Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Álvaro Morata


The Skipper
 Share
Followers 2

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

People defended Torres soo heavily because he always gave 100% despite playing like a plumber for Gillingham. Nobody is giving up on Morata yet but the scars run deep from past failings of the number 9 spot. I think people are more scared of history repeating itself. 

oh god not this number 9 BS again

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fucking hell this thread has become pathetic. 

The conditions couldn't have been worse for a debut performance. But he gave Chelsea fans something to be positive about. Well done, son.

This thread is beyond pathetic. People are actually calling him Torres #2 for 20 minutes of play where he was completely isolated upfront and a penalty he missed. What would you expect Morata to do in

Posted Images

Just now, lucashm said:

Not this number 9 BS again

It's more to do with position rather than numbers. You can't deny that this position has been a problem in the past.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DDA said:

It's more to do with position rather than numbers. You can't deny that this position has been a problem in the past.

It's been a problem for what? 2-3 seasons? Which coincidentally were the seasons that Torres was leading our line? Yeah i cant deny that, but that happened because Torres was a shit player( with us), all we did was buy a good player again and voi la, it worked.

The reason that Morata is being given so much grief is PURELY due to the fact that for some fucking reason he reminds a few people of Torres

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lucashm said:

It's been a problem for what? 2-3 seasons? Which coincidentally were the seasons that Torres was leading our line? Yeah i cant deny that, but that happened because Torres was a shit player( with us), all we did was buy a good player again and voi la, it worked.

The reason that Morata is being given so much grief is PURELY due to the fact that for some fucking reason he reminds a few people of Torres

You think it is just Torres who has flopped as a striker at Chelsea?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can not actually believe some of the shit I am reading in this thread. Not actually started a game as are main strikers yet, but u guys crack on and slate him. Absolutely ridiculous give the guy a chance ffs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DDA said:

You think it is just Torres who has flopped as a striker at Chelsea?? 

There is a big difference between strikers who have flopped for Chelsea and first choice strikers who have flopped.

We've definitely brought some dross, but certainly in the last 20 years I can only think of Torres and Sutton as first choice strikers who have been pitiful. 

Zola, Vialli, Hughes, Flo, Hasselbaink, Drogba, Costa...we've far from had it too bad.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

To be fair to him he won more headers in the last 15 minutes than Costa did for 3 years. 

I think we all need to keep faith, he'll prove to be a good buy I'm sure of it.

Great stats. He also wore #9 shirt more times in the last 15 minutes than Costa did in his entire career.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

Morata: 20 mins- 5 aerials won

Batshuayi: 80 mins - 0 aerials won

I like the different dynamic they both bring. 

I don't know if I mentioned it in my previous post, but Morata has looked a bit slower than usual. Might just be the preseason and all, but usually, from the highlights and few games I've seen of him, he is a bit of a speedster. Once his fitness is there again, I'm looking forward to see what he can do. Like I said, wasn't too thrilled with the signing, but after watching him, I've become a fan. Weird, seeing as how most have been disappointed with him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

FERNAAAANDO TORRES, CHELSEA'S NUMBER NINE!

Oh, wait! :D

I'm just kidding, it was just a bad game. He only had a few trainings with the team. Cut the guy some slack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Henrique said:

Great stats. He also wore #9 shirt more times in the last 15 minutes than Costa did in his entire career.

I think the hint of sarcasm in my post may have been lost on you.

The whole point is this forum overreacts on a whim. If he scored 2 goals next weekend he'll be the second coming of pele.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thor said:

I was one of few against the signing on the board, and thought we should have gone for Lukaku, but after watching him play last night, I thought he did really well. 

I commented on the missed penalty just as some perspective based on how some on this board will bash one player for a certain thing, but another will get a pass. At the end of the day, should hit that nearly every time, but it happens. I won't blame him for the missed penalty. Everyone misses. 

Aside from his very first touch in the game where he bobbled it and lost it in the middle of the park, he was very impressive with his hold up and distribution off some difficult balls. Courtois was lobbing them to him and nearly every time he was around the ball, he controlled it or headed it to one of our men. Obviously when we're playing our best side, that will come extremely handy. Something we didn't get much of with Costa in the line up. 

 

this, it is just crazy that the one who wanted Lukaku (including me) is the one that actually impressed with morata. I was also impressed, in 20 minutes his perfomance I thought was quite good.

His link up play and passing is just so much cleaner than Costa, no wonder he is a better no 9 for spain compare to Diego. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Thor said:

I was one of few against the signing on the board, and thought we should have gone for Lukaku, but after watching him play last night, I thought he did really well. 

I commented on the missed penalty just as some perspective based on how some on this board will bash one player for a certain thing, but another will get a pass. At the end of the day, should hit that nearly every time, but it happens. I won't blame him for the missed penalty. Everyone misses. 

Aside from his very first touch in the game where he bobbled it and lost it in the middle of the park, he was very impressive with his hold up and distribution off some difficult balls. Courtois was lobbing them to him and nearly every time he was around the ball, he controlled it or headed it to one of our men. Obviously when we're playing our best side, that will come extremely handy. Something we didn't get much of with Costa in the line up. 

 

I came here to comment but this post already lays it out. 

Morata played far better than batshuayi imo and because he missed a penalty, he's been crucified.

People are acting as if he didn't play while we're with ten men. He made runs off the ball like costa and in his presence and running, we created more chances than when batshuayi was playing. He won more headers than batshuayi and Costa combined and could be a genuine aerial outlet for us. And most importantly, he wasn't losing the ball and passing it to the opponent like costa did in the second half last season. 

Hazard takes our penalties anyway, so I'm not worried if he's poor at them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...