Rhys Taylor Called Up to Wales Squad

DavidEU

Rhys Taylor has replaced the injured Lewis Price in Wales' squad to face Georgia in Swansea on 20 August.

The uncapped Chelsea goalkeeper, 18, has yet to make a senior appearance at Stamford Bridge and had been in the Under-21 squad to face Romania.

Derby goalkeeper Price was forced out with a cartilage injury.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7556448.stm

Good news for the lad. Shows he must be coming along quite nicely.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has done well in the last couple of years, particulary last season. I believe he is training daily with the first team keepers at the moment which will help him a lot, hopefully he will get a run out for wales also. But 18 is still very very young especially for a keeper.

Will give him a lot of confidence , he will feel his status enhanced.

International Chelsea Keeper at 18 -dream come true.

Absolutely, i am sure he feels on top of the world at the moment, being involved with the first team, i believe he was part of the fan training day which would have been a big experience for him.

Guest Lampards Bitch

As Esk said he was at the open day training. I have seen him play a few times and he looks good. I hope all goes well for Rhys next week.

Edited by Lampards Bitch

Great news for him. Learning from Cech and Cudicini has got to be a dream in itself for him, let alone a sr. squad intl. cap, even if it is for Wales. I like the fact that we are actually developing some talent instead of buying it in. I hope he stays healthy and doesn't let it all go to his head...