Mason Mount

the wes

4 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

The point I am making is that, at times, our midfield didn't know where they were supposed to be playing.

Offensively? We looked fine offensively. 

Defensive organization is more the problem and it won't be fixed by playing Puli over Barkley. 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

I has nothing to with player selection. Yes if kante play we probably will defend better but it was more on organization. 

So more work on training ground for lamp

Partially disagree.

while organization and focus would definitely help, player characteristics are hard to ignore.

cant ask players to do what they don’t know how. I mean you can, but they won’t be able to do it.

Before pre season, I said that mount is not ready( I have never watched him play before) but after pre season,it is obvious I am so wrong. 

I really like no 10 like mount, he remind me of Oscar. Not flashy, athletic, press hard and make tons of the ball run. That is how a modern no 10 should play, the only time I want to see us playing a "creative" no 10 is when we are in complete control of the game or his name is Messi. 

2 hours ago, communicate said:

Before pre season, I said that mount is not ready( I have never watched him play before) but after pre season,it is obvious I am so wrong. 

I really like no 10 like mount, he remind me of Oscar. Not flashy, athletic, press hard and make tons of the ball run. That is how a modern no 10 should play, the only time I want to see us playing a "creative" no 10 is when we are in complete control of the game or his name is Messi. 

Not Oscar. Anyone but him, he was shite. Mount reminds me a lot of Muller. A bit of everything, speed, skills, shot, movement and a high footballing iq. 

4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I do wonder how well he'd play as a false 9

I wondered that too. He sure is versatile. Can play every position in midfield and on the wing. I dont think our finishing can get any worse so it is worth a shot. 

Reminds me a lot of Oscar - before Oscar lost his pace and acceleration (for whatever reason).

clever player with loads of skill and tight control, which makes him able to operate in tight spaces. A goal threat. On top o f that great work rate and aggression. Reckon he’s going to be a key player against the big teams.

where did he come from? Slipped under most peoples radar or was i the one sleeping under a rock?

didier above likes bakayoko, but Oscar was the shit one. Reminds me a lot of a different didier on here. :)

42 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Reminds me a lot of Oscar - before Oscar lost his pace and acceleration (for whatever reason).

clever player with loads of skill and tight control, which makes him able to operate in tight spaces. A goal threat. On top o f that great work rate and aggression. Reckon he’s going to be a key player against the big teams.

where did he come from? Slipped under most peoples radar or was i the one sleeping under a rock?

Hes been firmly on my radar for atleast 18 months, upto about 6 months ago I firmly felt he was better than Ruben.