Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Álvaro Morata


The Skipper
 Share
Followers 2

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fucking hell this thread has become pathetic. 

The conditions couldn't have been worse for a debut performance. But he gave Chelsea fans something to be positive about. Well done, son.

This thread is beyond pathetic. People are actually calling him Torres #2 for 20 minutes of play where he was completely isolated upfront and a penalty he missed. What would you expect Morata to do in

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Damn, I totally forgot this. Fuck. Good catch. GRRRRR

He could still be a bargain (relatively speaking) next summer.  BUT, if Mou is gone (likely), there's a good chance he re-signs.  We need Man Utd to do just good enough.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wont praise or blame this guy anymore. This season its make it or break it, lets give him the support till end of season, no matter what.

But if he doesnt get his shit by the end of it, I expect the club to sell him and get a proper striker, be it someone well known like Icardi or someone completely under the radar like Maxi Gomez, young Celta striker who could well be Diego Costa regen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I wont praise or blame this guy anymore. This season its make it or break it, lets give him the support till end of season, no matter what.

But if he doesnt get his shit by the end of it, I expect the club to sell him and get a proper striker, be it someone well known like Icardi or someone completely under the radar like Maxi Gomez, young Celta striker who could well be Diego Costa regen.

Maxi is the right name, lolol. He has real weight issues. Not sure if he could handle the pace of the EPL.

V19G7784.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Maxi is the right name, lolol. He has real weight issues. Not sure if he could handle the pace of the EPL.

V19G7784.jpg

He has a build like Gazzas mate 5 bellys!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea news: Worrying Alvaro Morata admission made by Maurizio Sarri after PAOK display

CHELSEA boss Maurizio Sarri has admitted he cannot do much more for Alvaro Morata at the minute until he begins to score goals and regain some much-needed confidence

“Alvaro has to gain confidence with one, two, three goals. I am not able to give him confidence. 

“In this match he has had three, four opportunities. He was unlucky. 

“I hope for him that in the future I can try to help him, but the confidence can become only with goals. With two goals in two matches. I don't know.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1020656/Chelsea-news-Alvaro-Morata-Maurizio-Sarri-PAOK-Europa-League

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vesper said:

Maxi is the right name, lolol. He has real weight issues. Not sure if he could handle the pace of the EPL.

V19G7784.jpg

You know he is quite fast? Has very stocky build, but that doesnt cause him any issues, he plays 90min every week and has good pace. Doesnt stop him from scoring for fun either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarri is ruthless, he won't play him if he continues like this, plus, when Giroud plays as he did against Cardiff it compounds just how far the gap is in quality.

I mean just look at Giroud when he came, immediately had their defenders on the back foot.

Giroud has to start v WHU on Sunday, they will be well up for this and we need a warrior up front and not a fucking pansy.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

You know he is quite fast? Has very stocky build, but that doesnt cause him any issues, he plays 90min every week and has good pace. Doesnt stop him from scoring for fun either.

I did see him play a couple times when I was watching a couple of other Celta players, Hugo Mallo their RB and captain, and Pione Sisto, their LW 

he didn't score, and TBH, he had off games

 

where would place him on this list of  my striker targets?

In order:

Paulo Dybala

Mauro Icardi

Anthony Martial (not as a LW)

Ciro Immobile (downside, he turns 30 in middle of 2019/20 season)

Andrea Belotti

Timo Werner

Krzysztof Piatek (really interested in him, he has exploded so far this year, H/T to UJ)

Lautaro Martínez

Pietro Pellegri (17yo wonderkid, now on Monaco)

Giovanni Simeone

Patrick Cutrone

Jean-Kévin Augustin

Lincoln - Flamengo (17yo Brasilian who Barca and RM are all over)

Matheus Cunha

Breel Embolo

Lucas Alario

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Patrik Schick

Moise Kean

Myziane Maolida

Mariano Díaz

Davie Selke

Santi Mina

Paco Alcácer

Kasper Dolberg

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vesper said:

I did see him play a couple times when I was watching a couple of other Celta players, Hugo Mallo their RB and captain, and Pione Sisto, their LW 

he didn't score, and TBH, he had off games

 

where would place him on this list of  my striker targets?

In order:

Paulo Dybala

Mauro Icardi

Anthony Martial (not as a LW)

Ciro Immobile (downside, he turns 30 in middle of 2019/20 season)

Andrea Belotti

Timo Werner

Krzysztof Piatek (really interested in him, he has exploded so far this year, H/T to UJ)

Lautaro Martínez

Pietro Pellegri (17yo wonderkid, now on Monaco)

Giovanni Simeone

Patrick Cutrone

Jean-Kévin Augustin

Lincoln - Flamengo (17yo Brasilian who Barca and RM are all over)

Matheus Cunha

Breel Embolo

Lucas Alario

Aleksandar Mitrovic

Patrik Schick

Moise Kean

Myziane Maolida

Mariano Díaz

Davie Selke

Santi Mina

Paco Alcácer

Kasper Dolberg

 

 

 

Probably behind Icardi, Dybala, Martial (I dont like his attitude, but he has talent to make it still). Simeone, Werner would be around same level on my list. Others are far too young and inconsistent to succeed here due to pressure. 

Immobile and Belotti are not worth the hassle IMO and Selke, Dolberg, Alcacer havent done anything to deserve place at Chelsea either.

I do have soft spot for Mina who impressed me two seasons ago when he was only good Valencia player in that shit season. But he probably wont be chelsea starter quality. I do look forward to see what Dembele shows in Lyon, they have done some miracles with young players recently, so it should be interesting. 

To wrap it, right now I would only test my luck with Dybala, Icardi and Martial, Gomez, Werner wild cards. Realisticaly, Icardi is probably our best option if we fork shitload of cash. But neither actualy screams to me "Get him now". Striker options are so poor these days.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Giroud has to start v WHU on Sunday, they will be well up for this and we need a warrior up front and not a fucking pansy.

Yeah its what I think too. The pikeys are going to try to rough our lads up. Put Eden and Jorgi on their arse.

Think they will try to wind Rudi and Luiz up too to get penalties.

No dount in my mind Giroo will start.

What I dont get is Sarri has obviously got a great footballing mind and putting Mertebns in as a striker showed that. So I don't get why hes not tried to use one of the other lads at it..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Probably behind Icardi, Dybala, Martial (I dont like his attitude, but he has talent to make it still). Simeone, Werner would be around same level on my list. Others are far too young and inconsistent to succeed here due to pressure. 

Immobile and Belotti are not worth the hassle IMO and Selke, Dolberg, Alcacer havent done anything to deserve place at Chelsea either.

I do have soft spot for Mina who impressed me two seasons ago when he was only good Valencia player in that shit season. But he probably wont be chelsea starter quality. I do look forward to see what Dembele shows in Lyon, they have done some miracles with young players recently, so it should be interesting. 

To wrap it, right now I would only test my luck with Dybala, Icardi and Martial, Gomez, Werner wild cards. Realisticaly, Icardi is probably our best option if we fork shitload of cash. But neither actualy screams to me "Get him now". Striker options are so poor these days.

I agree for the most part. Dembele almost made my list, actually probably should have. I threw almost all in, and many, like you said, are really young and unproven as of yet, but sometimes you can get lucky and/plan for the future.

Pellegri (I really think he will be a special player, the next great Italian striker)

Lincoln (also has HUGE potential)

Cunha

Kean

would be the 4 that fit that category the most, probably. 

 

Lautaro Martínez will be interesting to watch. The first game I saw him play he scored an insane goal for Inter. If he comes on like gangbusters it would make it a wee bit easier to prise away Icardi. Immobile is too old to offer a 5 year contract to, he would 34 at the end and he doesn't want to leave Lazio at thsi point.

What do you think of Piatek? He has had an incredible start for Genoa. If he does it the full year he maybe hard to overlook if the big 3 (Dybala, Icardi and Martial) are not doable for us. Simeone just below him, and I will place Maxi about there.

I also agree on Werner and Belotti being gambles, unless they really step it up. I think Werner will get snapped up by Bayern if he comes good in a huge way though.

Dybala and Icardi do scream 'come get me' for my own personal call, I just don't know I we can pull either off, especially Dybala. Real will get one or the other I am 80% sure. Messi is, however, a roadblock, at Barca, as he personally dislikes both Dybala and Icardi. I think he is a fool there. Messi is not a good judge of talent, it's by far his biggest weakness. He had a fit when Barca signed Ousmane Dembele, then wanted him sold, and now look what has happened. Dembele has exploded and I think will soon be a top 5 winger (either side counted) on the planet. He may be there now, if a person rates him over Sane and Bale. only TRUE wingers ahead if him are Mbappe, Neymar, Eden, and Salah IMHO, and Mbappe is a hybrid at times. I don't count Messi and Ronaldo as wingers. They play all over the pitch and CR7 seems to be a striker mostly now.

As for Martial, many of us here see him a striker, and I have no clue if the board or Sarri even thinks like this. I so hope they do.

Good chat!

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vesper said:

I agree for the most part. Dembele almost made my list, actually probably should have. I threw almost all in, and many, like you said, are really young and unproven as of yet, but sometimes you can get lucky and/plan for the future.

Pellegri (I really think he will be a special player, the next great Italian striker)

Lincoln (also has HUGE potential)

Cunha

Kean

would be the 4 that fit that category the most, probably. 

 

Lautaro Martínez will be interesting to watch. The first game I saw him play he scored an insane goal for Inter. If he comes on like gangbusters it would make it a wee bit easier to prise away Icardi. Immobile is too old to offer a 5 year contract to, he would 34 at the end and he doesn't want to leave Lazio at thsi point.

What do you think of Piatek? He has had an incredible start for Genoa. If he does it the full year he maybe hard to overlook if the big 3 (Dybala, Icardi and Martial) are not doable for us. Simeone just below him, and I will place Maxi about there.

I also agree on Werner and Belotti being gambles, unless they really step it up. I think Werner will get snapped up by Bayern if he comes good in a huge way though.

Dybala and Icardi do scream 'come get me' for my own personal call, I just don't know I we can pull either off, especially Dybala. Real will get one or the other I am 80% sure. Messi is, however, a roadblock, at Barca, as he personally dislikes both Dybala and Icardi. I think he is a fool there. Messi is not a good judge of talent, it's by far his biggest weakness. He had a fit when Barca signed Ousmane Dembele, then wanted him sold, and now look what has happened. Dembele has exploded and I think will soon be a top 5 winger (either side counted) on the planet. He may be there now, if a person rates him over Sane and Bale. only TRUE wingers ahead if him are Mbappe, Neymar, Eden, and Salah IMHO, and Mbappe is a hybrid at times. I don't count Messi and Ronaldo as wingers. They play all over the pitch and CR7 seems to be a striker mostly now.

As for Martial, many of us here see him a striker, and I have no clue if the board or Sarri even thinks like this. I so hope they do.

Good chat!

 

 

 

I would still put Talisca high on your list tho mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mana said:

People are still using that tired "he needs confidence" excuse. He needed confidence for years.

What he needs is to go somewhere else lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I would still put Talisca high on your list tho mate.

Those are strikers, not AMF's

That list (AMF) is really short for me (Isco ain't happening, unfortunately and I dun trust Fekir's knee after the scouser scum passed on him over it)

3 names

Talisca (January move)

Kai Havertz (if no Talisca in january, this is my actual favourite, BUT don't want to fuck up Bailey deal and make Bayer Leverkusen think we want to strip their team ( I would!!!)

Carlos Soler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vesper said:

If Morata had ONE TENTH the fire in his belly that Mitrovic has he would a top 10 striker. 

 

He's more concerned about looking pretty than hitting the target with his shots

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...