Mason Mount

the wes

Pressing ok, but quality passing? Since he is here, I have never been impressed with his passing skills.

65 games for Chelsea 3 assists from open play. Against Burnley when he took corner and ball came back to him so he had another chance with all the players in the box, against Championship team this season in 6:0 win where Tammy should take all the credit for that first Havertz goal and in the last round last season against Wolves which would be his only assist in his Chelsea career you would expect players in his position to have regularly. We all remember Spurs this season when he had easy pass for Werner but he failed and this happened many other times: Arsenal FA cup final, City in the league... 

31 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pressing ok, but quality passing? Since he is here, I have never been impressed with his passing skills.

65 games for Chelsea 3 assists from open play. Against Burnley when he took corner and ball came back to him so he had another chance with all the players in the box, against Championship team this season in 6:0 win where Tammy should take all the credit for that first Havertz goal and in the last round last season against Wolves which would be his only assist in his Chelsea career you would expect players in his position to have regularly. We all remember Spurs this season when he had easy pass for Werner but he failed and this happened many other times: Arsenal FA cup final, City in the league... 

I think you're confusing passing with creativity/vision here...

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

That simple pass for Werner against Spurs has nothing to do with creativity. I would expect Zouma to make those. 

Not sit here and argue about Mount's passing quality but you're being ridiculous if you use that one incident to basically say his passing quality isn't great, when every player, even the best ones, has screwed up passes like that at some point in their career.

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not sit here and argue about Mount's passing quality but you're being ridiculous if you use that one incident to basically say his passing quality isn't great, when every player, even the best ones, has screwed up passes like that at some point in their career.

That is not one incident, like I mentioned examples it happened many times. And this is most simple passes we are talking about. 

I never heard people praising Mount's passing so this is new to me and the reason I posted Frank's quote. 

Before it was always: he's a motor, engine, V8, nitro etc... And I agree with that. 

But passing I really don't remember one wow moment? 

I really like those long diagonal passes because they look good on eye and are effective. I remember even Zouma, Rudiger doing this this but not Mason. Imo in passing he is only better than Kante in our midfield. 

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

That is not one incident, like I mentioned examples it happened many times. And this is most simple passes we are talking about. 

I never heard people praising Mount's passing so this is new to me and the reason I posted Frank's quote. 

Before it was always: he's a motor, engine, V8, nitro etc... And I agree with that. 

But passing I really don't remember one wow moment? 

I really like those long diagonal passes because they look good on eye and are effective. I remember even Zouma, Rudiger doing this this but not Mason. Imo in passing he is only better than Kante in our midfield. 

Do you have a Mount criticism quota to fill or something? I don't know why you're so keen to jump on Mount's back here just because of a comment Lampard made. 

There are things in Mount's game right now that frustrate me but considering he's still only 21 years old, some margin for error has to be given and I don't understand why you have to criticize him every time he does something bad. When he does something well, you barely say a word. When he does something bad, there's suddenly like "I told you so" posts. 

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

65 games for Chelsea 3 assists from open play. Against Burnley when he took corner and ball came back to him so he had another chance with all the players in the box, against Championship team this season in 6:0 win where Tammy should take all the credit for that first Havertz goal and in the last round last season against Wolves which would be his only assist in his Chelsea career you would expect players in his position to have regularly. 

Well there's also been goals where Mount did the work that was deserving of the assist but didn't get it (Alonso Vs Spurs and Giroud Vs Watford for example) and IIRC you were the first to dismiss his contributions to those goals.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Well there's also been goals where Mount did the work that was deserving of the assist but didn't get it (Alonso Vs Spurs and Giroud Vs Watford for example) and IIRC you were the first to dismiss his contributions to those goals.

But whatever helps to float there boat and fuel their "Anti-Mount" agenda. 

It obviously cant be easy trying to keep up this charade against mount without making absolute BS arguments from thin air. So I really wont waste my time arguing with a couple of posters on here regarding Mount. He is quality, a main stay for club and country and he is going to be a class player for us for a decade. 

just parking this here so we no longer have to hear false claims that Messi never comment favourably on Mount

one would think that this was not needed, but based off a new interaction just now, it apparently is

Topps are the biggest sports trading card firm in the world

Topps has a European division, which is based in Milton Keynes, that deals with football

they have a promo deal with Messi

'He can be one of the best': Messi's quotes about Mount resurface after recent criticism

Mount has recently received harsh criticism from a lot of Chelsea and England fans.

Messi named Mason Mount as one of the 15 prodigies who he believes can be the future of the game, as reported by The Mirror.

Messi was the primary contributor for a Topps ‘Lionel Messi-Designed Set’ card pack.

Messi said about Mount, "Having watched him play, he has the potential to be one of the best."

Christian Pulisic and Kai Havertz were the other two Chelsea stars selected by Messi for this list.

ImageETQD1khXsActndQ?format=jpg&name=medium

Having a massive game against Rennes.

Assist aside, that control from Chilwell's pass was something else... high ball surrounded by 2 players and he manages to keep possession by lobbing the ball around with perfect touches.

He can play anywhere - very rounded player. @DDA might be right about CM position, but I guess that depends on the system. Often he is actually a CM even if "on paper" his position is slightly higher on the pitch.

Underrated!

Another great game from him.

Just can't understand how this lad can get some stick by some of our fans (and England's fans), this guy is an absolute beast!  Honestly people not rating him are clueless about football.