Mason Mount

the wes

4 hours ago, the wes said:

It's good to see him score that was  amateur goalkeeping I would have done better ffs that Dutch league near has worse than the Scottish league 

I don't think the keeper was expecting Mount to go directly for goal there. Was likely expecting him to cross into the box.

• 2 months later...

Mason Mount vs Sparta

2 assists
53 passes
92% pass accuracy
5 key passes
3 dribbles won
2 tackles won
1 interception

#CFC loanee at it again! Lovely player.

Back on it tonight after some poor form for Vitesse as a whole. Their first game under a new manager and 7-0 win

1 hour ago, ja1 said:

Mason Mount vs Sparta

2 assists
53 passes
92% pass accuracy
5 key passes
3 dribbles won
2 tackles won
1 interception

#CFC loanee at it again! Lovely player.

Back on it tonight after some poor form for Vitesse as a whole. Their first game under a new manager and 7-0 win

I like this kid he has a good football brain I don't think he's ready for the PL yet but he needs to bulk up for the PL where it's a physical league than the Dutch league

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, the wes said:

nice one I hope next season we Loan him out to a championship side 

But really got to get it into his head his futures Blue so he doesn't start thinking hes unwanted.

You're right about needing to bulk up. Eden did last pre season and came back yp for it. Hes lost some weight by the look of him and hes started to get pushed around again.  Thats how I see it anyway.

35 minutes ago, the wes said:

nice one I hope next season we Loan him out to a championship side 

No chance, we should be looking at Bundesliga with this one, if not a first team place.

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

No chance, we should be looking at Bundesliga with this one, if not a first team place.

Don't you think with the Europa league to deal with next season, keeping players like Mount, CHO, Ampadu, Tomori would be much beneficial as compared to loaning them out as they would most probably get regular playing time not only in the EL but also Carabao cup and FA cup and if some of these youngsters impress in these cup games, who knows they might even get cameos in the league. I think  the EL league next season is our best opportunity to blood in some of our youngsters. Hopefully in time, Mount can replace the waning Cesc in our squad.

3 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

Don't you think with the Europa league to deal with next season, keeping players like Mount, CHO, Ampadu, Tomori would be much beneficial as compared to loaning them out as they would most probably get regular playing time not only in the EL but also Carabao cup and FA cup and if some of these youngsters impress in these cup games, who knows they might even get cameos in the league. I think  the EL league next season is our best opportunity to blood in some of our youngsters. Hopefully in time, Mount can replace the waning Cesc in our squad.

Not too fussed with Tomori as i don't think he's good enough. CHO and Amps are still baby's in football terms so there's no real rush with them. Mount however is turning 20 next season, getting his next move right is crucial, be it another loan or as you said, back here for EL exposure.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Not too fussed with Tomori as i don't think he's good enough. CHO and Amps are still baby's in football terms so there's no real rush with them. Mount however is turning 20 next season, getting his next move right is crucial, be it another loan or as you said, back here for EL exposure.

What's your thoughts on Mount? Think he can make it here or is just overrated/overhyped? 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

What's your thoughts on Mount? Think he can make it here or is just overrated/overhyped? 

Im risking looking like an prize idiot in a few years time but i'll go as far as saying with the right guidance and Mount himself showing the right commitment we (for all intents and purposes) have another chance at KDB. I am everybit as excited about him as i am CHO, if not more so.. 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Im risking looking like an prize idiot in a few years time but i'll go as far as saying with the right guidance and Mount himself showing the right commitment we (for all intents and purposes) have another chance at KDB. I am everybit as excited about him as i am CHO, if not more so.. 

Good to see you don't think a young player is overrated for once. :P 

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

17 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Whats your guys opinions as to wgy our academy lads dint carry on and make the grade with other clubs when they leane?

Ive mentioned before that our young teams all do amazing stuff. They win leagues,cups etc every season. Yer it seems no matter where they go - MOSTLY they fail to make any type of impression no matter what team,league,country they goto.

I was windering if ir was because of the training? They cincentrate on working as a team unit and not on the individual skills. So they get to know how/where  each other moves etc.

Then they lose that sense of being once they step out of their comfort zone.

Just a thought.