Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Álvaro Morata

The Skipper
Followers 2

31 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Can’t understand how some people are still complaining about goals when we comfortably won 3-0. He did have a good game, yet some people get off on complaining.

He played like shit in almost every game since spring, this one he was marginally acceptable, and it was against Huddersfield, ffs. He has been a massive flop, and you simply cannot finish in the top four with a cocked up striker. It is not rocket science. Either he improves to a point that I fear is now beyond all reasonable expectation, or we will have to rely on Giroud yet again, who is hardly a scoring machine at this point in his career. It is not like we have the French WC team backing up Giroud.

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fucking hell this thread has become pathetic. 

The conditions couldn't have been worse for a debut performance. But he gave Chelsea fans something to be positive about. Well done, son.

This thread is beyond pathetic. People are actually calling him Torres #2 for 20 minutes of play where he was completely isolated upfront and a penalty he missed. What would you expect Morata to do in

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He played like shit in almost every game since spring, this one he was marginally acceptable, and it was against Huddersfield, ffs. He has been a massive flop, and you simply cannot finish in the top four with a cocked up striker. It is not rocket science. Either he improves to a point that I fear is now beyond all reasonable expectation, or we will have to rely on Giroud yet again, who is hardly a scoring machine at this point in his career. It is not like we have the French WC team backing up Giroud.

Do you remember Drogba when he first came? Probably not, as you were a united fan then.

I think he will come good, the whole Torres comparison are absurd. 

As Sarri said, once they get working more like a team things will look better. 

Right now too much individuality. 

• Like 2

I wish people would stop bringing up Drogba in this thread. Drogba was an anomaly. How many player besides Drogba do you know who became as good as him in such a short time like Didier did?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

I wish people would stop bringing up Drogba in this thread. Drogba was an anomaly. How many player besides Drogba do you know who became as good as him in such a short time like Didier did?

How about all the players Mourinho sold during his second spell. Because José, like our fans have no patience. Yet when Morata is sold and does well elsewhere, the same guys will complain about the board.

• Like 1

He is a very easy target right now even if he doesn't help himself out sometimes with easy misses.

But I'm wondering if playing with his old mate Mat might help him on. Not only balling wise but also his confidence.

Morata has already said that Mat was one of the best MF in the world and pictures Ive seen they look like they get on well. Might be good for him??

We shall see eh. Bloody hope so.

Unlike De Bruyne and Salah, Morata has been given every opportunity to succeed. It is not my fault the board was so stupid and didn't include a buyback clause in both their contracts. They were younger too than Morata is now, so it was even more disastrous to not put one in.

I suppose they could insert one in a Morata sale, but after this year, unless he finally comes good, I fail to see much of a point, as his value will already be shot so low by then it really wont matter much, as if we did sell him, 2 years from next summer (so summer of 2021, when a buyback clause normally kicks in, 2 years after sale) he will be on the verge turning 29. We wouldn't give him a 5 year contract then, as he would be 33, and soon 34 at the end.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Costa didn't even score more than 20 in the league in a season

Diego went weeks without scoring. There were loads on here shouting for his blood.

33 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Diego went weeks without scoring. There were loads on here shouting for his blood.

Exactly and hes been the best striker we've had here in years. Just shows how easily fans turn on a player for next to fuck all. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Thor said:

Literally a game in and you guys are complaining about him like it is the end of the world. Won't even give him any chance to play in the system. 

But I can understand the grief hes getting too tho.

Its not only this 1 game in. Peeps are adding it on to before. Seeing no improvement on the goal front. And they're looking at the money he cost and feeling like we been conned.

I dunno whether Sarri really does have faith in him or hes just got his back. But I got Sarris back so will give the guy some breathing space, Hoping he will get the boost from Kovacics presence..

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Do you remember Drogba when he first came? Probably not, as you were a united fan then.

9 hours ago, Polo7 said:

So you’ve only known Chelsea in the good days. Spoilt fans nowadays. Fucking toxic.

Good god. Suspended for a week. It's your third warning in the forum. You're walking a fine line after this...

• Like 2
23 hours ago, communicate said:

Most big team actually prefer their striker to be able to link up first. It is basically the bare minimum requirement, if your link up play is bad you won't even play.  It doesn't matter if you are a good finisher. Michy is our best finisher yet he is loaned to Valencia, Sturridge was pool best finisher but firmino start ahead of him, benzema is still real main striker. 

If they missed every damn sitter like Morata, they wouldnt play either. 

• Like 4
16 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Exactly and hes been the best striker we've had here in years. Just shows how easily fans turn on a player for next to fuck all. 

Cant say for others but I stood by Diego all the time. Even now lol. 

Why? Because he proved he is quality and simply went through rough patch like every striker. I knew he has that ability.

Unlike Morata who did very little last year. Even when he was scoring with head, dont forget his finishing with feet was crap 90% of time, but we let it go because he scored with head. And he kept falling down and complained, playing style that most people dont like. Costa was complaining too, but he provoked the opponents, which often helped us. Morata simply complains fo little pushes and gets cards for no point.

When/if he has great season like Diego had, trust me I wont shit on Morata either if he goes through a bad patch. I know better players need time to recover. But as of now, Morata was average last season and below average since turn of the year. And he gets game after game, but no improvement. 

Just pointing out facts, during games I support all our players, but if they play bad week in week out, obviously I will start complaining. 

• Like 2

I've got a feeling he will score against Arsenal on Saturday and get his mojo back ...1st game at the bridge 2018/19 have to keep optimistic and positive or it will be a long season 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, mccg said:

I've got a feeling he will score against Arsenal on Saturday and get his mojo back ...1st game at the bridge 2018/19 have to keep optimistic and positive or it will be a long season 

I'd be happy if he did. We could use him getting a few

But might have more chance of the wee baldy man putting one in maybe lol

• Like 1