Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

3 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

He's shit for us before he's even signed?

That's forward planning right there!

well and if he flops all you will complain we spend money on average players. 

One thing, it can go 50:50 with Rudiger. But right now after all these years of average players, I would for once prefer us to go after proven top quality. It is not Rudiger. Or Manolas. Why cant we target top CBs out there like other clubs would do? 

I see real picture where we are right now. Its a result of playing average players for high prices and hope they will do well. But most dont and next summer same story. 

Either buy some kiddo for 10m or splash 50m on top player. Im tired of us paying 30-40m on average players who are only decent but when combined, they cost hundreds of millions. 

Rudiger is like Baba right now. Damn high price but shown nothing to be realy worth that price. He has potential, but is his potential realy worth 40m? Bayern paid alot for Sanches or Coman while they shown little before. But we cant afford that risk right now to spend on Comans and Sancheses and Rudigers and Stones etc. We need proven players. Leaders. 

Big price for proven quality. Or if the board thinks they have become magicians in turning up and coming players in world stars, then get talents who wont cost more than 20m and even that can be alot. But dont pay fucking 40m or whatever on players like Rudiger or Stones because the risk is damn high, while the price is damn high too. 

I would much rather if football went in different direction with these potential players. They should be bought based on their current skill and if they make it, simple clauses with add ons to the former club. Everyone is happy. But Im sick of spending all this money on players who choke in every big game. In past at least you knew if you spent big you got results in 90% of cases. 

I have nothing against Rudiger but more about the board for making such interest in this kind of players instead of going for proven players. 

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

One thing, it can go 50:50 with Rudiger. But right now after all these years of average players, I would for once prefer us to go after proven top quality. It is not Rudiger. Or Manolas. Why cant we target top CBs out there like other clubs would do? 

I see real picture where we are right now. Its a result of playing average players for high prices and hope they will do well. But most dont and next summer same story. 

Either buy some kiddo for 10m or splash 50m on top player. Im tired of us paying 30-40m on average players who are only decent but when combined, they cost hundreds of millions. 

Rudiger is like Baba right now. Damn high price but shown nothing to be realy worth that price. He has potential, but is his potential realy worth 40m? Bayern paid alot for Sanches or Coman while they shown little before. But we cant afford that risk right now to spend on Comans and Sancheses and Rudigers and Stones etc. We need proven players. Leaders. 

Big price for proven quality. Or if the board thinks they have become magicians in turning up and coming players in world stars, then get talents who wont cost more than 20m and even that can be alot. But dont pay fucking 40m or whatever on players like Rudiger or Stones because the risk is damn high, while the price is damn high too. 

I would much rather if football went in different direction with these potential players. They should be bought based on their current skill and if they make it, simple clauses with add ons to the former club. Everyone is happy. But Im sick of spending all this money on players who choke in every big game. In past at least you knew if you spent big you got results in 90% of cases. 

I have nothing against Rudiger but more about the board for making such interest in this kind of players instead of going for proven players. 

Fair enough. I see you but for what you know, we might still well go after a more proven CB. Conte may well go after Bonucci however prizing him away will be difficult but people are acting as if Rudiger is our final piece of business. The transfer window has got ages to go and there will be a lot more movement pre and after Euros. Let's just wait and see who else we recruit. If Rudiger is the only CB bought in then fair enough but like I said, we will buy a few players I am sure. Let's just wait and see.

4 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

I dare you to mention one WC CB who we'll be able to lure away. Please. And don't tell me Bonucci, cuz I'll bet my house on him staying.

While not WC, there's a good amount of options we can go after and are better than Rudiger.
Koulibaly/Bailly/Umtiti and bid for Marquinhos finally :lol:

Is it me or is the forum's background white now?

Just think about it, before you criticize our board.

Our main CB targets according to rumours are Koulibaly and Rüdiger :
- They both play in Serie A
- Their style match Conte's philosophy
- They are strong, tall, fast and like to drive forward with the ball

So they are more than obviously players that Conte wants. He likes them, he thinks they are the best players for his system and that's it. He is the coach and he will be responsible for Chelsea results in next season. Maybe Rudiger or Koulibaly aren't better overall defenders than Marquinhos or someone else but they have qualities that Conte appreciate. 

Example: Ibrahimovic is probably better striker than Vardy but he would be lost in Leicester this year and Leicester would be a far worse team with him. 

I am more than happy with all the rumours because all the players (Naingollan, Koulibaly, Rudiger, Asamoah) are perfectly suited for his system. You were all bit*hing when we've bought players just because board wanted them and not the coach himself. 

Let's put some positive energy in this transfer window! CMON CHELSEA ! :D

Been hard at work on my YouTube scouting (:D) and I must say that Koulibaly looks the much better player than Rüdiger to me. Koulibaly looks like an absolute beast, in fact. He reminds me of Vincent Kompany at his best from a few years ago.

I hope we land him, but I'd be fairly satisfied with Rüdiger.

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

While not WC, there's a good amount of options we can go after and are better than Rudiger.
Koulibaly/Bailly/Umtiti and bid for Marquinhos finally :lol:

Is it me or is the forum's background white now?

Really? And how would we know that now? I agree Marquinhos is better. Yes. But why would he want to come to us exactly?

About the other 3. Yes, Koulibaly made an immense season and did look better than Rudiger, BUT so did Mangala at Porto. 

Bailly - Is NOT in any way better than Rüdiger. On FM maybe, but not right now. He won't be a better choice and I'd argue he's not even more mature than him. 

Umtiti - While I agree for a CB of his size(he is shorter) he is immensily fast and puts in a great tackle, he isn't the finished material just yet, so he is on par I'd say.

Not to mention that ALL 4 may struggle to adapt and turn out to be just a baloon that pops. So, we can't actually say which of these CB's with nearly the same resume is better and who'd fit us more.

If we were signing a Thiago Silva or Bonucci or someone else of the WC mould then we can argue. Right now, we are focused on Rudiger, which is ultimately what Conte wants. Why? Because they are simmilar players(with Koulibaly) and the Senegalese is his second choice. So there is something which he and the Board see, that we don't. Yes, we've scouted him for long, but Conte resigned from Juve, because he didn't have the final say on ins and outs. 

45 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

Really? And how would we know that now? I agree Marquinhos is better. Yes. But why would he want to come to us exactly?

About the other 3. Yes, Koulibaly made an immense season and did look better than Rudiger, BUT so did Mangala at Porto. 

Bailly - Is NOT in any way better than Rüdiger. On FM maybe, but not right now. He won't be a better choice and I'd argue he's not even more mature than him. 

Umtiti - While I agree for a CB of his size(he is shorter) he is immensily fast and puts in a great tackle, he isn't the finished material just yet, so he is on par I'd say.

Not to mention that ALL 4 may struggle to adapt and turn out to be just a baloon that pops. So, we can't actually say which of these CB's with nearly the same resume is better and who'd fit us more.

If we were signing a Thiago Silva or Bonucci or someone else of the WC mould then we can argue. Right now, we are focused on Rudiger, which is ultimately what Conte wants. Why? Because they are simmilar players(with Koulibaly) and the Senegalese is his second choice. So there is something which he and the Board see, that we don't. Yes, we've scouted him for long, but Conte resigned from Juve, because he didn't have the final say on ins and outs. 

Well, will we know if Marquinhos wants to come if we won't bid for him? Not quite, trying has never hurt anyone.
Yes, Koulibaly could turn out just like Mangala, there is no certainty in football, but then I would have to argue that Rudiger has even a better chance to turn even worse than Mangala. Just look at the first half of this season.
Bailly is more of a personal preference, and I would say that defensively is the better player, considering that Rudiger never seem to fully commit in his tackles.
Rudiger is in no way, shape, form, figment of the imagination, on par with Umtiti.

Again, Rudiger chances to fail are even more ample if we take in consideration the first half of the season at Roma.

Koulibaly and Umtiti would fit us more, it's what we need considering we can't attract the "world class" CB, they're not quite WC yet, but the step to become just that is way shorter than what Rudiger would need.

How do we know this is one of Conte's targets? I sure hope he is otherwise we're screwed.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Been hard at work on my YouTube scouting (:D) and I must say that Koulibaly looks the much better player than Rüdiger to me. Koulibaly looks like an absolute beast, in fact. He reminds me of Vincent Kompany at his best from a few years ago.

I hope we land him, but I'd be fairly satisfied with Rüdiger.

You can't judge on YouTube videos. You have to watch full matches to see how he does throughout the course of 90 minutes.

That said, I haven't seen anything from either.

Eric Bailly shits all over Rudiger and you better mark my words here as he's left the Ivory Coast training camp because he is on the verge of signing with an English club. Supposedly Leicester, for 19m.

Should this donkey Rudiger join Chelsea, compare the two of them in a year's time and see who mugged who here. 

7 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Well, will we know if Marquinhos wants to come if we won't bid for him? Not quite, trying has never hurt anyone.
Yes, Koulibaly could turn out just like Mangala, there is no certainty in football, but then I would have to argue that Rudiger has even a better chance to turn even worse than Mangala. Just look at the first half of this season.
Bailly is more of a personal preference, and I would say that defensively is the better player, considering that Rudiger never seem to fully commit in his tackles.
Rudiger is in no way, shape, form, figment of the imagination, on par with Umtiti.

Again, Rudiger chances to fail are even more ample if we take in consideration the first half of the season at Roma.

Koulibaly and Umtiti would fit us more, it's what we need considering we can't attract the "world class" CB, they're not quite WC yet, but the step to become just that is way shorter than what Rudiger would need.

How do we know this is one of Conte's targets? I sure hope he is otherwise we're screwed.

I will agree to disagree, because I do not have time for debates. I believe you are massively underrating Rudiger. In our recent history, we have a thing for buying the 'better' signing, only for him to flop.

I, personally, believe it is Conte's target. As I said, he left Juve, because of his final saying on transfers. I doubt he'd come here if he didn't have some assurance. Add to that that the supposed targets are all similar.

Marin, Schurrle, Baba and now Rudiger, flops have been quite costly, no wonder Abra is furious, better sack some people from the board now. They always end up with the poor 'german' players or 'wrong' players from the Bundesliga.
Instead of Reus they buy Marin and Schurrle, instead of someone like Rodriguez they buy Baba and now instead of Mustafi they try to show the world what a world class talent Rudiger is.
For that kind of money, Roma will be laughing all the way to the bank, congrats. Poor man's Boateng.
Conte must make gold from shit now, good luck, you gonna need it, but the bright side is, massive payout either way, so chin up. I would have also taken the job, the money is there to take.

On 30.5.2016 at 11:31 PM, petre.ispirescu said:

I refuse to believe and I say it again, I REFUSE TO BELIEVE that the Chelsea board would be that stupid to wait for Roma to transfer Rudiger and then buy him for 25m or 30m. Had Chelsea really wanted him, our club would have convinced the player to refuse the transfer to Roma, he'd have come back to Stuttgart after his loan, then Chelsea would have transfered him directly from Stuttgart for 9m. At least this is what I like to think and frankly this is what every business man would do. This is no fucking charity, oh yes you can have him for 9m and then I'll pay you 30 just because we're Chelsea and financially we're stronger than you. And I firmly believe that the Chelsea board is a tough negociatior because when you rob PSG for 50m on David Luiz it shows that you mean business. Chelsea board can't be idiots to pay silly money for a bang average player like Rudiger. Hopefully.

Sure?

Name me these big name proven CB's you speak of?

At what price will these big name CB's sell for?

What is their wage demands?

Is their a desire to play in the premier league or the champions league?

It's not just a matter of going to a grocery store and selecting which CB you want to buy, they have to WANT to come here. In world football there is a real shortage of quality CB's anyways, the best have their choice to choose which club they will join and right now it's not going to be Chelsea.

Trust the process, Conte was never big on buying all the world stars, he made his name mainly through developing good players into great ones. No one ever heard of Chiellini, Marchisio, Bonucci and Barzagli before Conte showed up at Juve and now they are household names and full internationals.