Mason Mount

the wes

36 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

MOUNT.thumb.jpg.4d16fe1d27e2d296a6dd226336f93b65.jpgI dont understand this bit. Hes VERY STRONG at key passes yet his weakness is Passing?

that's a strange one 🤔🤔 the thing I like about him his late runs into the box to score goals the way lamps use to do we miss a midfielder that does that 

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

I'm a fan of mount I just dont think he's ready for the PL I think needs to bulk up to be ready for the PL cause the PL physical league he's still in a boy's body lamps and RLC were build like men when they were 19 year old 

Dont think it matters how someones built cause they still get kicked about the pitch MAYBE hes a crafty bugga and can shirk them off??? Hes alot more agile and seems fitter than RLC. and scores/assists much more. Tho I know its a diff league/country.

8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Dont think it matters how someones built cause they still get kicked about the pitch MAYBE hes a crafty bugga and can shirk them off??? Hes alot more agile and seems fitter than RLC. and scores/assists much more. Tho I know its a diff league/country.

the midfield area in the PL is like a battle field not like the Dutch league I just think another loan spell would do him a world off good in the Germany League or French league what do you think? 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

the midfield area in the PL is a like a battle field not like the Dutch league I just think another loan spell would do him a world off good in the Germany League or French league what do you think? 

The wee baldy man manages ok.

Me. I think I would keep him on site. Give him the odd moments (tho more than the young lads got this season) in the 1st team. Training, getting to know the workings, used to the atmosphere etc. The way Happy was getting on.

It might be worth a low PL loan but i always think thats dangerous in case they get attached and want to stay.

This next step is a big one for him and us.

7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

MOUNT.thumb.jpg.4d16fe1d27e2d296a6dd226336f93b65.jpgI dont understand this bit. Hes VERY STRONG at key passes yet his weakness is Passing?

I think what they mean is that his overall passing game is not solid but his key passes are. It is still weird bc this implies a) that he in general has the technical ability to complete reguöar passes as he does woth key passes and b ) that his key passes have such high completion rate that the reason for his weak regular passing can not be that he tries and fails key passes too often. Anyway both is wrong. His overall passing game is quite decent

10 hours ago, the wes said:

I'm a fan of mount I just dont think he's ready for the PL I think needs to bulk up to be ready for the PL cause the PL physical league he's still in a boy's body lamps

Maybe but on the other hand, you have someone like Trent Alexander-Arnold, who is only 19 years old and hardly looks big, playing in defence and helping Liverpool to reach the Champions League. Then there's also the case where Spurs bought and started playing a 19-year-old Dele Alli in their starting XI 3 years ago.

10 hours ago, Unionjack said:

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think what they mean is that his overall passing game is not solid but his key passes are. It is still weird bc this implies a) that he in general has the technical ability to complete reguöar passes as he does woth key passes and b ) that his key passes have such high completion rate that the reason for his weak regular passing can not be that he tries and fails key passes too often. Anyway both is wrong. His overall passing game is quite decent

Key passes is the combination of key passes, assists and  big chances created. Passing is pretty much a general accurate vs inaccurate passes.

The reason why Mason's passing is considered weak is because he has a low average passes per game (23.8 per game) and completes 77.8 % of them. 

Fabregas for example has his passing as very strong. He averages 68.4 passes per game and completes 83.5 % of them. 

Mason simply isn't giving enough passes.

The more passes a player has per game (with a high pass succes %) the higher they will rate him. 

12 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Key passes is the combination of key passes, assists and  big chances created. Passing is pretty much a general accurate vs inaccurate passes.

The reason why Mason's passing is considered weak is because he has a low average passes per game (23.8 per game) and completes 77.8 % of them. 

Fabregas for example has his passing as very strong. He averages 68.4 passes per game and completes 83.5 % of them. 

Mason simply isn't giving enough passes.

The more passes a player has per game (with a high pass succes %) the higher they will rate him. 

This is why stats dont really mean a thing. It doesn't even give peeps an idea of how good a player is.

It could be say if a player is said to be a good dribbler with a hogh %age. He might only dribble 5 feet before he runs into someone or loses the ball.

It may be better proof for someone who takes shots on goal tho..

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

This is why stats dont really mean a thing. It doesn't even give peeps an idea of how good a player is.

It could be say if a player is said to be a good dribbler with a hogh %age. He might only dribble 5 feet before he runs into someone or loses the ball.

It may be better proof for someone who takes shots on goal tho..

That's not really true. Stats do mean something you just have to take the time to understand how they get them and then use your head when using them to argue your point.

That's where using multiple stats comes in. For example if someone were to claim a player only offers his dribbling people could then post that player's chance created stats and completely debunk that person's claim that the player in question is just a dribbler and nothing more.  ;)

13 hours ago, the wes said:

I'm a fan of mount I just dont think he's ready for the PL I think needs to bulk up to be ready for the PL cause the PL physical league he's still in a boy's body lamps and RLC were build like men when they were 19 year old 

I mean Morata isn't small and he went down easy this season. A player will adapt to the physical demands of the league if needs be and some players are stronger than they look. Plenty players who aren't that physically strong but they cope well in the league. 

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't watched Mason at Vitesse but this video makes me wish that I had. This is one of the most impressive highlight packages I've seen of a Chelsea youngster. It's not the number of spectacular things he does which are impressive, it's the number of ordinary things he does spectacularly well. When a player receives possession, nine times out of ten, the next thing he needs to do is something simple. Find a footballer who does those things exceptionally well on a consistent basis and you've got a player. Add the ability to do special things when the opportunity is there, and you have a player who is at the level where he can be considered for a place at Chelsea.

Most of the action shows Mason doing what I think is the very best that could be done in the situation, and only twice do I think he's shown doing less well than should have been expected. Those two clips obviously shouldn't have made the cut. :)

He seemingly had a wonderful year. he looks like he is gonna make it into the first team eventually. I think he will stay with us during the summer and impress, eventually going on loan to a PL or championship team. 

We need to give him a chance in first team. Reminds me of Zielinski if we compare it to Sarri's Napoli. Him and RLC could fight for that attacking midfield spot in midfield 3 with Kante as DM and new player alongside. 

On 15/06/2018 at 5:36 AM, jernej93 said:

We need to give him a chance in first team. Reminds me of Zielinski if we compare it to Sarri's Napoli. Him and RLC could fight for that attacking midfield spot in midfield 3 with Kante as DM and new player alongside. 

U forgot we have Barkley who could take one them attacking midfield spots aswell