Mason Mount

the wes

• 2 weeks later...

Great performance from Mount tonight, look at home as Derby’s no.10 in a 4-2-3-1. All their attacking play went through him. He receives the ball excellently on the half turn. Said it before but really does have shades of Eriksen/KDB.

Derby as a whole are sooo much improved from their first league matche. Probably deserved to win, certainly matches United. And take a look at Harry Wilson’s goal for them tonight, one of the best free kicks I’ve seen in a while 

29 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Great performance from Mount tonight, look at home as Derby’s no.10 in a 4-2-3-1. All their attacking play went through him. He receives the ball excellently on the half turn. Said it before but really does have shades of Eriksen/KDB.

Derby as a whole are sooo much improved from their first league matche. Probably deserved to win, certainly matches United. And take a look at Harry Wilson’s goal for them tonight, one of the best free kicks I’ve seen in a while 

So thrilled for Lamps!!!!!:wub:

Mason Mount: The Potential Candidate to Fill Midfield Void at Chelsea and England

https://lastwordonfootball.com/2018/09/28/mason-mount-the-potential-candidate-to-fill-midfield-void-at-chelsea-and-england/

Despite having won five FA Youth Cups in a row, John Terry remains the only major success story of Chelsea’s youth academy in the last twenty years.

Former Chelsea U18 coach Morris recently expressed his frustration at this, claiming that managers consistently seemed disinterested in the club’s academy.

Talking to Sky Sports he said: “We’ve had managers at Chelsea where they’d be 50 yards away, there’d be a Champions League U19’s game going on, and the manager’s sat in his office, rather than coming out to watch. It’s very disheartening.

“It’s not my place to go over there and start talking to managers, but some managers aren’t interested – they don’t care about youth. They judge the first team and want to get their own players in.”

10 hours ago, the wes said:

perfect pass just a shame the derby player didn't finish it off 

Got a very good head and good pass for a young kid. He seems to have some luck too as don't think that pass was supposed to happen.

Wouldnt it be nice if we had that perfect world where we could play Mount,Ethan and CHO without fear of a manager getting the sack.

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 8:05 AM, 11Drogba said:

As I said in July, I'm very disappointed that Maurizio wasn't given the opportunity to take a look at Mason during preseason. Someone reacted by saying that it wasn't possible because that would have interfered with the move to Derby but I don't agree. Of course Derby would have wanted Mason to spend preseason with them, but I don't believe for a moment that they'd have walked away if we'd said that we could not give them a decision on the loan until after the Inter Milan game. Yes a preseason with his new team was useful for that lad, but the lack of one would have been overcome.

That choice looks even more strange given the way our squad has now shaped up. Our three starting midfielders are all players of the right calibre, but they are not a perfectly balanced trio. None of them wants to play ahead of the ball. N'Golo gets the gig but only because the other two can't. Mason is exactly the type of player who could offer a goal threat and improve the balance of our midfield options. Perhaps Maurizio would have decided that Mason wasn't ready, Italian bosses seem to value experience even more than most, but the manager should have had the chance to decide.

As for the pass; it was a happy accident, he didn't mean it. In fact he missed the player he was aiming at so, in terms of execution, it was actually closer to a bad pass than a good one. Sometimes things just work out.

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

As I said in July, I'm very disappointed that Maurizio wasn't given the opportunity to take a look at Mason during preseason. Someone reacted by saying that it wasn't possible because that would have interfered with the move to Derby but I don't agree. Of course Derby would have wanted Mason to spend preseason with them, but I don't believe for a moment that they'd have walked away if we'd said that we could not give them a decision on the loan until after the Inter Milan game. Yes a preseason with his new team was useful for that lad, but the lack of one would have been overcome.

That choice looks even more strange given the way our squad has now shaped up. Our three starting midfielders are all players of the right calibre, but they are not a perfectly balanced trio. None of them wants to play ahead of the ball. N'Golo gets the gig but only because the other two can't. Mason is exactly the type of player who could offer a goal threat and improve the balance of our midfield options. Perhaps Maurizio would have decided that Mason wasn't ready, Italian bosses seem to value experience even more than most, but the manager should have had the chance to decide.

As for the pass; it was a happy accident, he didn't mean it. In fact he missed the player he was aiming at so, in terms of execution, it was actually closer to a bad pass than a good one. Sometimes things just work out.

IMO we need to sell Barkley, get in a better attacking CM, then also bring Mount back in. So next season we’d shape up with Ramsey, Kanté,  Jorginho, RLC, Mount and Cesc. 

9 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

IMO we need to sell Barkley, get in a better attacking CM, then also bring Mount back in. So next season we’d shape up with Ramsey, Kanté,  Jorginho, RLC, Mount and Cesc. 

what makes you think Ramsey will come here? do we really need him?  i hope Barkley makes it here tbh

3 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

what makes you think Ramsey will come here? do we really need him?  i hope Barkley makes it here tbh

Ramsey is a top top CM when he’s fit - he’s much better than Barkley. He’d be extremely cheap as well which will mean we have funds to spend on other areas we need to reinforce (fullbacks, striker, out wide). He’s the finished article whilst Barkley isn’t. Rather give development time to someone from our own academy who has more potential than him (for example Mount or arguably RLC). 

If we're getting shot of anyone, it will be Cesc. He's coming to the tail end of his career and wants regular game time.

22 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I;d take Barkley over RLC in a heartbeat.

8 hours ago, LAM09 said:
22 hours ago, The Skipper said:

If we're getting shot of anyone, it will be Cesc. He's coming to the tail end of his career and wants regular game time.

I think hes still got amazing passes in him but yes I can see him wanting regular time in his remaining years. I still have all these old feelings for him that makes me not want to lose him tho. But I would like to see us bring Ethan up to Jorginhos backup and right now Cescys it.

Chelsea loanees Mount and Tomori will not be eligible to play against Chelsea in League Cup — report

“standard practice”

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/10/1/17924050/chelsea-loanees-mount-and-tomori-will-not-be-eligible-to-play-against-chelsea-in-league-cup-report

According to ESPN’s sources, Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori will not be eligible to play for Derby County when they face Chelsea in the League Cup at Stamford Bridge later this month. The two Chelsea loanees have two of the best players for Super Frank at Derby this season and played crucial roles in their shock elimination of Manchester United at Old Trafford last week.

But rules are rules, and according to previously cited League Cup regulations, Derby would need “written consent” from Chelsea. But according to the report, Chelsea make it standard practice — like all other English clubs — to include a clause in all loanee contracts that they are not eligible to play against the parent club.

The only evidence to the contrary to this is Thibaut Courtois’ case, when he was at Atlético Madrid, but that had a lot to do with UEFA pushing for him to be eligible as well. Last season, when Chelsea faced Hull City in the FA Cup, none of Ola Aina, Michael Hector, or, again, Fikayo Tomori were eligible.

It’s a bit of an unfortunate situation — Chelsea would’ve still been strong favorites and we could’ve seen two of our prized prospects in action first-hand — but this is the accepted practice. Sorry, Frankie!

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea loanees Mount and Tomori will not be eligible to play against Chelsea in League Cup — report

“standard practice”

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/10/1/17924050/chelsea-loanees-mount-and-tomori-will-not-be-eligible-to-play-against-chelsea-in-league-cup-report

According to ESPN’s sources, Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori will not be eligible to play for Derby County when they face Chelsea in the League Cup at Stamford Bridge later this month. The two Chelsea loanees have two of the best players for Super Frank at Derby this season and played crucial roles in their shock elimination of Manchester United at Old Trafford last week.

But rules are rules, and according to previously cited League Cup regulations, Derby would need “written consent” from Chelsea. But according to the report, Chelsea make it standard practice — like all other English clubs — to include a clause in all loanee contracts that they are not eligible to play against the parent club.

The only evidence to the contrary to this is Thibaut Courtois’ case, when he was at Atlético Madrid, but that had a lot to do with UEFA pushing for him to be eligible as well. Last season, when Chelsea faced Hull City in the FA Cup, none of Ola Aina, Michael Hector, or, again, Fikayo Tomori were eligible.

It’s a bit of an unfortunate situation — Chelsea would’ve still been strong favorites and we could’ve seen two of our prized prospects in action first-hand — but this is the accepted practice. Sorry, Frankie!

Was just gonna post this lol

But I was always under the thought that loanees couldn't play against owners in LEAGUE games but CUP games they were OK!

They must then need written consent first eh!

15 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Was just gonna post this lol

But I was always under the thought that loanees couldn't play against owners in LEAGUE games but CUP games they were OK!

They must then need written consent first eh!

Yes. We could have given written permission. Sorta wish we had. Oh well.

41 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Yes. We could have given written permission. Sorta wish we had. Oh well.

No fuck that mate lol

I like the kid and want to see him do well and hopefully he can become a starter one day BUT I'm sure as hell not about giving an opponent weapons to shoot us with!