The Skipper
Followers 2

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fucking hell this thread has become pathetic. 

The conditions couldn't have been worse for a debut performance. But he gave Chelsea fans something to be positive about. Well done, son.

This thread is beyond pathetic. People are actually calling him Torres #2 for 20 minutes of play where he was completely isolated upfront and a penalty he missed. What would you expect Morata to do in

Posted Images

I tried to be irrationally positive in support of Morata. I have completely given up now haha he is just a total liaibility. We will have to splash cash in the market to fix the problem the same way we did with Kepa. I like Batsman, but its a big jump to rely on him next year with Giroud alone. 

On 9/22/2018 at 6:41 PM, kellzfresh said:

He's more concerned about looking pretty than hitting the target with his shots

And thats what Mat K is probably thinking when he plays with his hair.

Its beyond iinfuriating just how many chances this lad misses. Week in week out he gets set up and ALWAYS manages to miss

I was one that thought we had done good business when we bought him and still had high hopes for him specially when Satti came in but  I dont care how much we sell him for he needs to piss off now.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Last night he was again guilty of dithering on the ball, he is so slow to release it, and his lack of shielding doesn't help that.

I have no idea what hes good at.

Missing!!!! Making us swear! 

Its so frustrating but I don't think he's gana suddenly turn into the player he was and should be. Another expensive mistake and time to let go. If does well elsewhere good on him but can't give him longer really 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Last night he was again guilty of dithering on the ball, he is so slow to release it, and his lack of shielding doesn't help that.

I have no idea what hes good at.

You're dead right mate. Excellent choice of word for him

We should send him a summons. TalkChelsea have found you guilty of dithering you blithering ijit!

I would like nothing better for him to prove us all dead wrong but really cant see any chance of it.

But we are going to lose our arses on him money wise. And IF Eden decides to do one we wont get near £100 mill for him.

Not going to be able to get the 5 upgrades I'd love us to get.

• Like 2

We should sell Bats and loan/sell Morata next summer. Keep Giroud as a backup, use money of those two, add some more and bring quality striker. Even someone like Lacazette would be huge upgrade on what we have.

Just save what you can save from this situation. I would be content if we somehow get 40 millions for him.

at this point, I just want a solid striker. someone who is emotionally stable can be in and out the team without losing confidence. Scores his fair share and has ok link up play and dribbling. Basically a younger, quicker , more clinical Giroud. I think nowadays for striker it is more important to be a jack of all trades than someone who is a pure finisher but does not do anything else like Bats. (Still prefer Bats over Morata with our current system). But at the same time it does not help when you are quick and decent pace and size but cant use it like Morata. As soon as one of the boxes is not at least half ticked the striker becomes a complete liability. Also because of the dominance of the inverted wingers being the most potent threads in most top teams, strikers have a hard time to shine as such. Combine that with the current say moderate average class of top-league strikers available. Really bonkers how we splashed out 70m on MOrata who never was the leading striker for any team and is not even caught out to be one. I doubt we would have finished lower than 5th last season with any other average EPL striker. A lot of strikers go into weeks and weeks of not scoring and the media blows it up like hell but only the bad ones let their confidence be affected by that. As so often in life, it does not matter why you got down it counts how you get up, again and again and again that takes strength of character and will but that is exactly what we are missing from Morata. 

• Like 2

Conte's cock-up with Costa looks worse with each passing week, month, year.

Diego would score 30 in Sarriball, and put some steel into the middle.

At this point I am all for either recalling Bats and giving him a full half season try, loaning Morata to Derby (not joking) and seeing if Lamps can get his confidence back, and maybe get promoted so Mount gets EPL experience, plus making a move for Anthony Modeste, who is in China, only 30 (so a good 2, 3 year stop-gap) would be very affordable,  and scored 34 goals (25 in Bundesliga league games) for a pretty shit (now relegated after he left) Köln team in 43 games all comps in 2016-17.

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Conte's cock-up with Costa looks worse with each passing week, month, year.

Diego would score 30 in Sarriball, and put some steel into the middle.

At this point I am all for either recalling Bats and giving him a full half season try, loaning Morata to Derby (not joking) and seeing if Lamps can get his confidence back, and maybe get promoted so Mount gets EPL experience, plus making a move for Anthony Modeste, who is in China, only 30 (so a good 2, 3 year stop-gap) would be very affordable,  and scored 34 goals (25 in Bundesliga league games) for a pretty shit (now relegated after he left) Köln team in 43 games all comps in 2016-17.

Mate what did you expect Conte to do? OK The way he went about it by text was wrong but if the mardy arsed manchild was throwing tantrums and camped out on Athleticos doorstep with a begging bold in hand - basically much worse than whatever T'Boa did - and didn't come back. Then Conte had a mloomin right to sack his arse.

If he was some Morata type everyone now would be raging at Diego more than we are at T'Boa but because he scored a few we treat him different!

I loved the guy but when someone acts like he did its just out of order.

The board should have jumped in on Contes side straight away and the whole Player Power shit wouldn't have happened

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Mate what did you expect Conte to do? OK The way he went about it by text was wrong but if the mardy arsed manchild was throwing tantrums and camped out on Athleticos doorstep with a begging bold in hand - basically much worse than whatever T'Boa did - and didn't come back. Then Conte had a mloomin right to sack his arse.

If he was some Morata type everyone now would be raging at Diego more than we are at T'Boa but because he scored a few we treat him different!

I loved the guy but when someone acts like he did its just out of order.

The board should have jumped in on Contes side straight away and the whole Player Power shit wouldn't have happened

The text kicked it all off.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The text kicked it all off.

He threw all his toys out of his pram before that tho.

He was a proper Diva.

And we forget that  he went for many games without scoring, Peeps on here were wanting his blood.. All that gets forgotten

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Mana said:

Conte shouting at him in January kicked it off tbh. If Costa was misbehaving, this is where your player management skills comes in. Conte obviously lacks this against big players.

What big players?

Like Willian and Luiz throwing hissy fits for being benched and moaning cause their mate wasn;t there?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mana said:

Willian and Luiz aren't big players. :P

But still, it was more than that. It's obvious that Conte had a bust up behind the scenes with those two. Other players were fine with Conte (except Hazard who didn't like his tactics).

It was basically Luiz I think. He started off getting injured but it didn't seem to get better. We never know whether that was Luiz pulling a quick one trying to be funny because of his mate Diego getting stroppy or if it was Conte and a clash of characters.

Then of course Luizs best mate Willian wasn't getting time cause Pedrp was starter and you can just imagine the comversations those 2 had 0 in the dressing room And that type of mood is catching isn't it.

I can only remember Dave coming down on Contes side. They all moaned about too much training from Day 1.

It was probably difficult having another tough manager after Mou

And now cause Sarri is softer on them they love him

I know managers shouldn't have favorites and not get emotional but it myst be hard dealing with some players and their egos. Specially hot blooded passionate managers. You stick a player with that same mentality up against him and bet theres fireworks

Just like Mou and Pogba now lol Light the blue touch paper and stand well back!

• Like 1

All else aside, IF we don't sell his arse and get a REAL striker, we are fucked in so many crucial moments. No, Giroud is not the answer, that is patently ridiculous, as we do NOT have any real goal scorers other than Hazard and a sometimes-playing Pedro. Alonso cannot carry the scoring load, that is crazy to rely on a left back to pick up slack.

Our striker situ is a genuine shitshow.:(