Grant Has Sly Swipe at the Players

AvramGrantRichardHeathcGett.jpg Avram Grant says he wants to spend time away . Photograph:Richard Heath/Getty

The former Chelsea manager Avram Grant has admitted that he faced a dressing room that had little confidence in his skills when he replaced Jose Mourinho at the club last year. However, Grant believes he won the players over by guiding them to the Champions League final, the Carling Cup final and to second place in the Premier League.

"When I took over Chelsea after Jose Mourinho was fired, the English press and some Chelsea players did not believe in my ability," he said. "But I proved that to them in the last two or three months when Chelsea nearly won three competitions."

According to reports the manager, fired in May just three days after losing the Champions League final, has finally agreed a £3.5m compensation deal with Chelsea. He thought he was entitled to £5m after working just six months of the four-year deal he signed in December last year.

Avram Grant says he wants to spend time away from football.

Guardian

''wants to spend time away from football'' :) HA HA HA, Why's that then ? Because you can afford to now you've reamed millions out of Abramovich and no one is stupid enough to employ you ?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is more of a case that the players proved they can almost win trophies even with a complete tool in charge of the team. He didn't prove anything to anyone last season. Everyone knew what he was about

NAIL .......... HEAD ............... HIT :thumbsup:

It shows how the players performed in spite of him, yet came within a mosquitos pube of copious amounts of silverware.

To me, with Huge Balls Felipe taking the reins, it highlights how little the squad needs to change....

It shows how the players performed in spite of him, yet came within a mosquitos pube of copious amounts of silverware.

To me, with Huge Balls Felipe taking the reins, it highlights how little the squad needs to change....

Our squad was too big and we needed to clear some of the dead wood, but we have a very strong squad, 1 or 2 big signings to freshen up the place a little is needed most seasons, we have made 1 in Deco and there will probably be 1 more but Grant completely mis-used and mis-managed the squad last season. The Carling Cup and FA Cup being prime examples of that.

He is just spouting of his bollocks in an attempt to get a club to take a punt on him! Does he believe his own hype?

Our squad was too big and we needed to clear some of the dead wood, but we have a very strong squad, 1 or 2 big signings to freshen up the place a little is needed most seasons, we have made 1 in Deco and there will probably be 1 more but Grant completely mis-used and mis-managed the squad last season. The Carling Cup and FA Cup being prime examples of that.

He is just spouting of his bollocks in an attempt to get a club to take a punt on him! Does he believe his own hype?

Lol , Hes such a cheapskate hes using the media to say ''remember me ?'' instead of going for jobs.

It was clearly apparent early on Pizz, Haim, and Sidwell were freebie mistakes that would be offloaded...apart from that not too many changes required

"When I took over Chelsea after Jose Mourinho was fired, the English press and some Chelsea players did not believe in my ability," he said. "But I proved that to them in the last two or three months when Chelsea nearly won three competitions."

And you nearly kept your job, but thank christ you didn't.

"When I took over Chelsea after Jose Mourinho was fired, the English press and some Chelsea players did not believe in my ability," he said.

Silly twat forgot to mention that none of the Chelsea Fans believed in his ability either.

Good riddance to the wanker.

Silly twat forgot to mention that none of the Chelsea Fans believed in his ability either.

Good riddance to the wanker.

There were a select few who doubted him from the start and it wasnt long before he was found out and the rest that were willing to give him a chance jumped onboard the GRANT OUT club :D

You're never gonna be a top manager...now fuck off you cnut

It was the players that achieved what they did last season, we deserved to be champions of europe and we would of been if not for a bit of bad luck.

the players believed in themselves and it got us so close,

Avram picked up a nice sum of money for doing fuck all

I'll admit I was one of those who was willing to give him a chance - although that was down to me as a person and not because I wanted him as a manager. However it was pretty clear that he was just a fraud, and the reason we won nothing was because we didn't have anyone to galvanise the players ahead of a game.

Yeh my heart bleeds too.

Ah yes, but you did hold a bit of a torch him Morag didnt you my dear. The fact that the said torch as heavily doused in the finest petrol is I'm afraid neither here, Nor there :smiliecap1:

In fact, I've heard that, In Gay circles, Mr Grant is a bit of a turn on.......aint that right Elliot? :eyebrows:

Ah yes, but you did hold a bit of a torch him Morag didnt you my dear. The fact that the said torch as heavily doused in the finest petrol is I'm afraid neither here, Nor there :smiliecap1:

In fact, I've heard that, In Gay circles, Mr Grant is a bit of a turn on.......aint that right Elliot? :eyebrows:

:lol: why you so interested in the gay circles?

Ah, cm, you're just jealous you can't have him cause you're too old