Mason Mount

the wes

43 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Credit where it’s due what a strike. Vindicated his selection today. He does raise his game when the pressure is on. Same with ManU and Wolves last season. Still should not start in a4231 when puli and ziyech are available

I don't think we have the mids for a 4-2-31. Kova and kante have shown a number of times that they can't play together. Our best bet is a 4-1-4-1 with kai and mount as no. 8s. 

I don't think we have the mids for a 4-2-31. Kova and kante have shown a number of times that they can't play together. Our best bet is a 4-1-4-1 with kai and mount as no. 8s. 

Same here, this is what I hope to see.

Mendy

James/Azpi CB CB Chilwell

Kante/Rice

Havertz Mount

Ziyech Pulisic

Werner

8 hours ago, killer1257 said:

According to Hasselbaink, the GK of WBA should have saved that goal.

Nevertheless, good performance and was one of the positives today.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

According to EVERYONE, we could/should not have conceded a single goal if we had not made individual howlers (which are somehow also FL's mistakes :P:P). It does not mean anything. Mount atleast took the onus on himself. TO show grit and fight. His goal set us up. His performance uplifted. For all the quality Kai and werner possess, they were literally invisible. 

Fans should start appreciating what we are getting out of Mount. He is literally the only one gelling this team. 

Good to see him getting a lot of praise, but the Jekyll and Hyde fanbase will soon be down his neck slating him a in a couple weeks or so if he puts in a sub-standard performance. No patience with fans at all.

He's so much better in the central midfield role. In fact, I somewhat prefer him to Kovacic. He brings much more attacking impetus than Kovacic who is even more inept in attack than Kante.

Lamps should play this midfield going forward

Mount - Havertz

Kante

19 hours ago, Stats said:

Good to see him getting a lot of praise, but the Jekyll and Hyde fanbase will soon be down his neck slating him a in a couple weeks or so if he puts in a sub-standard performance. No patience with fans at all.

Actually you are wrong, even when he played well, he still got slated 😂😂

Him taking the LAST penalty says it all really. He's top gun in the squad according to Frank. He obviously sees something in him that we dont. Fair enough as hes the manager, but honestly I just dont know.
Many people on TC see also something in him, so Lampard is not the only one..

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Many people on TC see also something in him, so Lampard is not the only one..

If Lampard ends up leaving, I'd be surprised if the next coach has him in his starting eleven.

If Lampard ends up leaving, I'd be surprised if the next coach has him in his starting eleven.
I think Poch might play him too. Poch loved Delle Alli, even though he was also not good enough. Alli and Mount are similar apart from their personalities

Him taking the LAST penalty says it all really. He's top gun in the squad according to Frank. He obviously sees something in him that we dont. Fair enough as hes the manager, but honestly I just dont know.
You could also say a lot of the time a pen shootout doesn't go to number 5 so he put him at no. 5 for that reason.

For example jorginho went 3rd who is obviously our pen taker. So I don't think you can say that makes him top gun. If Werner ain't taking one then mount taking one is fine. He missed a different day he doesn't. It happens.

Who cares about his pen anyway. I love mount but he had a bad game today which was more frustrating than his pen miss. But like most of our players so far they have had some good ones and bad ones. This was a bad game for him. But it happens with all players.