Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

sometimes I ask me if our observators looks at players before take him. Bakayoko was already sh*t at Monaco, looking at team results or the tecnhique ed skills of a player? It was been with baka, but also with several others!

7 hours ago, BlueGuy said:

sometimes I ask me if our observators looks at players before take him. Bakayoko was already sh*t at Monaco, looking at team results or the tecnhique ed skills of a player? It was been with baka, but also with several others!

Tbf at Monaco in the CL run and their Ligue 1 win he obviously made an impression against some teams but I think some people still got carried away with the comparisons/praises when we were linked because of the Monaco games against City particularly.

I remember thinking he wasn’t an upgrade on Nemanja Matic from the previous season based on what I had seen. Matic’s role in that team will always be under appreciated due to Kante’s impact that season we won the title, like many felt and many also though selling him would be fine because of his age, United wanted him and the fact Bakayoko was supposed to be our new “midfield general” or the new Yaya Toure (😂) which were both extremely hopeful based on a handful of games.

Speaks volumes about Bakayoko’s level that Conte wanted to keep Matic still despite the club having signed Bakayoko. Maybe would of grew into a good player with a bit of work but hasn’t done so. And was a utter disaster after the game v United really. Was like a championship/league 1 player was playing in midfield for us. First touch like a rapist. Seen blind men who could pass the ball better. Should have kept Matic and Chalobah and used the 40m somewhere else. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

• 2 weeks later...

fuck🤬

Player ‘will return to Chelsea’ – Club ‘have no intention of buying him’, do not want to spend €18m (£15.4m)

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-will-return-Chelsea-club-no-intention-buying-not-want-spend-e18m/

If there’s a certainty in Chelsea’s upcoming transfer market, it’s that they are going to have to decide what to do with Tiemoué Bakayoko.

The midfielder is currently on loan at Napoli, and while he’s played a regular role under Gennaro Gattuso, the prospect of keeping him beyond the current campaign isn’t one being entertained in the south of Italy.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, corroborating a number of previous reports on the matter, the Italians ‘have no intention of buying him’, and the player ‘will return to Chelsea’.

The reason for that is, other than the up and down performances, the cost: Napoli ‘would have to give €18m to the English club’.

That’s an amount they are ‘not contemplating in the next operations’, meaning they will be looking elsewhere for their midfield should they decide to reinforce in the position.

A lot will likely depend on whether or not Gattuso continues at the helm, but regardless, it seems Chelsea will need to welcome Bakayoko back and find him a new club sharpish, as his current deal at Stamford Bridge expires in 2022.

2465d50c474074a5517f1e4f94133eaf.png

b61ada8db4e3abfda4b8b22ee27a39be.png

Edited by Vesper

That window with him,morata, zappacosta and drinkwater must have been the worst in the last 10 years. Almost 200m in fees and wages down the drain. Incredible how the club recovered from that barely taking a financial hit. Not even the Kepa Jorginho window was that bad with both at least having a few half decent games for us. So so hope that now with Petr as advisor we have a bit more footballing brain power on board.

As for Bakayoko, stick him to the reserves or Vitesse forall I care.TT has worked miracles on some guys but i guess Baka is a lost cause.

Edited by Magic Lamps

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2021 at 18:28, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf at Monaco in the CL run and their Ligue 1 win he obviously made an impression against some teams but I think some people still got carried away with the comparisons/praises when we were linked because of the Monaco games against City particularly.

I remember thinking he wasn’t an upgrade on Nemanja Matic from the previous season based on what I had seen. Matic’s role in that team will always be under appreciated due to Kante’s impact that season we won the title, like many felt and many also though selling him would be fine because of his age, United wanted him and the fact Bakayoko was supposed to be our new “midfield general” or the new Yaya Toure (😂) which were both extremely hopeful based on a handful of games.

Speaks volumes about Bakayoko’s level that Conte wanted to keep Matic still despite the club having signed Bakayoko. Maybe would of grew into a good player with a bit of work but hasn’t done so. And was a utter disaster after the game v United really. Was like a championship/league 1 player was playing in midfield for us. First touch like a rapist. Seen blind men who could pass the ball better. Should have kept Matic and Chalobah and used the 40m somewhere else. 

The thing that is sad was that if anyone bothered to watch he was being carried by Fabinho in that Monaco team. I was fuming when we were linked with him as I knew he would be dire. 

Personally, what I want to know, is what happened to our scouting system between 2016-2018. Some people blame Conte but I do not buy it, as whilst I accept players like Drinkwater, Zappa and Alonso may have been his picks (although 2nd/3rd at times), I am pretty sure he wasn't picking what I call 'the prototypical Chelsea signings' i.e. players between the ages of 19-26 who 'have potential' or are reasonably cheap for their profile. 

I mean, who signed off on this list: 

Batsh*t, Baka, Kepa, Barkley, Emerson, Morata (maybe a 2nd/3rd choice option for Conte, although not sure as I think Conte realised he was a wimp)

I really do not see Conte wanting any of those players. At best, maybe he went I want a new LB, gave a name, then got given Emerson etc. 

every time I hear folks calling Jorginho "shit" I think to myself, what does it make Bakayoko? 😉

Honestly, he's unplayable at Chelsea. literally any academy player can do a better job than him.

Mikel was the worst midfielder I've seen play for Chelsea (yes, Drinkwater had more range), well that until bakayoko came along.

3 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Mikel was the worst midfielder I've seen play for Chelsea (yes, Drinkwater had more range)

Mikel is a two-time Premier League champion, three-time FA Cup winner, a Champions League and Europa League winner. 

200.gif