Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

He is still lacking in fitness imo, one of the most stationary offensive players we have, but I really think he is a quality player. He did pretty well on the ball today, and added another G+A to his tally.

Even though we have had a tougher schedule than Man Utd and bigger problems with our squad and red cards, Morata has already more points to his name than Lukaku. He has also played less. 

Morata is currently on 47 min/point, while Lukaku is on 90 min/point. 

A tad dodgy with his touches today, looked uncertain, ran out of the steam in the second half again. On the positive side, got another goal and an assist and link up the play pretty decent at times. Still a work in progress but there are promising signs.

Average performance but still a well taken goal and assist. Once he is fully fit and embedded in the team he will take some stopping. Fast, good movement and link ipnplay, great in the air, good on the ball. There are not many strikers like this out there.

Average game in terms of playing football, but hell yeah I'll take that always if it means he's gonna score and make an assist :D Needs to improve his fitness a lot I think, but it's good that he's impacting games this early in his Chelsea career, media vultures will not make Torres comparisons to put pressure on him now.

Morata's movement in the box is pure quality. You can tell he's trained with some of the best strikers in the game, Ronaldo for example; They way Morata attacks the ball on crosses really remind me of Ronaldo's movement in similar situations.

I had my doubts but I think he'll become a top striker, if he isn't there or on the brink of it. Fast, strong, good link-up play and decent at holding the ball - he can improve in this aspect -, and very solid finishing.

I can't wait till he plays with Eden. Eden to break his goal tally for the club once again, imagine what he's capable of in terms of numbers when he has a striker who won't screw up a simple one-two almost every time. The Belgian thrives on link-up play.

I feel that he wouldnt be effective in a single striker setup ... However, he will thrive with a 2 striker strategy or along side a attacking midfielder who wouldnt drift behind to defend. He has good movement in the box and eye for goal but he cant do a Costa for us if that is the expectation.  

He's one of those players that might be quiet for 70 minutes and then a ball behind or over the top and he scores, his movement is excellent.

He's unselfish, he's good at what he does and he is a lethal threat in the air.

43 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

He's clearly still adjusting to the league (though the ref today was practically taking the piss all the fouls he was not giving him).

That! Nothing new with us but I certainly felt Jon Moss didn't give us anything because he thought Morata was looking for the foul every single time he went down.