Mason Mount

the wes

Just now, Fernando said:

Don't worry he will be run to the ground and dip in form come January-February. Then we will hear the Lampard son comments. :D

Judging by Lampard's recent comments about Mount, he probably has a burner account or two on social media (no, not his IG account). He seems to be in tune with what's being said...

Not a good match from him. Lost many tackles and made some weird passes. One of them that almost cost us.
Positives were his one great shot in the second half and he had one good dribbling in the first half.
His pressing was not nearly as good as against other teams. Kante did not look great either, but Kova looked amazing

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I thought Mount was one of our better players actually 
Mount won one tackle. Kovacic won 4 tackles, while Kante won three tackles. Kovacic had three interceptions, Mount 0 and Kante 1. Mount lost the ball 11 times, Kante 8 times and Kovacic 6 times. And like I pointed out in my post. One pass was very bad because it led to a spurs counter in the first half.

Stats back me up

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Mount won one tackle. Kovacic won 4 tackles, while Kante won three tackles. Kovacic had three interceptions, Mount 0 and Kante 1. Mount lost the ball 11 times, Kante 8 times and Kovacic 6 times. And like I pointed out in my post. One pass was very bad because it led to a spurs counter in the first half.

Stats back me up

Very selective stats that highlight the fact Kovacic and Kante have more to their defensive game. 

Felt Mount was the only midfielder looking to make things happen. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Very selective stats that highlight the fact Kovacic and Kante have more to their defensive game. 

Felt Mount was the only midfielder looking to make things happen. 

Agreed. Had a good competitive game and produced a fantastic shot from afar. Took a WC save from Lloris to stop that from going in.

Kepa would've let that one in 10 out of 10. :)

The thing is as good as he looked today, he really is not scoring enough shots. He takes a lot and very seldom scores. but Imagine 22 yo frank Lampard in these situation he sure scored those back in the day. 
Mount just lacks the power albeit his technique is good and he usually places it well

10 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The thing is as good as he looked today, he really is not scoring enough shots. He takes a lot and very seldom scores. but Imagine 22 yo frank Lampard in these situation he sure scored those back in the day. 
Mount just lacks the power albeit his technique is good and he usually places it well

Actually if you look at the stats, when Frank was 22 right before we got him he had only scored 40 club goals. Mason is 21 and has 6 less in his career. I know you mean more the taking shots/technical side of it and maybe the power at times could be more but his goal record isn’t that bad so far in his career. The growth has to be there in terms of frequency of his goals and assists as we seen the barren run he had last year but also comparing any young English midfielder to Lampard, Gerrard or Scholes in regards to shooting is a tough one because those 3 were top of the range in terms of shooting from long range and two of them were two of the best goal scoring midfielders of their generation. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Actually if you look at the stats, when Frank was 22 right before we got him he had only scored 40 club goals. Mason is 21 and has 6 less in his career. I know you mean more the taking shots/technical side of it and maybe the power at times could be more but his goal record isn’t that bad so far in his career. The growth has to be there in terms of frequency of his goals and assists as we seen the barren run he had last year but also comparing any young English midfielder to Lampard, Gerrard or Scholes in regards to shooting is a tough one because those 3 were top of the range in terms of shooting from long range and two of them were two of the best goal scoring midfielders of their generation. 

Yeah but Mason scored the bulk of his goals in weak eredivisie whilst lamps scored them at top level. 
admittedly it is a steep bechmark esp as there are not many goalscoring midfielders around apart from Penandes these days. But whats the point of taking shots if you don’t have the Power to score them. We need a player who can threaten from range to have an extra dimension to our play . Right now we don’t have one 

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Mount has been playing as deeper cm this season, frank lampard played as advanced cm. If Mount scoring number as deeper cm is close to Lamp, then we probably have all timer in our hand. 

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

The ironic thing about this is you lot would be criticizing Lampard for this and that had social media been as prominent back then as it is now. Easy to sit here and say what you said when no doubt Lampard had imperfection in his game at 22 years old.