• Pedro (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think the best we can hope for now is a goal on a lightning counter. Now that Morata is off we have no point of reference up top or anyone to occupy the CB's. 

So frustrating to lose him in a game like this. Was playing so well, too.

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

can someone explain to me what happened with Morata? i cant watch the game at the moment and why did Conte sub Morata for William and not Pedro or Michy? are we playing crap? from the comments here it appears so

He had a problem with his hamstring. As for Conte's sub, well that's up to him. We aren't even playing in a way to accommodate a strikerless formation. 

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

The problem is the whole approach is very very negative. Not necessarily the personnel but the mentality of some of our players. I feel sorry for Hazard out there. 

Nothing to do with mentality. Everything to do with the skill sets of our midfielders. None of Cesc, Baka, or Kante excell when they have the ball and are pressed. They get squeezed out of the game.

Don't think we've been negative at all. This is just the exact sort of team and tactics we struggle against. Super technical, relentless pressing teams.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

can someone explain to me what happened with Morata? i cant watch the game at the moment and why did Conte sub Morata for William and not Pedro or Michy? are we playing crap? from the comments here it appears so

Looked like hamstring injury mate, I really hope it's not serious and with that change he prevented something worse.

Just now, Pizy said:

Nothing to do with mentality. Everything to do with the skill sets of our midfielders. None of Cesc, Baka, or Kante excell when they have the ball and are pressed. They get squeezed out of the game.

Don't think we've been negative at all. This is just the exact sort of team and tactics we struggle against. Super technical, relentless pressing teams.

It's the mentality which is a big factor. Fabregas for example had several chances to play quick balls forward, particularly in the first 30 mins of the half. He refused. We have players turning down options to make ambitious passes. Instead happy to keep it safe and pass side to side. 

6 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The problem is the whole approach is very very negative. Not necessarily the personnel but the mentality of some of our players. I feel sorry for Hazard out there. 

We are handicapped by having only 3 really good attackers in our entire squad: Morata, Hazard and Cesc, plus we're handicapped between Cahill and Alonso to some degree.

What can you do versus Pep's City with our squad, esp. after Morata goes out?  

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

He had a problem with his hamstring. As for Conte's sub, well that's up to him. We aren't even playing in a way to accommodate a strikerless formation. 

1 minute ago, King11Didier said:

Looked like hamstring injury mate, I really hope it's not serious and with that change he prevented something worse.

ahhh shit man :( just what we needed, just when Morata was on form, fuck this shit, i really hope its not that serious :(

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

And the only way to counter this with the current squad is to play the most technical centrebacks. Unfortunately Luiz is suspended but there's no reason to play Cahill. Azpi-Christensen-Rudiger would be much more capable of dealing with that relentless pressing.

Zappacosta for Cahill, that's how I'd do it. He deserves to play as RWB in the second half.

Just now, quickpassnmove said:

We are handicapped by having only 3 really good attackers in our entire squad: Morata, Hazard and Cesc, plus we're handicapped between Cahill and Alonso to some degree.

What can you do versus Pep's City with out squad, esp. after Morata goes out?  

Shaktar gave City a much better game than we've given them so far. I don't want to hear that we have mediocre players. Rudiger, Christiensen, Fabregas, these guys are supposed to be good on the ball but we can't pass out of our own half. That's Conte's fault and the board's by extension as well.  

Without target man it will really hard till the end, can't really understand why Conte bring Willian in for ST, especially when Willian is so poor. We need some miracle, I can't really see how we can score. Hazard is always against 2-3 city players and no one around him to help. We need more players in m city half, Pedro might actually make a difference with his fresh legs in the second half. Hope for he best KTBFFH!