Mason Mount

the wes

I was wrong about him not being our best attacking midfielder, he clearly is heads and shoulders above the rest. He did exactly what I asked of him and that's being more productive in the final third!

What a player he could become, if he continues to play like this.

soooo many awful takes on mount in the last few pages lol.

"Mason Mount has scored 12 and assisted 8 goals in the Premier League for #Chelsea. He’s the second-youngest player to reach 20 goals and assists for the club in the Premier League after only Arjen Robben. [via @premierleague]" tweet
(and mount played around half of those games in central midfield too)

"Shot Creating Actions
1. Mount = 109
2. Werner = 59
3. Ziyech/Reece = 46

Excluding Corners & FK’s
1. Mount = 72
2. Werner = 59
3. Reece = 44

Shot Creating Actions Per 90

1. Ziyech = 5.73 (722 mins)
2. CHO = 4.81 (823 mins)
3. Mount = 4.79 (2,047 mins)
4. Pulisic = 3.56 (987 mins)
5. Werner = 2.88 (1843 mins)"

People put expectations on him way and above other players who are/should be in their prime but regularly play awful yet receive much less criticism. He was a top 2 player for us last season and is by far the best performing player for us this season... He is a 7/10 at minimum each game and often times closer to an 8/10 (and going by average player ratings per game on various stats sites, he is by far our best player).

As to the grealish comparisons, at 22 years old (mount’s current age), grealish was putting up 3g5a in the championship lmao... Not to mention that mount last year at 20/21yo in his first ever PL season had virtually the same stats in the PL as grealish (mount had 7g6a and grealish had 8g6a, and mount was being moved all over the pitch and played in central midfield a lot). Give the kid some time and stop demanding perfection from him, it’s getting ridiculous. He is by far our best presser (something tuchel loves for his system), he has a great shot on him, is amazing at set pieces, links the play between defence and attack brilliantly, is amazing at creating shots for others (among the best in PL) as well as chances (also among the best in PL among top players in their prime like fernandes, de bruyne etc)... Yes he takes corners/set pieces and some of the chances come from those but that is also the case for fernandes, de bruyne and others but they don’t get slated for that (funny how that works lol).

So many legends of the game rate him very highly (JT, Ash Cole, Lineker, roy keane, etc), so many top managers rate him very highly too from tuchel to klopp to others, the stats show he’s amazing but listing through the last few pages you’d think he’s an absolute bum. People asked if we’d want buy him if he was available, a 22 yr old stud and and star in the making who does everything on the pitch? no shit we would want to buy him lol (Klopp said two days ago he's for sure a 60M pound + player already). Some people need a reality check when it comes to their understanding of what constitutes a great player...He is here to stay and will be a key part of the team for years to come, no matter how many people on here and on twitter slate him unfairly.

Edited by oldportblue

Remember the Oscar-Mount comparison? This straight from Oscar himself. lol

https://talksport.com/football/844250/oscar-dream-retire-Chelsea-mason-mount-john-terry-frank-lampard-eden-hazard/

“I like him,” Oscar finished.

“Sometimes he doesn’t play like me but sometimes, I watch him and I can see a little bit of me there because I also came into Chelsea when I was so young and played good football.

“I really like him. He has everything you need to improve. He scores goals, he does some important things and he knows how to defend and attack. I really like him.”

20 hours ago, Jason said:

Remember the Oscar-Mount comparison? This straight from Oscar himself. lol

https://talksport.com/football/844250/oscar-dream-retire-Chelsea-mason-mount-john-terry-frank-lampard-eden-hazard/

“I like him,” Oscar finished.

“Sometimes he doesn’t play like me but sometimes, I watch him and I can see a little bit of me there because I also came into Chelsea when I was so young and played good football.

“I really like him. He has everything you need to improve. He scores goals, he does some important things and he knows how to defend and attack. I really like him.”

What seems to be forgotten given his average last 2/3 years is Oscar was pretty promising when he first came on to the scene.

If Mount can become was Oscar was suppose to have turned into I won't be complaining. 

• 2 weeks later...