Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Seriously why is he so highly rated? 11 goas in 52 matches at Real Madrid, 27 goals in 93 matches for Juve.

Of course he is very talented and he often plays good in big matches but he just doesn't score enough and he is 24..

4 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Seriously why is he so highly rated? 11 goas in 52 matches at Real Madrid, 27 goals in 93 matches for Juve.

Of course he is very talented and he often plays good in big matches but he just doesn't score enough and he is 24..

It's not always about sheer numbers or what is palpable on a spreadsheet. Brevity of goals scored, movement, vision, intelligence is often difficult to quantify and express through numbers and data. From what I've seen Alvaro Morata is a forward with a physical presence, intelligent movement and the technical skill to utilise both feet and head. Maybe that isn't what you desire in a striker but be sure that he has qualities that managers lust for otherwise he'd never have been playing for Real Madrid or Juventus. 

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's not always about sheer numbers or what is palpable on a spreadsheet. Brevity of goals scored, movement, vision, intelligence is often difficult to quantify and express through numbers and data. From what I've seen Alvaro Morata is a forward with a physical presence, intelligent movement and the technical skill to utilise both feet and head. Maybe that isn't what you desire in a striker but be sure that he has qualities that managers lust for otherwise he'd never have been playing for Real Madrid or Juventus. 

Spot on. This exactly why we should be after him. We need a striker that's actually a properly great footballer. Diego Costa is a brilliant goal scorer and is excellent off the ball, but he's admittedly quite limited technically.

Morata wouldn't need to score 20-25 goals to be considered a success.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Spot on. This exactly why we should be after him. We need a striker that's actually a properly great footballer. Diego Costa is a brilliant goal scorer and is excellent off the ball, but he's admittedly quite limited technically.

Morata wouldn't need to score 20-25 goals to be considered a success.

Well, it does look like we are seeing the rebirth of England's beloved 4-4-2. Football lives in cycles and it seems to me that we are witnessing the return of the 'big striker' 'little striker' dichotomy. Of course, strictly speaking I'm not just referring to their physical sizes.

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well, it does look like we are seeing the rebirth of England's beloved 4-4-2. Football lives in cycles and it seems to me that we are witnessing the return of the 'big striker' 'little striker' dichotomy. Of course, strictly speaking I'm not just referring to their physical sizes.

Yeah, and PL defenses already struggle against just a single striker. Imagine if teams had to not only deal with Costa but also another highly mobile striker. Then they'd still have Hazard and Willian to worry about too.

Look at the problems Watford gave everyone including the big clubs like ourselves and Arsenal by playing two up top. Or West Ham at times. It can certainly be highly effective even in modern football.

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, and PL defenses already struggle against just a single striker. Imagine if teams had to not only deal with Costa but also another highly mobile striker. Then they'd still have Hazard and Willian to worry about too.

Look at the problems Watford gave everyone including the big clubs like ourselves and Arsenal by playing two up top. Or West Ham at times. It can certainly be highly effective even in modern football.

That is the thing. I believe 4-4-2 is modern football!

4 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

No doubt, football has evolved again and 4-4-2 is modern.

I cannot think of all the examples (perhaps you can help with that) but I know for a fact that Real Madrid and Atletico have both employed the 4-4-2 in the past two years. Even as Pizy said clubs like Watford and West Ham are enjoying the new found success with this approach. I could be wrong but I do believe that Max Allegri's Juventus are also fond of the 4-4-2. 

I find great joy in the irony of England's best chances lying in the 4-4-2. For years Three Lions managers struggled to let go of this tactic and now that everything has come full circle; England's once weakness could be a strength.

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

I cannot think of all the examples (perhaps you can help with that) but I know for a fact that Real Madrid and Atletico have both employed the 4-4-2 in the past two years. Even as Pizy said clubs like Watford and West Ham are enjoying the new found success with this approach. I could be wrong but I do believe that Max Allegri's Juventus are also fond of the 4-4-2. 

I find great joy in the irony of England's best chances lying in the 4-4-2. For years Three Lions managers struggled to let go of this tactic and now that everything has come full circle; England's once weakness could be a strength.

Man City used it to great effect just before Pellegrini went there with Agüero, Dzeko, Negredo, etc. A more traditional #9 (Dzeko) paired with a supremely gifted and technical one in Agüero. 

Liverpool used Suarez and Sturridge very effectively together. Two technically gifted strikers can work too.

10 hours ago, Spike said:

Good call, I agree, but goals are still very important. We really need a scorer.

13 hours ago, Spike said:

Im a juventino, i can tell you that the worst fault of Morata is when run with the ball with the head down without seeing the game. Another weakness is his mentally, this year he has been very very inconstant beacause of his girlfriend...

He has got great physical skills, fast run, good technical quality.

I love Alvaro

24 minutes ago, DelPiero10 said:

Im a juventino, i can tell you that the worst fault of Morata is when run with the ball with the head down without seeing the game. Another weakness is his mentally, this year he has been very very inconstant beacause of his girlfriend...

He has got great physical skills, fast run, good technical quality.

I love Alvaro

Do u think conte would do a good job at Chelsea mate?? And who's the better manager between Allegri or Conte??

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

The names mentioned I like a lot....the likes of Morata, Lukaku and Huguain etc but I would love us to really be bold and push for Aubameyang, that lad is some player.

Aubameyang pace is scary i think Aubameyang would do well in the PL