Mason Mount

the wes

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Looked lost when Mount played in a double pivot.

How much of it was Mount looking lost and how much of it was Mount looking tired?

I thought Tuchel would taken the opportunity to give him a break yesterday but he didn't. It feels like we've reached the point again where Mount is suddenly being overplayed, because he's played all 10 games for club and country and started all but 1 of them in the last 4 1/2 weeks, accumulating up to 776 minutes out of 900.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2019 at 20:33, Henrique said:

This guy is not ready yet. This is not Championship.

He was painful to watch!

Henrique was/is one of Mount's biggest critics. There were countless criticism of Mount from him. Waiting for the day for Henrique to come and admit he is wrong. Coincidentally or not, has not signed in for a while, since Mount has stepped up another level 🤔

3 hours ago, different level said:

People said it was Lamps playing favourites, but it looks like Mason is proving them wrong and is on the verge of becoming a top player just like his mentor.

Would he be playing for us right now if it wasn't for Frank? Doubtful, probably wasted out on loan until somebody snapped him up. For all the things Frank did wrong (and we could list a lot), he got this one right.

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Would he be playing for us right now if it wasn't for Frank? Doubtful, probably wasted out on loan until somebody snapped him up. For all the things Frank did wrong (and we could list a lot), he got this one right.

Whether he'd have made himself an untouchable is a different question but i'm certain he would have found a way in under Sarri, he'd have probably took Barkley's role of either starting and getting replaced by Kova on the hour or being a sub and replacing him at the same stage.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Whether he'd have made himself an untouchable is a different question but i'm certain he would have found a way in under Sarri, he'd have probably took Barkley's role of either starting and getting replaced by Kova on the hour or being a sub and replacing him at the same stage.

Also doubt it. Sarri was so stubborn that he would have played the same players until retirement, by that time Mount would have been long gone.

17 minutes ago, manpe said:

Also doubt it. Sarri was so stubborn that he would have played the same players until retirement, by that time Mount would have been long gone.

I don't agree, Hudson Odoi and Loftus Cheek forced their way in, maybe belatedly but they still did.

Furthermore I think Mount's mentality sets him up as an exception who would have made it though under any manager, even Mourinho.

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't agree, Hudson Odoi and Loftus Cheek forced their way in, maybe belatedly but they still did.

Furthermore I think Mount's mentality sets him up as an exception who would have made it though under any manager, even Mourinho.

Inclined to agree.

Sarri was asked about the loanees towards the end of his season and he was interested in 2-3 players but didn't specify who.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-che-transfers-idUKKCN1SE1FR