Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

In a few weeks another name will come out of these transfer rumours, one shittier than him and that we'll probably end up buying, and we'll wish for the days of us linked with Rudiger would come back.:ph34r:

14 minutes ago, the wes said:

12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Good, we need better than him.

Roma bought him so that they can sell him to us for more money.

14 minutes ago, the wes said:

He most probably isn't. Di Marzio's website says it: "They buy him now and will !most probably! double their profit by selling to us.

1 minute ago, LondonsFinest said:

He most probably isn't. Di Marzio's website says it: "They buy him now and will !most probably! double their profit by selling to us.

It wouldn't surprise me Chelsea sign him double the price 

I refuse to believe and I say it again, I REFUSE TO BELIEVE that the Chelsea board would be that stupid to wait for Roma to transfer Rudiger and then buy him for 25m or 30m. Had Chelsea really wanted him, our club would have convinced the player to refuse the transfer to Roma, he'd have come back to Stuttgart after his loan, then Chelsea would have transfered him directly from Stuttgart for 9m. At least this is what I like to think and frankly this is what every business man would do. This is no fucking charity, oh yes you can have him for 9m and then I'll pay you 30 just because we're Chelsea and financially we're stronger than you. And I firmly believe that the Chelsea board is a tough negociatior because when you rob PSG for 50m on David Luiz it shows that you mean business. Chelsea board can't be idiots to pay silly money for a bang average player like Rudiger. Hopefully.

2 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I refuse to believe and I say it again, I REFUSE TO BELIEVE that the Chelsea board would be that stupid to wait for Roma to transfer Rudiger and then buy him for 25m or 30m. Had Chelsea really wanted him, our club would have convinced the player to refuse the transfer to Roma, he'd have come back to Stuttgart after his loan, then Chelsea would have transfered him directly from Stuttgart for 9m. At least this is what I like to think and frankly this is what every business man would do. And I firmly believe that the Chelsea board is a tough negociatior because when you rob PSG for 50m on David Luiz it shows that you mean business. Chelsea board can't be idiots to pay silly money for a bang average player like Rudiger. Hopefully.

Roma had the optinion to buy him for 9m there was nothink Chelsea could have done.

10 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Roma had the optinion to buy him for 9m there was nothink Chelsea could have done.

As he said, there is this option. Contracts state such thing as options and excersisable demands. If the contract states they can buy him until a certain date, which with loans is usually the 30th of July, then Chelsea can't do much. 

29 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

17 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

As he said, there is this option. Contracts state such thing as options and excersisable demands. If the contract states they can buy him until a certain date, which with loans is usually the 30th of July, then Chelsea can't do much. 

Guys you did not get my point. Yes, they had this option, but it was between the two clubs. Roma had to negociate with the player, too. Had Rudiger rejected Roma's contract proposal he'd have gone back to Stuttgart, no matter there was an option to buy or not. You cannot transfer a player against his will, even if the clubs agree a fee. An option to buy at the end of loan between two clubs does not mean that the player is automatically obliged to accept it, too.

I'll repeat myself, but do you really think Chelsea could be that stupid to buy him for three times, or four times the amount when the club can easily reach the player's agent, persuade him to reject Roma's proposal and do business directly with Stuttgart? Maybe even get him for less than 9m because Stuttgart have just relegated from Bundesliga and they are in no position to negociate bullshit prices. Plus that Rudiger does not want to go back there and probably his wages do not fit Stuttgart's salary cap for 2nd division.

I'm no business man but you don't need 6 years in college to smell the bullshit in this. Wait for someone to buy for a certain amount just for you to come back later to get the same product for three or four times the price. What's the point in this? 

39 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Guys you did not get my point. Yes, they had this option, but it was between the two clubs. Roma had to negociate with the player, too. Had Rudiger rejected Roma's contract proposal he'd have gone back to Stuttgart, no matter there was an option to buy or not. You cannot transfer a player against his will, even if the clubs agree a fee. An option to buy at the end of loan between two clubs does not mean that the player is automatically obliged to accept it, too.

Depends on the contract agreement. If, by law, the loan contract can be made permanent with the same wage and clause agreement then he isn't in a position to argue. Which I believe is the situation. Either that or we are paying above so that we sweaten the Nainggola  deal. Only 2 choices available.

2 hours ago, It's too big said:

Have no idea about him. Shame we don't have roma fans on here to enlightenen us. 

Still raw, and is prone to concentration lapses and making mistakes that caused some costly goals. However his all-round performance has been very good since Spalletti took over.

He plays as a center-back and as a right back, but he's apparently said that CB is his preferred position. We haven't played him as an RB much but I remember the first time we played him there and he was amazing (I don't think it worked the second time though). He's great at timing his tackles and has bailed us out when we had players in the box.

IIRC earlier on he was very physical, and would take advantage of his athletic physique to win the ball back. It had varying results and sometimes landed us in tense situations which caused unnecessary fouls that were very close to the goal. His crossing has been his biggest issue imo and we've seen it all year. At times he shows signs that he's improving it but other times it's been piss poor for the most part.

All things considered, I really like him. I think he has the potential to be very good for Roma and for Germany. He clearly likes the club and our team (just head on over to his social media accounts to see that) and I very much hope he stays. I have to say though, that if selling him, Sadiq, Sanabria, etc means we hold on to Pjanic, Manolas and Nainggolan, I won't be too sad to see him leave.

From Roma fan.

He isn't what we really need, we need top class CB, not some average raw guy with big potential. We have enough of this. Bonucci or Koulibaly or Manolas are all much better. I'd be dissapointed if he is our top CB signing this year. He's average at best.