Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

19. Mason Mount


the wes
 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

Not sure if Mount is the main man for that under Tuchel but if he's not playing as an attacker, then what is he supposed to do? What is his role in this team?

The one thing I'd say is Mount gets away with A LOT of things on the pitch with the fans (more pertinent elsewhere), because he came from the academy. If he misses a chance, fluffs a final ball, makes poor decisions etc (and they have happened a lot), not many fans will complain at all. But if it's Werner, Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech etc, there will be outrage among the fans. Sure, people will argue that Mount cost nothing while the others cost a lot of money but screw that. If people are gonna hold the others to high standards, top level standards, then it should be the same with Mount as well. 

Just another reason why I want to steer away from the 343 being a permanent formation/system next season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is 2020 and people still think Barkley will become good...

Scored a hattrick tonight and made an assist for Vitesse in their Europa League playoff match against Ado Den Haag. What a season this lad is having. I think that is double figures for both goals and

Posted Images

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Just another reason why I want to steer away from the 343 being a permanent formation/system next season. 

If we go to a back 4, then the only position I see Mount is suitable for is a B2B midfielder in a 4-3-3. Tuchel already said he's not good in the pivot while he's not creative enough to be the #10 in a 4-2-3-1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jas said:

If we go to a back 4, then the only position I see Mount is suitable for is a B2B midfielder in a 4-3-3. Tuchel already said he's not good in the pivot while he's not creative enough to be the #10 in a 4-2-3-1. 

When did Tuchel say that Mount is not good enough in a pivot? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

When did Tuchel say that Mount is not good enough in a pivot? 

"He has played the last few games in a double six role, which I don’t think is the best position for him..."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/thomas-tuchel-Chelsea-fc-mason-mount-b935514.html

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to finally see people who agree with me. People say it is double standard but I have a theory why he is so regular under Tuchel and I explained it on Tuchel thread last night. He is one of 3 attackers but expectations are different from him. He now has 4 horrible games in a row and he will still start in the final. This is not the case with every other player. And is it coincidence that he did not play against City we put great offensive performance with 2 goals, 3 disallowed goals and other chances... He is back and this shit for 4 games. Basically today only open play goal in this period of 360mins.

Basically like Belgium last World Cup always plays 433 but for big games like semi final against France they added extra midfielder for Mertens and KDB was most attacking player after Lukaku and Hazard. It is all Tuchels pragmatism.

Mount has worst g/a per minute ratio of all our attacking players even if you count all his set pieces but he played like 1500-2000mins more than Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO. 

If someone puts gun on my head and says your life depends on guessing it right and asks Mount plays next 5 games 90mins what will he do? I would say 0g 0a or 1g 0a and I would survive, for all other mentioned players I would say bigger numbers.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Nice to finally see people who agree with me. People say it is double standard but I have a theory why he is so regular under Tuchel and I explained it on Tuchel thread last night. He is one of 3 attackers but expectations are different from him. He now has 4 horrible games in a row and he will still start in the final. This is not the case with every other player. And is it coincidence that he did not play against City we put great offensive performance with 2 goals, 3 disallowed goals and other chances... He is back and this shit for 4 games. Basically today only open play goal in this period of 360mins.

Basically like Belgium last World Cup always plays 433 but for big games like semi final against France they added extra midfielder for Mertens and KDB was most attacking player after Lukaku and Hazard. It is all Tuchels pragmatism.

Mount has worst g/a per minute ratio of all our attacking players even if you count all his set pieces but he played like 1500-2000mins more than Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO. 

If someone puts gun on my head and says your life depends on guessing it right and asks Mount plays next 5 games 90mins what will he do? I would say 0g 0a or 1g 0a and I would survive, for all other mentioned players I would say bigger numbers.

 

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahhahaha. This is the single post pathetic, sad and asenine shit I have read on the internet ever. And the internet is filled with sad, pathetic and asenine shits.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, R2D2 said:

This guy winning the player of the year is seriously the most laughable thing I've seen in our history, he can't shoot to save his life, has minimal influence in games, compare this guy to Mendy, Rudiger and Kante, complete laughing stock to say at least he won it above those 3.

Wow. Talk about knee jerk reaction. Ridiculous post. Rudiger wasn't even in the team for first few months. It is funny because rewind this few weeks ago against Real Madrid, he was getting so much praise. Few bad games which is normal for any 22 year old. The posts which criticize him for needing to do a bit more, that is fair, but suggesting he is a ridiculous choice of POTY is ridiculous.

Edited by Stats
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

a couple of painful misses but at least looked lively. Did bettr in the last game last season. just as therest of the teamhas not been the same since arsenal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Stats said:

Wow. Talk about knee jerk reaction. Ridiculous post. Rudiger wasn't even in the team for first few months. It is funny because rewind this few weeks ago against Real Madrid, he was getting so much praise. Few bad games which is normal for any 22 year old. The posts which criticize him for needing to do a bit more, that is far, but suggesting he is a ridiculous choice of POTY is ridiculous.

He is a ridiculous POTY winner without any shadow of a doubt, who cares he had a few good matches, Kante, Rudiger and Mendy all bossed it in almost every single games they started, this guy strotted in at least half of the matches he started doing feck all, he misses all kind of shots and even some passes, we went out against Tottenham in the Cup only because of him and his inability to hit one of the easiest pass in history and after proceeded to miss the penalty, he really shouldn't be winning the award, yet again this award started to be a joke anyways the moment Willian won it.

Edited by R2D2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus. 22 year old who isn’t consistent gets slaughtered after a team loss.

Yet again, insufferable reading some of the absolute pish against some of our players by the usuals who say fuck all when hes doing well and only ever seem to care when this team is losing games so they can bitch about certain players.

“Ridiculous choice for POTY”, ok..... 

Yes there are other players who could have got it, maybe so, but isnt that the same with POTY every season more or less? Theres usually 2/3 players people think aye he could get it. 

hace 4 minutos, Mana dijo:

I always found Mount to be a bog standard/average player. Never saw why people love Mount so much. I kept quiet a lot about this player because he has been "alright" with a sprinkle of good performances (like Real Madrid).

It boggles the mind how he's the player of the season. He's hardly been consistent. Has everyone forgotten about Mendy? Silva? These players have been more consistent with their performances than Mount. He is the most frustrating (regular) youth in the squad. Firing blanks, losing the ball...

My POTY goes to Mendy, not Mount. The only thing I can say about Mount is...he is the BEST out of the bad bunch of the attacking players.

Mendy and Silva maybe can be up there no doubt, 100% but Silva hasn’t not exactly had some bad games/moments plus people tend to forget how bad our defence was with Frank where Silva played and made high profile mistakes/bad games.

Mendy or Mount would of been my shout and luckily nobody had said about Werner being POTY in which I think I would delete my account if I had seen anyone put it...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stats said:

Just look at the contrast from pages 63-65 to now. I don't like the term 'plastic' fans but sometimes I think I agree when I see fans sail like the wind after a little dip in form. Unbelievable. LOL.

Just check the Tuchel thread...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will sum up his season with some stats and numbers 😀

If you take away relegated teams and set pieces he has 1 goals and 0 assists this season. 

4 of his 6 goals this season in PL came against 3 relegated teams. Plus one penalty. So only goal at Anfield is significant. 

5 assists but 4 from set pieces (and if last 3 games are anything to go by he is taken off from taking any). So next season I wont have to say he has 1 or 2 open play assists, I will just say he has 1 or 2 assists.

He cannot justify his status in team with numbers like this. It would be ok if he is CM but he is basically playing now Willian position, and no doubt Willian would get a lot of shit from our fans if he put numbers like this. They are not different at all. Mount 1 goal last 13 games for example. He also scored against 4th division team, made one of his 3 open play assists this season against Championship team...

I see a lot of talk how he improved a lot this season but numbers do not show it:

Last season when Mount played almost full season as CM or number 8 he produced better numbers then this season when he is much more attacking player.

19/20 season:

7 goals 5 assists - 2874 mins. But goals scored against some good teams like LC, Wolves... And 2 open play assists.

20/21:

6 goals 5 assists 2893 mins.  But one pen, 4 goals against relegated teams and just one open play assists against Fulham. Again, he is much more offensive this season.

Dont get me wrong, Mount had better season in my book then Kai, Hakim and Puli because they underperformed but he played to his best abilities and did expected.

But still goals get you wins, and even those underperforming players are likely to do something in the final 3rd. 

11 easiest games he played this season are against 3 relegated teams x2 plus Krasnodar, Luton, Barnsley, Morecambe and SU in Cup. So in other 42 he played he has 3 goals and 1 open play assist.

Shots this season in PL:

Mount 82

Werner 79

Pulisic 43

Ziyech 35

James 34

Havertz 33...

He did not missed big chances like others but he is wasteful a lot because he shots a lot from situations where he should find better solution.

Another reason why he has just 3 open play assists in PL in almost 6000mins as AM/winger for top team. CHO has 8 last 2 season in less than 2000mins. Kai, Timo, Puli, Hakim, CHO, Ben, Azpi are all better in this department a lot.

 

2 hours ago, R2D2 said:

This guy winning the player of the year is seriously the most laughable thing I've seen in our history, he can't shoot to save his life, has minimal influence in games, compare this guy to Mendy, Rudiger and Kante, complete laughing stock to say at least he won it above those 3.

Definitely but was expected. We have 2nd best defense in the league while 8th best attack. Mount has worst g/a per minute in that attack and he is our POTY. Zero sense. 

Some of the games without him starting:

Chelsea: Palace 4:0

Krasnodar:Chelsea 0:4

Sevilla:Chelsea 0:4

Chelsea: Everton 2:0

Chelsea:Atletico 2:0

City:Chelsea 1:2

Wolves at home was the game where we had most possession this season 79%. So nothing suggest he is important for us that much.

Can I say it this way... I rate him a bit, but I rate Timo, Kai, Puli more. Even CHO I would say in terms of future and input in the final 3rd. Plus almost 2 years younger.

But I did not change my mind about him at all last 18 months. When pundits or some legends speak of him so highly I dont know on what is that based? Willock in around 1000 mins for Newcastle did more that Mount full season. And he is definitely overrated a lot by our fans. I saw some being surprised he is not in someones team of the year?!

Please do not start him TT in the final. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stats said:

Just look at the contrast from pages 63-65 to now. I don't like the term 'plastic' fans but sometimes I think I agree when I see fans sail like the wind after a little dip in form. Unbelievable. LOL.

This. I mean, I do understand that people are upset after a loss, but to single out mount? Really?

Absolutely loathe some of what is written. Look at what @NikkiCFC wrote. It's just abhorring. It's like people made up their minds last season, and now every time the kid has a poor game, they would be here to say "I told you so". Fucking hell, I have seen messi have stinkers. Did anyone watch the semis in 2012 against Barca. Absolute stinkers. 

WE have such an amazing talent in our ranks and some "fans" (the word is used very lightly here) would rather bitch and moan about him because they stupidly would have said something about the player an year ago, and now rather than accept their mistake, need to inflate their egos by coming on here and saying "I told you so". Absolutely vile and pathetic. I would love to see some of such fans at the bridge trying to boo and bad mouth mount. Would be set in their place within a bloody minute

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Justo ahora, Mana dijo:

Silva only had like 2 bad games. Both are West Brom. Mendy had poor games under Lamps when the whole team was being poor INCLUDING Mount.

I just don't think Mount is POTY material.

Well I suppose all the fans who voted him POTY are wrong then? When hes probably been our most vital player under Tuchel... if you like him or not, the difference with him and without is huge.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well I suppose all the fans who voted him POTY are wrong then? When hes probably been our most vital player under Tuchel... if you like him or not, the difference with him and without is huge.

Not really, we played better in games he has not played. Twice against City for example

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

the difference with him and without is huge.

Just curious, how are you judging this exactly? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Randomshit said:

This. I mean, I do understand that people are upset after a loss, but to single out mount? Really?

Absolutely loathe some of what is written. Look at what @NikkiCFC wrote. It's just abhorring. It's like people made up their minds last season, and now every time the kid has a poor game, they would be here to say "I told you so". Fucking hell, I have seen messi have stinkers. Did anyone watch the semis in 2012 against Barca. Absolute stinkers. 

WE have such an amazing talent in our ranks and some "fans" (the word is used very lightly here) would rather bitch and moan about him because they stupidly would have said something about the player an year ago, and now rather than accept their mistake, need to inflate their egos by coming on here and saying "I told you so". Absolutely vile and pathetic. I would love to see some of such fans at the bridge trying to boo and bad mouth mount. Would be set in their place within a bloody minute

 

Look guys @Puliiszola is back with different account. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
hace 6 minutos, Vybz Kartel dijo:

Not really, we played better in games he has not played. Twice against City for example

2 games? Over the course of a season? Really? When he’s played over 50 games. When he was very good v Real Madrid in both legs which was our best performance arguably with Tuchel? No?

hace 5 minutos, Mana dijo:

The fans voted for him because he was in Chelsea since he was 7.

These are the same fans who wanted to keep Lampard until the end of the season when things were going bad.

Maybe but you’d think he was a league 1 player by the surprise he was even in the running for POTY and the general response on him when the results don’t go our way is baffling and ridiculously naive 75% of the time. I mean did anyone expect him not to be? Really?

Edited by OneMoSalah
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well I suppose all the fans who voted him POTY are wrong then? When hes probably been our most vital player under Tuchel... if you like him or not, the difference with him and without is huge.

I also voted for Mount, but his competition apart from Silva and Mendy was pretty bad. Silva obviously is on another level, but defenders rarely win such things. Willian also won POTY and he was never a WC player

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...