Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

19. Mason Mount

the wes
Followers 7

True. The reason people started taking the mickey was because FL overplayed him even at LW when we had CHO and then Southgate starts him when Grealish was on form, both reasons were not his fault.

Hopefully the hate and memes of Mount dies down, he seems like a nice fella.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is 2020 and people still think Barkley will become good...

Scored a hattrick tonight and made an assist for Vitesse in their Europa League playoff match against Ado Den Haag. What a season this lad is having. I think that is double figures for both goals and

Posted Images

Would be nice if Lampard starts playing Mount as one of the three midfielders in the 4-3-3. Great game today. Also had one when used there in the 4-0 win over Everton last season.

• Like 4

His best performance in a Chelsea shirt for me. Better than Everton game last season. That's his position and as I said in the other thread, he plays like that consistently he will deservedly be one of the first name on the team sheets for Chelsea and England IMO.

I was critical last season because while he was doing the hard miles running, tackling, intercepting etc you see here today that as an 8 and not a 10/winger, he can affect the game but that other stuff is more crucial to the team in central midfield than it would be out wide or in the 10 position. You don't want your 10/wide player to be getting great stats in those tackling, miles covered, interceptions, duels won etc and not having scored/assisted/created many chances and that was unfortunately the story for him at times last season playing out of position and being kept in the team (rather foolishly) when he was underperforming. 

Keep it up and as I said above, he will be in the team for the foreseeable. He knitted things together so well and he was probably my MOTM by a good bit if I am honest.

• Like 3
Question is what other role can he play, because he is also not a no. 8 because he can't play world class passes from the deep nor is he a Arturo Vidal type of tackler. If Lampard continues with Mount like that, Lampard will eventually lose his job because he loved Mount too much 
Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

lol never seen such nonsense... he is a world class prospect at the #8 role and anyone who says otherwise either has a personal agenda against mount or simply doesn’t understand football

Was motm yesterday yet again in his actual position as #8

4d06388101ef92edbd20d43f4b1e89f6.jpg
40142fa1177eb7997d880bb5b7502b12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to admit that I missed him when Havertz was playing on the midfield. Not only Mount is 100% useless on the wings, but right now he is playing better than Havertz. I'm not saying he is a better footballer than Havertz, but right now he is definitely a better fit for the team than Havertz, if we have to choose between the two, and I think this is the case right now, considering the quality we have elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

I have to admit that I missed him when Havertz was playing on the midfield. Not only Mount is 100% useless on the wings, but right now he is playing better than Havertz. I'm not saying he is a better footballer than Havertz, but right now he is definitely a better fit for the team than Havertz, if we have to choose between the two, and I think this is the case right now, considering the quality we have elsewhere. 

Disagree I think the Burnley game showed that both can be accommodated in the midfield 3. 

I wasn't sure that Kante would have the tactical discipline to play the holding role, but so far so good and it should allow two more offensive minded players to play in front of him.

Kovacic hasn't been at his best so far this season (although he grew into the game today before he came off) but I think in the offensive midfield roles, Havertz is the better fit in there. Kovacic is better suited playing as a midfield 2. It does look like Ziyech likes to be given a free role to roam also and pick up positions inside at times. I think with Havertz operating central to him and being comfortable to play outside if required it balances the team as they can interchange. Mount seems to do the same on the left hand side at times when Werner has drifted inside. That level of flexibility should make a big difference to the fluid nature in which we look like we want to play.

I think Mount has had a lot of unnecessary criticism and been pretty much written off by a lot of people as not good enough, but he's been shunted all over the place in our side in recent months. It's good to have that versatility and willingness to play where ever to help the team but I'm glad he's getting a run in his favoured position. He's looked excellent so far playing there and provides a lot of balance with his work rate, combined with a preference to play forward and positive.

• Like 1

now,,he and Kai must be more connecting each other to more attack from the central midfield. both of them has a potential to be our Xaviesta,,because you can't always depends on winger or fullback to cross everyday in CL night. against big club like Bayern or Madrid,,Mount & Kai must be improve their dribbling skill to broke the defence and make 1-2 pass with our CF especially Werner who always run to find a space between the opponent CB....

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

A perfect no. 8. He is not a winger, not a 10, a proper 8. And long may it continue. 

Also, where the haters at?

Why would people criticise any players after 3:0 and 4:1 wins? 

But since you want to have this conversation Mount had very quiet 2 games. We scored 7 goals and he had zero influence in them. And yes, Kova outperformed him yesterday. In fact, 8 or 9 of our players did. 

Mount was great against WBA and Burnley. 2/12 this is 16.6%. He needs to put performances like that in at least 70% of games to be on required level. 

And if he ever do that it will be people like me who pushed him to do that because he is aware what people say about him. If you tell him he was good last two games you are not doing him any favours. So I'm his biggest friend here. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Why would people criticise any players after 3:0 and 4:1 wins? 

But since you want to have this conversation Mount had very quiet 2 games. We scored 7 goals and he had zero influence in them. And yes, Kova outperformed him yesterday. In fact, 8 or 9 of our players did. 

Mount was great against WBA and Burnley. 2/12 this is 16.6%. He needs to put performances like that in at least 70% of games to be on required level. 

And if he ever do that it will be people like me who pushed him to do that because he is aware what people say about him. If you tell him he was good last two games you are not doing him any favours. So I'm his biggest friend here. 

There is so much factual shit in one post, I honestly can't even try to argue.