the wes
Followers 7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is 2020 and people still think Barkley will become good...

Scored a hattrick tonight and made an assist for Vitesse in their Europa League playoff match against Ado Den Haag. What a season this lad is having. I think that is double figures for both goals and

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Lol mount and Havertz will be pushing further and further up even as the opposition are bearing down on our goal

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Cause that's exactly what happened when Barkley and mount played as no. 8s with kante sitting against city and Watford in a brilliant defensive performance and a complete 3-0 performance, right?

Or that is what happened with city last season when they got 100 points playing with 2 of either kdb/David silva/Foden/b silva/gundogan as 8.

Lol

3 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

5 of barkley'a goals/assists are in less than 400 mins of cup play. He has only 5 goals+assists in PL.

Lampard has already shown or given an indication of what he will like to do. 2 no. 8s. Similar to what city has done. Or even pool with wjinaldum and shaqiri/lallana. If he plays that ways I am fine, if he plays with a double pivot with kante and kova, I am fine. I was not the one ridiculing mount in a passive aggressjve way. I can see the benefits of both systems. 

As for kai, you can easily swap kai and ziyech's position. But obviously we are buying kai as a CAM. So his positioning has got nothing at all to do with mount, cause even if we play a double pivot, he will still start as a 10 imo. But no everything is on mount, lol.

Hahahahahahahaha. Lewis Baker. Mother of God. I can argue logically, but not going to try and argue with such an asenine and stupid opinion. Really sorry for the language, but if you compare Baker's Vitesse campaign to mount being one of our best players in a season where CHELSEA FC got top4, then that's exactly what I called it. Mount was in the team when we beat city btw. When we went toe to toe with Liverpool on 2 separate occasions.

Yes cup games but Barkley scored amazing goal against Liverpool and winning goal in Leicester (where Mount did nothing and got replaced after 45mins). So cup but top opponets.

If Ross had 3500 minutes this season he would have double digits in both goals and assists. I know Mount offers more in terms of pressing but that is what players like him have to do because without that where would they be?

I compared Mount in Vitesse and Baker in Vitesse. Very similar season they had there. Baker scored 15 goals. We would never know, but maybe Baker would have even better season than Mount if he got a chance in Chelsea?

Season after Baker played for Middlesbrough and Tony Pullis did not like him. He was not fortunate to have someone nursing him for one more crucial year in Championship and year after in Chelsea.

For next season... Even I would look good among Kai, Hakim, Timo and Pulisic if we really play two number 8s. Fucking Bojan Krkic scored 36 goals in 104 games for Barca in LaLiga. But he had best teammates in the world. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta...

So if we really play with this formation next season it is only one reason Frank doing it. To accommodate Mount.

26 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yes cup games but Barkley scored amazing goal against Liverpool and winning goal in Leicester (where Mount did nothing and got replaced after 45mins). So cup but top opponets.

If Ross had 3500 minutes this season he would have double digits in both goals and assists. I know Mount offers more in terms of pressing but that is what players like him have to do because without that where would they be?

I compared Mount in Vitesse and Baker in Vitesse. Very similar season they had there. Baker scored 15 goals. We would never know, but maybe Baker would have even better season than Mount if he got a chance in Chelsea?

Season after Baker played for Middlesbrough and Tony Pullis did not like him. He was not fortunate to have someone nursing him for one more crucial year in Championship and year after in Chelsea.

For next season... Even I would look good among Kai, Hakim, Timo and Pulisic if we really play two number 8s. Fucking Bojan Krkic scored 36 goals in 104 games for Barca in LaLiga. But he had best teammates in the world. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta...

So if we really play with this formation next season it is only one reason Frank doing it. To accommodate Mount.

Lol. Did mount need kai, ziyech and werner to look good this season? No he did not. A top 2/3 based on performances for a team that finished 4th. I think that's good enough to be regarded as PL quality irrespective of his age and loan spells.

So by your logic, lamps played 2 no. 8s at the start of the restart to accomodate whom? Barkley? Lol. Clearly it looks like lamps would like to play that way. We are going to be a top heavy team next season. Even in midfield options it seems we might have a lot more no.8s/10s than 6s (kai, rlc, mount ziyech vs kante, Gilmour with kova covering both departments.). So we might have to tweak ourselves correspondingly.

Are we seriously comparing mount to Baker and barkley. Baker failed miserably in his championship loans. Whereas mount bossed it for derby too. I mean I can understand people makin this argument for Gallagher, but can't even take this comparison seriously.

Hmmm. Cause that's exactly what happened when Barkley and mount played as no. 8s with kante sitting against city and Watford in a brilliant defensive performance and a complete 3-0 performance, right?
Or that is what happened with city last season when they got 100 points playing with 2 of either kdb/David silva/Foden/b silva/gundogan as 8.
Lol
Hmmm. You mean Watford who didn't venture outside of their half the whole game? That brillaint defensive performance? Lol.

I'm talking about the defensive brilliance against West ham and Sheffield United before we switched to a three at the back. Even as mount continues to improve further back havertz will be the laziest cm we have. Its essentially a lop sided 4231 with Mount having to bear the brunt of the work to help the dm. Lol

I don't get the fans sometimes. If you like Kovacic, that doesn't mean you should shit on Mount to make the former look better. Or vice versa.

How is it that difficult to appreciate both for the different types of qualities they both bring to the team? Kovacic is a good shout for the club's POTY but Mount also had a cracking debut season overall and at times has been absolutely integral to the way Lampard sets up the team.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Hmmm. You mean Watford who didn't venture outside of their half the whole game? That brillaint defensive performance? Lol.

I'm talking about the defensive brilliance against West ham and Sheffield United before we switched to a three at the back. Even as mount continues to improve further back havertz will be the laziest cm we have. Its essentially a lop sided 4231 with Mount having to bear the brunt of the work to help the dm. Lol

West Ham wouldn't of had a sniff had we man marked set pieces properly and Sheffield was an anomaly where virtually no one had a good performance. 

City play this system every game. 

23 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

No the brilliant defensive performance agaubst man City. Did not I mention it specifically? 

Also "Watford did not venture out of their half". Was not that the premise of the argument of pinning lower teams in their own halves. Lolol. 

Hmmm. Just the way kdb is lazy right? Lololol

West Ham wouldn't of had a sniff had we man marked set pieces properly and Sheffield was an anomaly where virtually no one had a good performance. 
City play this system every game. 
Their final goal was more than a sniff they walked through the middle of the pitch and I swear Antonio's goal was from open play too.

City play two energetic 8's. It works because they work hard. Up and down the pitch. Havertz won't do that

No the brilliant defensive performance agaubst man City. Did not I mention it specifically? 

Also "Watford did not venture out of their half". Was not that the premise of the argument of pinning lower teams in their own halves. Lolol. 

Hmmm. Just the way kdb is lazy right? Lololol

LOL. Because we hade 5 midfielders in front of the defence lol. Are you misunderstanding me, hmmmmm? Its when they are out of position we are fucked and they *are* out of position often. Quoting a game where we had either 11 men behind the ball or where countering them is irrelevant. Lol.

The Watford game had nothing to do with a solid performance by us they were cowards.

So what now hmmmm? Lolololololol

19 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

The Watford game had nothing to do with a solid performance by us they were cowards

Or maybe it was because we played well which didn't allow them to build any attacking momentum?

This exact same Watford team created about 5 clear chances against Arsenal the other day.

16 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Their final goal was more than a sniff they walked through the middle of the pitch and I swear Antonio's goal was from open play too.

City play two energetic 8's. It works because they work hard. Up and down the pitch. Havertz won't do that

Yeah my mistake. Christensen ball watching for that goal. 

We restricted them to three shots on target and they scored three however. Also, Mount didn't even start this game. It was Kovacic+Kante. 

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Or maybe it was because we played well which didn't allow them to build any attacking momentum?

This exact same Watford team created about 5 clear chances against Arsenal the other day.

I can probably anticipate his response "Hmmmm" "lololol". 😂

I mean honestly, how hard is it to understand what FL wanted us to do.

22 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

LOL. Because we hade 5 midfielders in front of the defence lol. Are you misunderstanding me, hmmmmm? Its when they are out of position we are fucked and they *are* out of position often. Quoting a game where we had either 11 men behind the ball or where countering them is irrelevant. Lol.

The Watford game had nothing to do with a solid performance by us they were cowards.

So what now hmmmm? Lolololololol

Lol. 

Let's do it point by point.

Mount did not start the whu game. Kova and kante did. So no we did not lose it due to 2 no. 8.

Sure, the Watford game had nothing to do with us. So evrytime we fuck up, it's us, otherwise it's the other team, right? Perfectly logical conclusion. 😂😂

If the point was being "out of position" then performances against Watford proves otherwise. 

If the point was defensive nuance, then we have city. 

Otherwise you can keep changing your goal posts as and when it's suits your agenda.

No we had nothing to do. They left one striker on the half way line and had 9 players behind the ball. They didn't press us at all it was walking pace.

And the arsenal game came weeks later whilst our game with them was relatively close to the restart. Regardless of why they played so poor, that they played much better in another match doesnt mean they played well or were a threat in our match

Yeah my mistake. Christensen ball watching for that goal. 
We restricted them to three shots on target and they scored three however. Also, Mount didn't even start this game. It was Kovacic+Kante. 
My mistake with regards to the west ham game, I thought barkley and mount played

Lol. 

Let's do it point by point.

Mount did not start the whu game. Kova and kante did. So no we did not lose it due to 2 no. 8.

Sure, the Watford game had nothing to do with us. So evrytime we fuck up, it's us, otherwise it's the other team, right? Perfectly logical conclusion. [emoji23][emoji23]

If the point was being "out of position" then performances against Watford proves otherwise. 

If the point was defensive nuance, then we have city. 

Otherwise you can keep changing your goal posts as and when it's suits your agenda.

Lol. Oh please.

The watford game didn't reflect on us defensively because you can judge whether their players were competent and they weren't. Or are you saying you can't tell the difference between us controlling the opposition and the opposition being poor? [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Watford didn't move past the halfway line so the point about two 8's is moot. Against city we had 5 midfielders behind the ball so, again, the point is moot