Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yaya is much better, Kante is better and Matic...from what I saw they are about the same level realy, but the fact that Bakayoko is quicker and more dynamic gives him advantage.

He'd be good for CM rotation I suppose 

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Shite sources, yes, but he'd be an absolutely fantastic start to the summer business.

I think they will sell him cause he rejected a new contract with Monaco and he's on last year of his contract in the summer 

8 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

He'd be good for CM rotation I suppose 

IMO he is almost good to go as starter. I always thought we need a ball playing CM, but more I look the games, the more it seems we realy need a Matic improvement. Someone quicker, more agile and with better technique. While its true, Eden needs to get in middle to collect the ball a lot because Matic cant bring the ball further up, it makes sense to get someone who can dictate and spray the balls to our attackers. But at same time, Matic role as defender is crucial. It allows Kante to roam, it gives balance to our defense. A playmaker would ruin all that, so unless you know perfect Matic/Cesc combo player we can buy, then we simply cant afford to have playmaker in middle. Many say we dont realy need height and strenght, and while its true, small players can work, I saw enough of PL to know there is no way we would play two small guys in middle of pitch whole season. Even the likes of Dahoud, he aint small by no mean but seriously anyone believes he would fit next to Kante? Anyway, the solution as long we play with two men in middle is Matic improvement and Bakayoko is everything you need. Perhaps even stronger than Matic, certainly quicker, younger, more dynamic, at least as good defender and miles better dribbler. As long our middfield can get the ball forward (which Kante and Baka could), then we would be just fine if we have two brilliant wingers.

People also forget that football is not fifa. In real life its not easy to change even the side you play nevermind whole formation. Bakayoko always plays on left side to Fabinho, in two man midfield with two wingers and two fullbacks. The exact same position Matic plays here. Fact that he would even have French partner in Kante is probably great too.

Yeah he makes simple passes most of the time, he prefers to dribble past opponents and then pass, rather make risky pass forward. Very raw passer. Sure he can pull great pass here and there, but so can Matic. If you look for Kroos, you will be dissapointed. If you look for Yaya or Vieira, then Bakayoko is the closest thing in years. His passing gets him down sometimes, because he gets the ball and then instead of passing forward, he just makes simple pass to nearest player, but his dribbling and ball control makes him great at pushing the ball forward without killing the tempo.

Its realy all about his role. If he gets free role to roam, his dribbling will be menance for any defense, if he gets the role like in city games when he has to stay deep, his passing will be the most basic.

I would be very happy with him. We need his type AND playmaker anyway, so by getting Baka, we cant lose realy.

29 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

IMO he is almost good to go as starter. I always thought we need a ball playing CM, but more I look the games, the more it seems we realy need a Matic improvement. Someone quicker, more agile and with better technique. While its true, Eden needs to get in middle to collect the ball a lot because Matic cant bring the ball further up, it makes sense to get someone who can dictate and spray the balls to our attackers. But at same time, Matic role as defender is crucial. It allows Kante to roam, it gives balance to our defense. A playmaker would ruin all that, so unless you know perfect Matic/Cesc combo player we can buy, then we simply cant afford to have playmaker in middle. Many say we dont realy need height and strenght, and while its true, small players can work, I saw enough of PL to know there is no way we would play two small guys in middle of pitch whole season. Even the likes of Dahoud, he aint small by no mean but seriously anyone believes he would fit next to Kante? Anyway, the solution as long we play with two men in middle is Matic improvement and Bakayoko is everything you need. Perhaps even stronger than Matic, certainly quicker, younger, more dynamic, at least as good defender and miles better dribbler. As long our middfield can get the ball forward (which Kante and Baka could), then we would be just fine if we have two brilliant wingers.

People also forget that football is not fifa. In real life its not easy to change even the side you play nevermind whole formation. Bakayoko always plays on left side to Fabinho, in two man midfield with two wingers and two fullbacks. The exact same position Matic plays here. Fact that he would even have French partner in Kante is probably great too.

Yeah he makes simple passes most of the time, he prefers to dribble past opponents and then pass, rather make risky pass forward. Very raw passer. Sure he can pull great pass here and there, but so can Matic. If you look for Kroos, you will be dissapointed. If you look for Yaya or Vieira, then Bakayoko is the closest thing in years. His passing gets him down sometimes, because he gets the ball and then instead of passing forward, he just makes simple pass to nearest player, but his dribbling and ball control makes him great at pushing the ball forward without killing the tempo.

Its realy all about his role. If he gets free role to roam, his dribbling will be menance for any defense, if he gets the role like in city games when he has to stay deep, his passing will be the most basic.

I would be very happy with him. We need his type AND playmaker anyway, so by getting Baka, we cant lose realy.

I've watched few videos of him (4min game vids). Doesn't seem like a Yaya Toure. More like a better Matic/Mikel. But I agree with what you've said. 

Just trying to figure how we can become competitive against Bayern and Real

If you want anyone close to Yaya Touré, you want Franck Kessie (according to the reports)

Seriously, I'm done with Chelsea fans slaying possible transfer targets for having a poor first touch because someone ever happens to say it. Sheep talk. People blasting Lukaku for having a shit first touch but claim Costa is the best striker in the world. No, he is the best non-technical striker in the world.

These fans can all have their own opinion but it's starting to get ridiculous. Our fans, most of them don't even know proper football, slagging of targets for having a poor first touch. Please fuck off. Someone on Twitter saying Bakayoko is the French Fabian Delph with a shit first touch. Holy shit.

This guy is great. Verratti is not happening. PSG won't sell him and also not for less then 100 million. Bakayoko is great. Was great against Spurs and City. Great first target to get in the summer. Shows the club is already working on it instead of waking up mid-summer and trying to get Nainggolan all summer who wants to stay with Roma.
People saying we should go for Fabinho are on Sofifa too much.

21 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

I've watched few videos of him (4min game vids). Doesn't seem like a Yaya Toure. More like a better Matic/Mikel. But I agree with what you've said. 

Just trying to figure how we can become competitive against Bayern and Real

Well there is only one Yaya only one Drogba etc...every player is different. But much like Yaya, Bakayoko is realy good dribbler and its very rare to have 1,88m player with such great ball control. I remember Yaya running through whole midfield and pop a torpedo on goal back in the day. Bakayoko is very similar, but he obviously doesnt have the shot. Both played in Monaco too, so there is a bit of similarity.

12 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

If you want anyone close to Yaya Touré, you want Franck Kessie (according to the reports)

Seriously, I'm done with Chelsea fans slaying possible transfer targets for having a poor first touch because someone ever happens to say it. Sheep talk. People blasting Lukaku for having a shit first touch but claim Costa is the best striker in the world. No, he is the best non-technical striker in the world.

These fans can all have their own opinion but it's starting to get ridiculous. Our fans, most of them don't even now proper football, slagging of targets for having a poor first touch. Please fuck off. Someone on Twitter saying Bakayoko is the French Fabian Delph with a shit first touch. Holy shit.

This guy is great. Verratti is not happening. PSG won't sell him and also not for less then 100 million. Bakayoko is great. Was great against Spurs and City. Great first target to get in the summer.
People saying we should go for Fabinho are on Sofifa too much.

Pogba (at least the one from Juve) is probably the very closest to what Yaya was. Great technique, great long shot, great passing and average tactical knowledge and defending.

Of the available players, IMO Bakayoko is very similar too. There are so many differences between Baka and Yaya, but also so many similarities. Watching Monaco games on some shit streams, one could swear its Yaya playing there.

Pogba (at least the one from Juve) is probably the very closest to what Yaya was. Great technique, great long shot, great passing and average tactical knowledge and defending.
Of the available players, IMO Bakayoko is very similar too. There are so many differences between Baka and Yaya, but also so many similarities. Watching Monaco games on some shit streams, one could swear its Yaya playing there.

Yaya or the French Fabian Delph with a shit first touch?

Lol just kidding.

Strengths

Bakayoko is an imposing figure in midfield – and while he used to be slender in his youth, he's grown into an athlete of great physical prowess.

He's quick, reads the game well, makes a lot of interceptions and is stong in the tackle, while he can also build play with his quality passing and good dribbling skills. It's easy to see why comparisons with Toure abound.

Weaknesses

Bakayoko has been exceptional in the last few months, but he's been known to be inconsistent in the past and there's no guarantee that such problems are gone forever.

He can still lose concentration from time to time, and currently needs an experienced leader alongside him to shine, while there's also work to be done to improve his goalscoring record.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/tiemoue-bakayoko-meet-monacos-midfield-general-being-squabbled-over-manchester-united-and#FmdUyk7BjR5ZXsUW.99

If I had to pick to pick between Fabinho and Bakayoko, I'd always pick Fabinho. Bakayoko is the superior athlete and stronger in challenges, but technically and tactically Fabinho is without a doubt a class above Baka. When you see the both of them play, it's clear to see Fabinho finds playing football easier than Baka. And Fabinho is no slouch athletically either. Tall, strong, good engine, deceptively quick and effective in challenges.

If Fabinho is unavailable to Chelsea though, Baka is probably one of Chelsea's better options in the middle.

If Conye has decided he wants him then its good enough for me.

If anyone can tell if a CM is good enough to play with us then its Conte.All thays supposedly happened so far is personal terms are agreed. Summer is a long way off .

But seeing as ?I dont know very much at all about him, from what Ive read,seen,read your commenys he seems pretty good.

Bakayoko is still young. Working with Conte might unearth some hidden depths. I think he is a great choice and will help us control the middle a lot more than we do now. 

Is he better than Kessie or Fabinho? It does not depend just on the player, but also on the role he needs to fulfill. Fabinho is clearly the more complete player, but Bakayoko is better physically. If the player is meant to protect the middle, run a lot and act mostly as a destroyer than Bakayoko is the better option. 

I doubt we have secured him yet though, but he would be a good player for us I believe. 

44 minutes ago, Rekin said:

Bakayoko is still young. Working with Conte might unearth some hidden depths. I think he is a great choice and will help us control the middle a lot more than we do now. 

Is he better than Kessie or Fabinho? It does not depend just on the player, but also on the role he needs to fulfill. Fabinho is clearly the more complete player, but Bakayoko is better physically. If the player is meant to protect the middle, run a lot and act mostly as a destroyer than Bakayoko is the better option. 

I doubt we have secured him yet though, but he would be a good player for us I believe. 

Wonder why we aren't after Fabiano since everyone seems to think he's the better option. Maybe he's weak defensively?

Is he really that much more promising than Chalobah? I'd rather give Nathaniel a proper chance (he hasn't put a foot wrong all season) as the more physical midfield option and instead invest the money on a new central midfielder in the mould of Modric, Verratti etc.