal, Silva big chance in first half... All came after corners. Other corners were also good from Ben and Reece. Today we had just 6 corners and look how important they were. Just like I said, every goal is important and without this change today we would most likely draw another game and miss out on CL. 

You have absolutely NO way of knowing that's the reason.

Maybe they wanted to save the extra few meters for one of strongest pressers in the team to give him a break, maybe they wanted him at the edge of the box as he's one of the best shooters from range in this team. Maybe they wanted an in-swinger because they found Schmeichel is bad with those. Maybe TT agrees with you and all of a sudden realized he was a bad corner shooter (he sees him everyday in training, so seems unlikely but moving on).

I could go on, but i am sure you see my point. Bottom line we have no fucking clue of why that is, but to say the reason we score is because Mount did not take the corners is such a flawed logic Nikki.

55 minutes ago, Simon1991 said:

You have absolutely NO way of knowing that's the reason.

Maybe they wanted to save the extra few meters for one of strongest pressers in the team to give him a break, maybe they wanted him at the edge of the box as he's one of the best shooters from range in this team. Maybe they wanted an in-swinger because they found Schmeichel is bad with those. Maybe TT agrees with you and all of a sudden realized he was a bad corner shooter (he sees him everyday in training, so seems unlikely but moving on).

I could go on, but i am sure you see my point. Bottom line we have no fucking clue of why that is, but to say the reason we score is because Mount did not take the corners is such a flawed logic Nikki.

he's the only shooter from range we've got. 😟

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Interesting stat here: 

• Chelsea have scored 10 Premier League goals via corners this season, more than any other team. Indeed, the Blues last bagged more goals from corners in a single top-flight campaign in 2016-17 (13).

4 hours ago, MetsajCFC said:

Interesting stat here: 

• Chelsea have scored 10 Premier League goals via corners this season, more than any other team. Indeed, the Blues last bagged more goals from corners in a single top-flight campaign in 2016-17 (13).

It helps that we have CBs who can score - Silva, Rudiger and Zouma.

Also helps when we don't have Willian taking our set pieces anymore! 

3 hours ago, Jas said:

It helps that we have CBs who can score - Silva, Rudiger and Zouma.

Also helps when we don't have Willian taking our set pieces anymore! 

I think, against SU in 4:1 win at home Mount and Reece played short play after corner and after that Ziyech received the ball, and after cross Chilwell scored. Only with counting goals like that number can be 10. 

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think, against SU in 4:1 win at home Mount and Reece played short play after corner and after that Ziyech received the ball, and after cross Chilwell scored. Only with counting goals like that number can be 10. 

You're really desperate, aren't you?