Mason Mount

the wes

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Said he used Pedro because of his CL experience, which is ironic considering he started 3 players without any CL experience to begin with. 

Odd... And hasn’t pulisic played cL already?

pedro was really bad,  it he was coming back from injury, so hope he improves from that.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Said he used Pedro because of his CL experience, which is ironic considering he started 3 players without any CL experience to begin with. 

I think the real reason is his performances haven't been good enough and Lampard is covering for him in the media.

I wanted him to come on purely because of the fact Willy and Pedro on together is an eyesore but I can certainly see why Pulisic has been taken out of the firing line. I have high hopes for him long term but apart from vs Liverpool (and Salzburg if we extend our assessment to pre season) he's been as raw as you can get so far and needs easing into things.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I think the real reason is his performances haven't been good enough and Lampard is covering for him in the media.

I wanted him to come on purely because of the fact Willy and Pedro on together is an eyesore but I can certainly see why Pulisic has been taken out of the firing line. I have high hopes for him long term but apart from vs Liverpool (and Salzburg if we extend our assessment to pre season) he's been as raw as you can get so far and needs easing into things.

If Lampard was covering for Pulisic, at least use the "it's a tactical decision" excuse or something along those lines. By saying it's a case of experience, he practically contradicted himself when he says he trusts the young players and then has people raising their eyebrow when they see Mount, Abraham and Tomori all started despite having no CL experience. 

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

If Lampard is covering for Pulisic, at least use the "it's a tactical decision" excuse or something along those lines. By saying it's a case of experience, he practically contradicted himself when he says he trusts the young players and then has people raising their eyebrow when they see Mount, Abraham and Tomori all started despite having no CL experience. 

Lampard's reasoning in this scenario isn't necessarily contradictory. In the case of Mount and Abraham, he clearly believes they are better players than the alternatives. With Tomori, there isn't another fit CB to play in his position. If Lampard believes Pulisic and Pedro are both equally good, then it would make sense to go with the more experienced player.

1 minute ago, Panic said:

Lampard's reasoning in this scenario isn't necessarily contradictory. In the case of Mount and Abraham, he clearly believes they are better players than the alternatives. With Tomori, there isn't another fit CB to play in his position. If Lampard believes Pulisic and Pedro are both equally good, then it would make sense to go with the more experienced player.

Using the experience factor in one scenario and then turn a blind eye on it in another sounds very contradicting. 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Using the experience factor in one scenario and then turn a blind eye on it in another sounds very contradicting. 

But it's not. Lampard's job is to play the best team possible for any given match. Who plays will be influenced by a variety of factors, but it's pretty safe to assume that individual skill plays a huge role in Lampard's decision making. In the case of Mount, it appears that Lampard believes that Mount is the best player available. The result? Mount plays. Now let's consider the case of Pedro or Pulisic replacing an injured Mount. If Lampard believes that Pulsic and Pedro are equal in ability, he has to use another factor to make his decision. In this scenario, it was experience.

39 minutes ago, Panic said:

But it's not. Lampard's job is to play the best team possible for any given match. Who plays will be influenced by a variety of factors, but it's pretty safe to assume that individual skill plays a huge role in Lampard's decision making. In the case of Mount, it appears that Lampard believes that Mount is the best player available. The result? Mount plays. Now let's consider the case of Pedro or Pulisic replacing an injured Mount. If Lampard believes that Pulsic and Pedro are equal in ability, he has to use another factor to make his decision. In this scenario, it was experience.

Not true. Match management involves the whole season, hence why there is rotation. Games are not equal nor are player form and fitness over a long season.

They may think pulisic needs time to settle to the tempo of the pl or perhaps even improve physically, who knows?

franks message is the odd part, given pulisic has plenty of CL experience and would have been comfortable with Valencia slow tempo.

i guess is just another case of frank also learning on the job.

53 minutes ago, Panic said:

So all that trusting the young players talk only applies to Mount, Abraham and Tomori then?

3 hours ago, Robchels said:

Not true. Match management involves the whole season, hence why there is rotation. Games are not equal nor are player form and fitness over a long season.

This is why I said best team possible. Factors such as form and and managing match fitness are somewhat implied. This was to keep the post brief.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

So all that trusting the young players talk only applies to Mount, Abraham and Tomori then?

Would you say that he doesn't trust Pedro had he gone with Pulisic instead? We can't come to that conclusion based on the single statement he made. His statement only implies that Pedro's massive experience in the CL gave him the edge. We cannot say Lampard didn't trust Pulisic to put in a satisfactory performance. 

3 hours ago, Panic said:

This is why I said best team possible. Factors such as form and and managing match fitness are somewhat implied. This was to keep the post brief.

Fair enough, but even then that's not exactly it. He may choose to give minutes to a youngster who's still far inferior to the senior counterpart. So, it's more like a number of goals that the manager is evaluated on and reckon the weight of these goals also varies depending on the club ambition. Reckon, as said before here, that the club fully understands the situation we are in, therefore, Frank's goals might be more about long-term than usual.

I think so far clearly mount has produced. The question is what happen when CHO is back n firing.

He is clearly lamp favorite so I don't see lamp dropping him. So will Lamp force CHO on the right or will he play CHO left and Mount in the middle? Which mean this will infuriate everyone, I can see Willian will be a guarantee starter for most games.