Mason Mount

the wes

Why not? Kova is great at ball carrying but output is so poor.
If kante remains fit, then why not have 2 no.8s to push teams further and further back. And that too, 2 goal scoring no.8s. seems like a good situation.
Specially since one of that no. 8 is kai and another is one of our top 3 player of the season.

Why not? Kova is great at ball carrying but output is so poor.
If kante remains fit, then why not have 2 no.8s to push teams further and further back. And that too, 2 goal scoring no.8s. seems like a good situation.
Specially since one of that no. 8 is kai and another is one of our top 3 player of the season.

Iniesta's output was poor too, but still one of the greatest midfielders ever because he had insane creativity and dribbling abilities.

Actually, I hope Lamps sees Kai as a no. 10, RW or false 9. Paying 100 mio. Euros for Havertz and letting him play in his weakest position would be a mistake.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Iniesta's output was poor too, but still one of the greatest midfielders ever because he had insane creativity and dribbling abilities.

Actually, I hope Lamps sees Kai as a no. 10, RW or false 9. Paying 100 mio. Euros for Havertz and letting him play in his weakest position would be a mistake.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Come on bro. Let's not compare Iniesta and kova. I like kova, but his control of the game, orchestrating the plays is no way near to that level. So I honestly don't think that comparison/argument is valid. 

Point, is I don't get the idea why mount starting is an issue here. He has been one of our players of the season, at an age of 21 and only going to improve. If that is seen as a negative, then there is something majorly wrong with the fanbase 

45 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mount had 2 goals in 37 games between Southampton in early October and United FA cup semi final (thanks DDG) 10 days ago. 

He had strong start of the season and strong finish but lets not pretend he is consistent goal scoring threat. Also before Wolves one assist from open play all season. 

He is very frustrating player in the final 3rd. More than Willian actually. Speaking of consistency even after the restart he was replaced 2 times on halftime (Sheffield and Leicester) and early in the second half against Liverpool. Three horrific games for him.

Just a cameo against WH, did not play against Norwich. City was also bad offensive game for him. Missed a sitter and did not play easy pass to Puli for goal scoring chance. This is 6 from 11 games after the restart.

In other 5 he has been solid or great like the last game.

If we are really breaking down eacg poor decision making in the final 3rd please don't stop at Mount. Need to do it for kova too. For eg - liverpool. 4-3 and on a counter. Goes past a couple of pool players right at the edge of the box, and then plays a simple pass behind alonso, giving taa time to get back, and forcing alonso to go back to Rudi. Please let's do that for each and every play.

Mount also ends the season with 8 goals and 6 assists. How much does kova have?

Damn it, I am seriously stooping to some fans' level. Honestly love kova and voted for him as our player of the season. But if you find mount frustrating then kova should probably make you pull your hair out. Attaching 2 posts showing how highly I rate kova, but the problem is mount is being talked of like he had a poor season. Forget that he is 21, if a new signing had that season, we would be praising him. Fucking hell, jorginho plays a simple pass and everyone is creaming there pants, but this kid is being talked down, like seriously? 14 goals+assists, mainstay of the team, trend setter for our pressing game. Hell proud of the kid.

7 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

If we are really breaking down eacg poor decision making in the final 3rd please don't stop at Mount. Need to do it for kova too. For eg - liverpool. 4-3 and on a counter. Goes past a couple of pool players right at the edge of the box, and then plays a simple pass behind alonso, giving taa time to get back, and forcing alonso to go back to Rudi. Please let's do that for each and every play.

Mount also ends the season with 8 goals and 6 assists. How much does kova have?

Damn it, I am seriously stooping to some fans' level. Honestly love kova and voted for him as our player of the season. But if you find mount frustrating then kova should probably make you pull your hair out. Attaching 2 posts showing how highly I rate kova, but the problem is mount is being talked of like he had a poor season. Forget that he is 21, if a new signing had that season, we would be praising him. Fucking hell, jorginho plays a simple pass and everyone is creaming there pants, but this kid is being talked down, like seriously? 14 goals+assists, mainstay of the team, trend setter for our pressing game. Hell proud of the kid.

And Barkley has 5g and 5a in 2000 less minutes than Mount. RLC had 10 goals last season in less than 2000 minutes. 6 PL goals and 2 assists in just 982 mins.

I did not start this Kova vs Mount discussion because they are completely different players. With Kai, Timo, Puli and Hakim next season I would rather have two players in pivot behind and Mount cannot play this position. 

I do not expect anything in the final 3rd from guys like Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante tbh. Mount plays as most attacking midfielder or even winger sometimes.

So playing Mount as a starter would also fuck Kai because like someone else said playing him as a number 8 is his weakest position and it would not have any point. 

I am ok with Mount as squad player but our goal is to be better than Pool and City. 

His status this season in the team is for me like Lewis Baker playing 3500-4000 minutes in Chelsea in 17/18 season after amazing season in Vitesse.  But this did not happened because we are Chelsea.

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

And Barkley has 5g and 5a in 2000 less minutes than Mount. RLC had 10 goals last season in less than 2000 minutes. 6 PL goals and 2 assists in just 982 mins.

I did not start this Kova vs Mount discussion because they are completely different players. With Kai, Timo, Puli and Hakim next season I would rather have two players in pivot behind and Mount cannot play this position. 

I do not expect anything in the final 3rd from guys like Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante tbh. Mount plays as most attacking midfielder or even winger sometimes.

So playing Mount as a starter would also fuck Kai because like someone else said playing him as a number 8 is his weakest position and it would not have any point. 

I am ok with Mount as squad player but our goal is to be better than Pool and City. 

His status this season in the team is for me like Lewis Baker playing 3500-4000 minutes in Chelsea in 17/18 season after amazing season in Vitesse.  But this did not happened because we are Chelsea.

5 of barkley'a goals/assists are in less than 400 mins of cup play. He has only 5 goals+assists in PL.

Lampard has already shown or given an indication of what he will like to do. 2 no. 8s. Similar to what city has done. Or even pool with wjinaldum and shaqiri/lallana. If he plays that ways I am fine, if he plays with a double pivot with kante and kova, I am fine. I was not the one ridiculing mount in a passive aggressjve way. I can see the benefits of both systems. 

As for kai, you can easily swap kai and ziyech's position. But obviously we are buying kai as a CAM. So his positioning has got nothing at all to do with mount, cause even if we play a double pivot, he will still start as a 10 imo. But no everything is on mount, lol.

Hahahahahahahaha. Lewis Baker. Mother of God. I can argue logically, but not going to try and argue with such an asenine and stupid opinion. Really sorry for the language, but if you compare Baker's Vitesse campaign to mount being one of our best players in a season where CHELSEA FC got top4, then that's exactly what I called it. Mount was in the team when we beat city btw. When we went toe to toe with Liverpool on 2 separate occasions.

8 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Lol mount and Havertz will be pushing further and further up even as the opposition are bearing down on our goal

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Cause that's exactly what happened when Barkley and mount played as no. 8s with kante sitting against city and Watford in a brilliant defensive performance and a complete 3-0 performance, right?

Or that is what happened with city last season when they got 100 points playing with 2 of either kdb/David silva/Foden/b silva/gundogan as 8.

Lol

3 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

5 of barkley'a goals/assists are in less than 400 mins of cup play. He has only 5 goals+assists in PL.

Lampard has already shown or given an indication of what he will like to do. 2 no. 8s. Similar to what city has done. Or even pool with wjinaldum and shaqiri/lallana. If he plays that ways I am fine, if he plays with a double pivot with kante and kova, I am fine. I was not the one ridiculing mount in a passive aggressjve way. I can see the benefits of both systems. 

As for kai, you can easily swap kai and ziyech's position. But obviously we are buying kai as a CAM. So his positioning has got nothing at all to do with mount, cause even if we play a double pivot, he will still start as a 10 imo. But no everything is on mount, lol.

Hahahahahahahaha. Lewis Baker. Mother of God. I can argue logically, but not going to try and argue with such an asenine and stupid opinion. Really sorry for the language, but if you compare Baker's Vitesse campaign to mount being one of our best players in a season where CHELSEA FC got top4, then that's exactly what I called it. Mount was in the team when we beat city btw. When we went toe to toe with Liverpool on 2 separate occasions.

Yes cup games but Barkley scored amazing goal against Liverpool and winning goal in Leicester (where Mount did nothing and got replaced after 45mins). So cup but top opponets.

If Ross had 3500 minutes this season he would have double digits in both goals and assists. I know Mount offers more in terms of pressing but that is what players like him have to do because without that where would they be?

I compared Mount in Vitesse and Baker in Vitesse. Very similar season they had there. Baker scored 15 goals. We would never know, but maybe Baker would have even better season than Mount if he got a chance in Chelsea?

Season after Baker played for Middlesbrough and Tony Pullis did not like him. He was not fortunate to have someone nursing him for one more crucial year in Championship and year after in Chelsea.

For next season... Even I would look good among Kai, Hakim, Timo and Pulisic if we really play two number 8s. Fucking Bojan Krkic scored 36 goals in 104 games for Barca in LaLiga. But he had best teammates in the world. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta...

So if we really play with this formation next season it is only one reason Frank doing it. To accommodate Mount.

26 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yes cup games but Barkley scored amazing goal against Liverpool and winning goal in Leicester (where Mount did nothing and got replaced after 45mins). So cup but top opponets.

If Ross had 3500 minutes this season he would have double digits in both goals and assists. I know Mount offers more in terms of pressing but that is what players like him have to do because without that where would they be?

I compared Mount in Vitesse and Baker in Vitesse. Very similar season they had there. Baker scored 15 goals. We would never know, but maybe Baker would have even better season than Mount if he got a chance in Chelsea?

Season after Baker played for Middlesbrough and Tony Pullis did not like him. He was not fortunate to have someone nursing him for one more crucial year in Championship and year after in Chelsea.

For next season... Even I would look good among Kai, Hakim, Timo and Pulisic if we really play two number 8s. Fucking Bojan Krkic scored 36 goals in 104 games for Barca in LaLiga. But he had best teammates in the world. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta...

So if we really play with this formation next season it is only one reason Frank doing it. To accommodate Mount.

Lol. Did mount need kai, ziyech and werner to look good this season? No he did not. A top 2/3 based on performances for a team that finished 4th. I think that's good enough to be regarded as PL quality irrespective of his age and loan spells.

So by your logic, lamps played 2 no. 8s at the start of the restart to accomodate whom? Barkley? Lol. Clearly it looks like lamps would like to play that way. We are going to be a top heavy team next season. Even in midfield options it seems we might have a lot more no.8s/10s than 6s (kai, rlc, mount ziyech vs kante, Gilmour with kova covering both departments.). So we might have to tweak ourselves correspondingly.

Are we seriously comparing mount to Baker and barkley. Baker failed miserably in his championship loans. Whereas mount bossed it for derby too. I mean I can understand people makin this argument for Gallagher, but can't even take this comparison seriously.

Hmmm. Cause that's exactly what happened when Barkley and mount played as no. 8s with kante sitting against city and Watford in a brilliant defensive performance and a complete 3-0 performance, right?
Or that is what happened with city last season when they got 100 points playing with 2 of either kdb/David silva/Foden/b silva/gundogan as 8.
Lol
Hmmm. You mean Watford who didn't venture outside of their half the whole game? That brillaint defensive performance? Lol.

I'm talking about the defensive brilliance against West ham and Sheffield United before we switched to a three at the back. Even as mount continues to improve further back havertz will be the laziest cm we have. Its essentially a lop sided 4231 with Mount having to bear the brunt of the work to help the dm. Lol

I don't get the fans sometimes. If you like Kovacic, that doesn't mean you should shit on Mount to make the former look better. Or vice versa.

How is it that difficult to appreciate both for the different types of qualities they both bring to the team? Kovacic is a good shout for the club's POTY but Mount also had a cracking debut season overall and at times has been absolutely integral to the way Lampard sets up the team.

18 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Hmmm. You mean Watford who didn't venture outside of their half the whole game? That brillaint defensive performance? Lol.

I'm talking about the defensive brilliance against West ham and Sheffield United before we switched to a three at the back. Even as mount continues to improve further back havertz will be the laziest cm we have. Its essentially a lop sided 4231 with Mount having to bear the brunt of the work to help the dm. Lol

West Ham wouldn't of had a sniff had we man marked set pieces properly and Sheffield was an anomaly where virtually no one had a good performance. 

City play this system every game. 

23 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

No the brilliant defensive performance agaubst man City. Did not I mention it specifically? 

Also "Watford did not venture out of their half". Was not that the premise of the argument of pinning lower teams in their own halves. Lolol. 

Hmmm. Just the way kdb is lazy right? Lololol

West Ham wouldn't of had a sniff had we man marked set pieces properly and Sheffield was an anomaly where virtually no one had a good performance. 
City play this system every game. 
Their final goal was more than a sniff they walked through the middle of the pitch and I swear Antonio's goal was from open play too.

City play two energetic 8's. It works because they work hard. Up and down the pitch. Havertz won't do that

No the brilliant defensive performance agaubst man City. Did not I mention it specifically? 

Also "Watford did not venture out of their half". Was not that the premise of the argument of pinning lower teams in their own halves. Lolol. 

Hmmm. Just the way kdb is lazy right? Lololol

LOL. Because we hade 5 midfielders in front of the defence lol. Are you misunderstanding me, hmmmmm? Its when they are out of position we are fucked and they *are* out of position often. Quoting a game where we had either 11 men behind the ball or where countering them is irrelevant. Lol.

The Watford game had nothing to do with a solid performance by us they were cowards.

So what now hmmmm? Lolololololol

19 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

The Watford game had nothing to do with a solid performance by us they were cowards

Or maybe it was because we played well which didn't allow them to build any attacking momentum?

This exact same Watford team created about 5 clear chances against Arsenal the other day.