• Morata
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really remember the last time we performed like this against a top quality team at their home, and I thought I would never see us perform like this. A point today would be an okay result but considering the performance and the fact we gifted them their goal, we deserve all the points. Bravo.

God i love this team :wub: what a huge win, Morata and Hazard were superb, the team were simply magnificent today, oh and Michy you the man, what a great team goal, that build up for the winner was Barca esque, simply sublime. KTBFFH  :D

Biggest key for us was winning the midfield battle and stopping any real service into Griezmann and their other attackers. Koké wasn't in the game at all and our wing backs were mostly solid and didn't allow them to swing anything dangerous in to our box.

I love this from MARCA:

"Porque pocas veces se ha sentido tan pequeño el Atlético de Simeone. Diminuto, para ser exactos. El Chelsea era más alto... y tenía a Hazard. Absolutamente indetectable, el belga se adueñó enseguida del flamante estadio rojiblanco para convertir el partido en un monólogo 'blue' ante el que lo peor fue la falta de respuesta. En cuarto de hora había tenido dos ocasiones y había habilitado a Morata para otras dos, pero lo más cerca que anduvo de la red entonces fue cuando estrelló un disparo en el poste. No está mal, pero no es suficiente. Porque sin gol no hay paraíso. Ni siquiera en el jardín de Eden."

This is my own translation.

It's few times that Simeone's Atletico has felt so small. Diminutive to be exact. Chelsea were taller...and had Hazard. Absolutely undetectable (Unstoppable would be better, but undetectable is the literal word being used here.You get the idea), the Belgian took over the brand-new red and white stadium immediately to transform the match into a 'Blue' monologue (I really don't know how to properly translate the last part).  In a quarter of an hour he had 2 chances and had created two more for Morata, but the closest he got to the net was when he had hit the post. Not bad, but not enough. Because without a goal there's no paradise. Not even in the garden of Eden.