Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

Honestly so refreshing to have someone who's composed on the ball at LCB. Leicester's press wasn't anywhere near as effective because all of our defenders were competent in possession/under pressure. 

26 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

I think Zouma is a good defender but he always looks clumsy on the ball. Rudiger is a lot more assured and has better passing. 

A moment vs Everton on day 1 summed Kurt up to a tea. He made a borderline impossible interception to prevent i think Rooney being clean through then tried to play out of the back fucked it and nearly cost Stoke a goal. However he is a stellar defender in the correct system so if he does go hopefully it's abroad.

52 minutes ago, Tomo said:

A moment vs Everton on day 1 summed Kurt up to a tea. He made a borderline impossible interception to prevent i think Rooney being clean through then tried to play out of the back fucked it and nearly cost Stoke a goal. However he is a stellar defender in the correct system so if he does go hopefully it's abroad.

Much better against utd yesterday commentators thought near mom performance!

1 hour ago, CHOULO19 said:

Has low-key been the best performer among our new signings so far. 

Would be a calamity if he's replaced by Cahill for the Arsenal match.

lol u must be having a giraffe, ffs best performer among our new signings lmao  , stay off the drugs man! I would replace him with Christensen 

You can see what having a lot of experience playing in a back 3 does along with very good qualities, I don't think Rudiger has put a foot wrong yet, typical modern center half, strong, fast, comfortable with the ball, can play left and right sides of a back 3.

I imagine £34 million or whatever it was we paid will be looked back as a very shrewd investment in the current transfer market if he continues at this rate.

He is what Zouma could be with a bit more work (hopefully he plays a full season at Stoke in that right center back position in a back 3), obviously playing in a back 3 at Roma and Germany for a few years has helped him come in and not look out of place although he will have bigger tests than Everton and Leicester.

10 hours ago, mccg said:

lol u must be having a giraffe, ffs best performer among our new signings lmao  , stay off the drugs man! I would replace him with Christensen 

1. Christensen isn't a new signing.

2. Conte obviously disagrees with who should start ahead of whom.

3. I've been saying Christensen will be a world-class player since he was playing in the youth team but Rudiger has been objectively better. 

4. You obviously have an issue with Rudiger beyond his performances for us, but he's already proving to be an important signing and a very good piece of business. 

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

The thing with Zouma is that he's a back-to-the-wall kind of defender, someone who fits better in an approach where the team sit deep and defend from there. If the team play a much more progressive football, where the defenders not only have to defend (and defend higher up the pitch) but also play out from the back, then I don't think Zouma is your man for that.

Perfectly said. Was browsing the United forum after the game and saw quite a bit of "Chelsea wasted money on Rüdiger when Souma is better" posts. Clearly they haven't watched Toni and are basing their opinion on one viewing of Zouma.

He's not even in Rüdiger's league yet on the ball or in terms of decision making. Zouma is a freak of nature athlete who is still raw. 

4 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

1. Christensen isn't a new signing.

2. Conte obviously disagrees with who should start ahead of whom.

3. I've been saying Christensen will be a world-class player since he was playing in the youth team but Rudiger has been objectively better. 

4. You obviously have an issue with Rudiger beyond his performances for us, but he's already proving to be an important signing and a very good piece of business. 

Didn't say Christensen was a new signing, if you think Rudiger has been a better performer than Morata or Bakayoko thats your opinion but i would hedge afew bets that alot would disagree ! No issue with Rudiger just not totally convinced yet simples!

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The thing with Zouma is that he's a back-to-the-wall kind of defender, someone who fits better in an approach where the team sit deep and defend from there. If the team play a much more progressive football, where the defenders not only have to defend (and defend higher up the pitch) but also play out from the back, then I don't think Zouma is your man for that.

He played out from the back quite afew times against utd

On 10/09/2017 at 0:59 PM, mccg said:

I'm still not convinced with him , i hope he prove's another Conte masterclass down the line , 

Read the comment especially the bold bit if you think i have issue with Rudiger!

Tbh we haven't seen Rüdiger and especially Christensen enough for Chelsea to make any substantial comparisons or judgements. Rüdiger may just be more adept playing on the left, Christensen has his hands full trying to displace Azpi or Luiz. We have one weak spot (Cahill) and at the moment Rüdi seems like the best replacement not least because of his experience playing that position. And tbh he has done very well, I like what I've seen so far. I'm not nearly as worried about that side anymore as I was with GC. He's a physical beast, but also fast and comfortable on the ball - basically a more developed version of Zouma.