Mason Mount

the wes

12 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Whats your guys opinions as to wgy our academy lads dint carry on and make the grade with other clubs when they leane?

Ive mentioned before that our young teams all do amazing stuff. They win leagues,cups etc every season. Yer it seems no matter where they go - MOSTLY they fail to make any type of impression no matter what team,league,country they goto.

I was windering if ir was because of the training? They cincentrate on working as a team unit and not on the individual skills. So they get to know how/where  each other moves etc.

Then they lose that sense of being once they step out of their comfort zone.

Just a thought.

Even though they were winning in the youth ranks i always felt Boga, Ruben, Musonda, Ugbo etc would flatter to decieve with the step up because of the flaws they had (i felt that with Christensen too but glad to be proved wrong there). The one player in that batch i was hopeful for was Ake, who would have been a servable squad player but he wanted more.

Mount, Ampadu, CHO (admitedly limited evidence with the latter) look like they belong playing top flight football, which is the key difference between some of these bunch and the last i mentioned above.

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

Even though they were winning in the youth ranks i always felt Boga, Ruben, Musonda, Ugbo etc would flatter to decieve with the step up because of the flaws they had (i felt that with Christensen too but glad to be proved wrong there). The one player in that batch i was hopeful for was Ake, who would have been a servable squad player but he wanted more.

Mount, Ampadu, CHO (admitedly limited evidence with the latter) look like they belong playing top flight football, which is the key difference between some of these bunch and the last i mentioned above.

I hear what youre saying and I know our love hor hyping the academy lads but I just dont get why the teams win everything all the time yet individually they dont get on.

Even if they goto a smaller club where you would expect them to shine. It just baffles me.

I know it might sound daft and peeps might say Us is bonkers but I would put the whole team in just once as an experiment and see if its the team dynamics that are winning games. The social media would blow up which is a plus!  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Im risking looking like an prize idiot in a few years time but i'll go as far as saying with the right guidance and Mount himself showing the right commitment we (for all intents and purposes) have another chance at KDB. I am everybit as excited about him as i am CHO, if not more so.. 

Bloody hell is he that good?? I haven't seen much bar the youtube shinanigans and he looks ok.

10 hours ago, DDA said:

Bloody hell is he that good?? I haven't seen much bar the youtube shinanigans and he looks ok.

Comfortable with both feet, has unreal awareness of what to do and when like when to pass, shoot, retain possession etc. He's not too bad defensively and physically either (he'll never be Essien or Kante but he's a lot better than you usually associate with his type of player) and he's versatile, he can play CAM and LM but undoubtedly his best position is CM.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah not bad considering he is only 19. I think no other of our loanees has performed that well at that age. Really such a shame that he will never establish himself here because of our incompetent board especially because he has always been at chelsea, joining the club aged 5. Lets hope we can get at least a nice sum for him.

44 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yeah not bad considering he is only 19. I think no other of our loanees has performed that well at that age. Really such a shame that he will never establish himself here because of our incompetent board especially because he has always been at chelsea, joining the club aged 5. Lets hope we can get at least a nice sum for him.

Let's hope we get a manager who has some balls and brings him back to establish himself in the squad. We really can't afford to allow another KDB situation. 

Traore scored 18 whilst at Vitesse & was a year younger. Players doing well in the Eredivise or anywhere for that matter whilst on loan means very little in regards to their prospects of making it here.  

The one thing he seems to have over other players is, the desire to make it here. Lets see if that will amount to anything over the next few years.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Traore scored 18 whilst at Vitesse & was a year younger. Players doing well in the Eredivise or anywhere for that matter whilst on loan means very little in regards to their prospects of making it here.  

The one thing he seems to have over other players is, the desire to make it here. Lets see if that will amount to anything over the next few years.

I know Ive said it before but I dont understand how great our academy teams are yet as undividuals dont make it after leaving the comfort zone of the team.

MAYBE its because alot of our youth lads have been together since they were 8 years old or so and they know each others moves inside out. Or whether we (Jody Morris and other academy coachs) have got the teams training as a unit but they dont work on individual skills?

I really dont have a Scooby.

I know we all wish our academy could be our poind shop where we could just go load up our shopping trolley and put them straight into the 1st team but it really isn't as simple as that. I dont think ANY manager we wull ever have would last long in their job if they did try it.

The ones we cherry pick now fin it hard enough to make that next step. And it diesn't matter what club they goto if its not us they still dont seem to shine oyt as individuals.

So iI completely understand how we all feel so cobfused. It would be great to know the answer tho.

But this young lad looks very good. I hope he does get a chance to shine with the 1st team.

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

Out of the youngsters loanee's he should be top of the que for a place in our squad,how RLC is rated higher beats me.

It’s only the Eredivisie, wouldn’t get too excited if I was you. Mount is talented, but not ready for us yet. RLC has played at a higher level and has had a good season at Palace. He’s way more ready for us, and even then, I’d arguably have him out on loan again rather than sitting on the bench. Mount needs as many games as he can get so he should go out on loan to a stronger league. Maybe a good team in Germany or France.  

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

It’s only the Eredivisie, wouldn’t get too excited if I was you. Mount is talented, but not ready for us yet. RLC has played at a higher level and has had a good season at Palace. He’s way more ready for us, and even then, I’d arguably have him out on loan again rather than sitting on the bench. Mount needs as many games as he can get so he should go out on loan to a stronger league. Maybe a good team in Germany or France.  

I still cant see RLC as Chelsea standard. Well demending on what standard we want to achieve. He still looks very akward and clumsy to me. Tho he is looking better to last season so its done him some good. MAYBE another season??

But Mount does need taking in hand and have a proper structure set up for this next step. A loan to a PL club maybe.

What always does my head in is WHY our AMAZING youth teams win everything yet as individuals they dont make any real progress. I would dearly love to know why.

My thinking is they have grown up together many since they were 6/8 years old so they know each others moves etc. Theyre all mates and get on great. So when they leave all that its a very big change.

Now I'm wondering IF they would progress better if they spent a season or 2 with the 1st team, similar to what Conte has done with some and Mou did with Happy.

Let them get some minutes here n there (Admittedly a bit more than Conte has given them). Do it gradually so they are still around 'their home'. Thats my thought anyway.

47 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

To be fair, we can all continue to say certain players aren't ready, but you have Dele Alli thriving for Spurs, and he came from a league one side.